MP Fantasy [WB] Khazad-dûm (Banner added!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

faradon

Count
Khazad-dûm

In the year 2989 of the third age the dwarf Balin, son of Fundin led an expedition into the dark deeps of Khazad-dûm.

Khazad-dûm was once a kingdom founded by Durin the Deathless, filled with treasures and opulent artifacts, it´s architecture was breathtaking and stunned every human or elf who stepped into the glory halls. The bravery and pride of the dwarves reached their peaks these days.
But the dwarves dug too deep and an ancient enemy was freed...Durins Bane. Pure hate and grand might overcame the dwarves of Khazad-dûm and soon the great halls and the winding corridors were abandoned.

Sauron, enemy of middleearth, sent his gruesome orcs into the mines and those ratty creatures lived there for ages. Soon Moria, how the elves called it now, fell into ruins but no dwarf has ever forgot his lost home deep under the mountain and dreamt of walking through the golden halls of Durin again.

Balin decided to reconquer their kingdom and although Dáin warned him of the danger that lurks in the darkness Balin led an unknown amount of dwarves into Moria calling himself the "Lord of Khazad-dûm". Surprisingly, he successfully plant a dwarven colony in the east part of Moria.
But the orcs were still there and they were not amused about their dwarven neighbours...

In the year 3019 of the third age the fellowship of the ring discovered the remains of the colony. As written in the book of Marzabul, the dwarves were attacked by the orcs and five years after the arrival in Moria the dwarven colony was destroyed, every dwarf was killed and Balin was shot while he looked into the Mirrormere.

This is the story of Balin, "Lord of Khazad-dûm and his expedition.

Multiplayer-based based on the LotR books, inspired by the movie dwarven-style and other dwarven drawing on deviantart and other pages.

Basic idea:               
So, as you noticed, this mod is taking place in middleearth, in moria, to be precise. That means the mod will be 100% indoor. The players will be only able to take control of the dwarves and have to fight against the orcs (and other mean creatures...), so it´s basicly a PCs vs. NPCs-mod similiar to the "Invasion-Mod". But I don´t want the mod to end up in a spamfest where every player is just roaming around to get more points for their stats. To prevent this I am aiming for a difficult, very team-based gameplay through adding "objects/quests" (I´ll explain that in another chapter later) to the multiplayer or maybe even a game-over if the all the players spread out too much.

In many game-types the players won´t be able to win the match (as the colony dies in the book), so the main object is to survive as long as possible and maybe even to see the final endboss which will destroy them  :cool: .

The levels will be huge and complex to create a better roleplay-feeling and make the whole area more interesting to roam around, driven by the game quests.
The levels won´t look like eachother as every part of Khazad-dûm will get an own artstyle. It will be also possible to fight in the orcish corridors/rooms (not sure about that though).
...to be continued...

Features:

-full conversion of Mount and Blade: Warband
-over hundred (maybe even hundres) new highly detailed models:weapons, armours,environment models..and other carp
-features two new races: dwarves and orcs, both will get a new skeleton and entirely new equipment
-new levels:explore the deep,wet darkness of Khazad-dûm in many new areas
-randomly generated levels (still just an idea, will have to be tested by coders)
-adventure experience through story and quest based gameplay
-******** dwarves with awesome axes and ****!!yeah!!
...to be continued...

BANNER
much thanks to Barf for this awesome banner!!

Team:
Me- modelling, texturing, concepts, head of this mod
Secret
Secret

Download link:
http://tiny.cc/d5unv

*taken for later usage*
So, you made it through the boring reading stuff, right? Congratulations!Here is your price: screenshots of some models and wip environment objects (will come much later)...but not everything of course :smile:
NEW helmet: 16.04.2010
Weapons:
Dwarven_Shield_by_Faradon.jpg

Dwarven_Shield_No_2_by_Faradon.jpg

Dwarven_Axe_No_4_by_Faradon.jpg

Dwarven_Axe_No_3_by_Faradon.jpg

Dwarven_Helmet_by_Faradon.jpg

Dwarven_Helmet_No_2_by_Faradon.jpg
Maybe you´ll find some more screenies on my deviantArt site  :mrgreen:

Nice looking, good luck. Aren't you part of the The Last Days already though? Or are you going to leave to work full time on this?

UnboundZero said:
Nice looking, good luck. Aren't you part of the The Last Days already though? Or are you going to leave to work full time on this?
I am working on TLD and this mod....As in TLD most of the 3d things are done I always have some time do work on this mod.

I'll give you my full mental support! Anyway, I already like it just for the dwarves and the amazing items. If you can get most of them to be like the ones you already made, that'll be great.

Well, that makes three pairs of trousers in one day.

That shield, and the first axes? ****ing fantastic.

Also, glory halls tehe

Anyway, I have two suggestions, one nitpicky and stupid, one actually relevant.

1. Give the dome bit on the helms an extra edge or two :razz: No idea why, that stuff sticks out a lot for me.

2. Might be an idea to get someone to check your text. No offence intended, but reading through the first post, it has quite a few errors.

Still, awesome mod whee.

Looks amazing. So long as you get sexy new skeletons and animations, this should be incredible.

Also, check with HE about some dwarf stuff he was making for his Fantasy Mod, it could be very useful. (There were stone columns and the like.)

Calodine said:
2. Might be an idea to get someone to check your text. No offence intended, but reading through the first post, it has quite a few errors.
Mhm, I hope I didn´t make too many mistakes...I´m not a native english speaker though  :smile:

I gathered that, and it's only minor stuff - Missing comma here, missing space there etc. Still, presentation is everything :razz:

faradon said:
-over hundred (maybe even hundres) new highly detailed models:weapons, armours,environment models..and other carp
Dwarves and Carp! This sounds truly EPIC!  :cool:

*GA loves Dwarf Fortress*

Edit: hmm, I wonder how battlefield coordinates behave while battlemap is of indoors type. Outdoors one has restricted rectangular area, but there is no point in coding this for indoors. So randomly generated levels are probably even more easy than I thought

This will get a lot of my free time...

Great!

faradon said:
-****ing dwarves with awesome axes and ****!!yeah!!

That's where I'm Tolkien about!

I absolutely love dwarves. They'll always be my favorite race in any game or book universe.

One request though, please let there be a large selection of beards to choose from!
LONG beards, too! Not tiny scraggy ones. Big bushy ones, braided ones and ones with metal clasps and ornaments.

So many games get the beard aspect wrong. I know the significance of the beard changes from lore to lore, but it's an extremely important aspect to me. I see the beard as 50% of the dwarven appeal. And really, what is a dwarf without a huge beard?
A tall gnome, blurgh!

(Big images)
CA0806_08.jpg
dw_armor_engineer3.jpg

More beard types!
Dwarf_Beards.jpg
Dwarf_M_Archetype.jpg

And you shouldn't forget the long braided hair for the dwarven women, if they are to be playable. (No beards on them though, please. That's such a poorly conceived stereotype). If anything, a dwarven woman ought to have large sideburns.
DW-F-Chain-110639.jpg

And of course, the average dwarven face. This is from the Blizzard CGI intro to Warcraft. (Say what you will about their games, but they make amazing CGI scenes)
wow_030504_000.jpg

BEARDS!

Yeah, post some DnD and Warhammer pictures as reference for a LOTR mod. That will work.

Don' t forget, in the lord of the rings dwarf women have also beard......
but it is a great idea, there is great textures and i love that.....dwarf for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom