MP Native Fantasy [WB] Invasion of Avalon

Users who are viewing this thread

1) What would you like to see in invasion scenes, we would like to meet the requirements for all scenes to be cav friendly, give us a detailed answer of what you would like to see personally: I would like to see a half and half. Such as some city scenes favoring infantry and some open fields favoring cav.

2) What sort of waves would you like, how would you prefer difficulty, mass fodder bots, smaller waves of heavy armored units, a mix? Give us your thoughts we expect to release with 50 waves: With 50 waves I would expect lots of fodder but the boss waves to increase in difficulty. Though the fodder should increase in difficulty as the waves progress.

3) How have you always wanted to fight? What would make you extremely happy as a player, your thoughts?: Honestly I would love to be that stupid plated archer that can outrun people still.  :twisted:

4) Version one is server sided and limited to native items and server sided functions, What features would you like to see or modified?: Nothing much aside from what you have planned as it sounds good so far.

5) Is there anything else you would like to add?  Any thoughts or opinions you would like to express? We want to create a very fun experience: As said above nothing really aside from good luck as this looks to be very promising!

1) What would you like to see in invasion scenes, we would like to meet the requirements for all scenes to be cav friendly, give us a detailed answer of what you would like to see personally: Gypsy Wagon

2) What sort of waves would you like, how would you prefer difficulty, mass fodder bots, smaller waves of heavy armored units, a mix? Give us your thoughts we expect to release with 50 waves:
cannon fodder with strong bosses

3) How have you always wanted to fight? What would make you extremely happy as a player, your thoughts?:
2x two handers & crossbow and Gypsy armour.

4) Version one is server sided and limited to native items and server sided functions, What features would you like to see or modified?:
double health

5) Is there anything else you would like to add?  Any thoughts or opinions you would like to express? We want to create a very fun experience:
blow me peasant

OmegaWolfy said:
1) What would you like to see in invasion scenes, we would like to meet the requirements for all scenes to be cav friendly, give us a detailed answer of what you would like to see personally: I would like to see a half and half. Such as some city scenes favoring infantry and some open fields favoring cav.

2) What sort of waves would you like, how would you prefer difficulty, mass fodder bots, smaller waves of heavy armored units, a mix? Give us your thoughts we expect to release with 50 waves: With 50 waves I would expect lots of fodder but the boss waves to increase in difficulty. Though the fodder should increase in difficulty as the waves progress.

3) How have you always wanted to fight? What would make you extremely happy as a player, your thoughts?: Honestly I would love to be that stupid plated archer that can outrun people still.  :twisted:

4) Version one is server sided and limited to native items and server sided functions, What features would you like to see or modified?: Nothing much aside from what you have planned as it sounds good so far.

5) Is there anything else you would like to add?  Any thoughts or opinions you would like to express? We want to create a very fun experience: As said above nothing really aside from good luck as this looks to be very promising!

That is exactly what I had in mind scene wise, the prototype test scene I made is a cav playground with an outpost containing numerous cover spots and choke points for archers and infantry.

Yes you will have the ability to become godlike full stat everything to the max plate armored archer, on horseback. :wink:

GK_GwaeBloom said:
1) What would you like to see in invasion scenes, we would like to meet the requirements for all scenes to be cav friendly, give us a detailed answer of what you would like to see personally: Gypsy Wagon

2) What sort of waves would you like, how would you prefer difficulty, mass fodder bots, smaller waves of heavy armored units, a mix? Give us your thoughts we expect to release with 50 waves:
cannon fodder with strong bosses

3) How have you always wanted to fight? What would make you extremely happy as a player, your thoughts?:
2x two handers & crossbow and Gypsy armour.

4) Version one is server sided and limited to native items and server sided functions, What features would you like to see or modified?:
double health

5) Is there anything else you would like to add?  Any thoughts or opinions you would like to express? We want to create a very fun experience:
blow me peasant

Gypsy wagon? If you didn't notice your on the staff list for this mod, make a gypsy wagon yourself.  Double HP...  Well if I modify native's HP server sided the HP bar will be sticking out of GUI.  Though dividing damage dealt by two and refunding it to the agent each hit could could as double hp.  Problem with that, is there is going to be a lot of hitting, and I am trying to keep script triggering to a minimum to keep the CPU free for the massive load of AI.

My thoughts from working on the mod today

Difficulty is going to have to be insane from the middle to the end because people have the ability to as stated above, be godlike plated archers on war horses.  End game is going to be quite crazy. 

well things are on schedule for testing, not all the waves and maps are done, but a good test is due for sure.  I have done so much based on theory without firing it up, i need to make sure all components are working and the current waves are good. 

EDIT: today I had to re write a lot of core systems which I wrote blindly without compiling and testing, I have successfully recoded all of the faulty systems, and have fixed every error during compile, besides the missing wave scripts.

I have only written 11 waves so far out of 50 since I need to balance players leveling up, with players who are level'd ready to tackle end game. 

The websystem for editing your character, buying selling equipment, classes, horses ect... is ready to be completed by the freelancer I hired today, the shop is half way done and is the last feature of the assignment. 

All in all things are looking good for a launch on the 1st of March, 11 days from now.  Still have much work to do scene wise since Gwae is busy with his new offspring, and Guard, well I added him to the line up against his will knowing he was busy with the lord of the rings mod.  It is up to me to create the first scenes, which is a joy and was the inspiration leading to the creation of this mod.  I just loved scening for 27 days.

I find making invasion maps to be a lot of fun, compared to the overwhelming task of creating Persistent World Scenes.  Anyway, progress is progress, and we should have enough done by for a saturday evening open beta test.  :smile:

ahhhh your right i forgot the shields.  I'll get em in before open beta on saturday

Anyway that was a good small test we did today thanks everyone who dropped in. 

I have a small list of bugs to fix before Saturday.  Tell your friends, I would like to make the open beta a server stress test as well.

Another addition that would be good on the site is pictures for the items. No rush for it, but it would be helpful.

We were going to throw that in first time around but, it is not as easy of a task as it sounds.

The items tables are generated via database. 

I will pay the freelancer maybe, for that addition next month if I have extra money.

but eventually yes items will have images. 

PRE OPEN BETA FIXES AND CHANGES

After two days of private testing I am pleased to announce that every feature is now working flawlessly, thank you to my friends who help me test the last two days. ​

Winch_b prop now used to refill health, refill ammo, repair shield, refill horse health, replacing the original system of using a timer and a loop.  The timed loops ended up causing massive server spikes every time they were triggered, it was unforeseeable until after I did upgrades to the waves following yesterday's round of testing.  The use of a prop illuminates the lag spike causing loop and get the job done.  Yes it is silly using a winch to refill stats, but i will disguise it as a shrine, and client side it says "Open Gate", get used to it, that is how server side modding goes.

Respawning after completing a boss round is now fixed, I had to remove all agent checks and agent functions.  Apparently you no longer have an agent when you are dead to pass the respawn checks.  It works now. 

Open beta will have 24 waves, after wave 24 a random wave is selected from the 24 hard coded waves, in a random order.  I will most likely use this randomized wave system on release, featuring tier specific waves for specific round slots.  It should spice things up and make the game play less repetitive.  I can also use this sort of system to make completely server randomly generated scripts making each time playing completely different with different difficulties.

All website features are working, and for beta tomorrow your account should contain 30k to get your character ready for the big test, to prevent your gold amount from being overwritten, configure your character before leaving the server, first join is a bit rugged when it comes to synchronization.  Something I may be able to improve later on if needed.

So long story short, all systems go, last task on my plate is to create a nice looking Beta Test scene, to replace the development scene in use now. 

Hope to see you all at our Open Beta tomorrow, Saturday 21st, 4PM EST

As a Reminder, OPEN BETA IS TODAY Saturday, 4PM EST 

Server Name: Invasion_of_Avalon
Module: Native
When: Saturday 4PM EST
Teamspeak: froisex.ts3dns.com

Beta Instructions

Join the Invasion_of_Avalon server, and take note of your newly generated IN GAME PIN.  Cruise over to http://www.invasionofavalon.com and login with your pin. 

We will give out beta test gold so you can afford equipment, I will not release the godlike class for this test, we will just have a single class to start with for testing purposes, but it will be able to use any weapon horse whatever. 

Get your character set up before 4PM EST on Saturday, for the test will start 4PM sharp.

So come on anytime today before 4PM EST and create your account.

Server is up and open!

POST THEM ON THIS THREAD. :wink:  For we plan on and hope to get a sub board for this mod, instead of using an external forum.

No one really showed up to beta test, and tricklers that came in were confused.  I will finish the mod with what little knowledge i got from the beta. 

I will now respawn everyone for every round, since people got impatient with waiting 20 minutes for two players to kill 50 bots, for 3 consecutive rounds.

finish a line up of maps.  I need to work on my AI mesh skills, the bots were too dumb to climb the ladder to roofs.

I will add timed messages with instructions reminding them to configure their characters on the website.

I need to make the pin a little more clear and noticeable, with clear instructions that are unmistakeable when a player joins.  I will really have to make the instructional messages spammy.

Waves will have to be rebalanced to make it possible to play as infantry, at the moment it seems you need to be a super heavy cav to win.

We will release the final version around next weekend, it will take time for people to know the mod exists, since spreading the word did not go well.

Thanks to those who did show up,  I will get the mod finished and balanced, and work harder on the scenes.

Xaphan said:
No one really showed up to beta test, and tricklers that came in were confused.  I will finish the mod with what little knowledge i got from the beta. 

I will now respawn everyone for every round, since people got impatient with waiting 20 minutes for two players to kill 50 bots, for 3 consecutive rounds.

finish a line up of maps.  I need to work on my AI mesh skills, the bots were too dumb to climb the ladder to roofs.

I will add timed messages with instructions reminding them to configure their characters on the website.

I need to make the pin a little more clear and noticeable, with clear instructions that are unmistakeable when a player joins.  I will really have to make the instructional messages spammy.

Waves will have to be rebalanced to make it possible to play as infantry, at the moment it seems you need to be a super heavy cav to win.

We will release the final version around next weekend, it will take time for people to know the mod exists, since spreading the word did not go well.

Thanks to those who did show up,  I will get the mod finished and balanced, and work harder on the scenes.
sorry i couldnt show my internet decided to **** itself right when the event started  :cry:

by design the mod was frustrating to new players. 

So i have a lot to work on to make it the fun casual experience i had visioned. 

I realize the time was not the best for most, Arthur Pendragon joined the team today, i am getting him refreshed reguarding modding. 

He was one of the devs of 27 days which is the inspiration of this mod. 

Give us a little bit to come up with ways to revamp the project. 

Today I took a rest and slept, I want to take a break from all projects and chill, i will be designing a more solid scheme with arthur and we will begin redesigning the game to make it friendlier and more casual for new joins.

I'll keeps everyone posted who is interested. 

Xaphan said:
I realize the time was not the best for most, Arthur Pendragon joined the team today, i am getting him refreshed reguarding modding. 

He was one of the devs of 27 days which is the inspiration of this mod. 

Give us a little bit to come up with ways to revamp the project. 

Today I took a rest and slept, I want to take a break from all projects and chill, i will be designing a more solid scheme with arthur and we will begin redesigning the game to make it friendlier and more casual for new joins.

I'll keeps everyone posted who is interested.
Sounds good! Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom