SP Antiquity [WB] IMPERIUM SINE FINE (Team Needed!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Prolouge
I wanted to take the time to introduce the beginning of an official single-player strategy based Roman Mod. Since my rather large post last summer, I have managed to learn quite a bit on the subject of modding, but I am not entirely ready to create one alone. I would like help if possible and of course an opportunity to socialize with distinguished developers such as yourselves. Perhaps you too will be interested in creating a really orgastic ancient experience.
Since last summer I have been posting ideas about creating more political complexity in games. They seemed to be well appreciated but never fully enacted. At that time, I also began to start basic coding, and a bit of tampering with the edit mode and wings 3d. I'm wasn't great, and neither am I great now. Just decent and diligent.

The game will be set right around the Marius Soldier Reforms and will account for the time Rome begins to emerge as a World power. The most important aspect of this game will be developing the realism, making a believable experience which is also rich to the player. This game will not be historically accurate.

The Game Will Feature so far
-a realistic senate with togas daggers and more
            -some new beautiful egyptian scenes and faction
            -realistic barbaric tribes and trading system
            -Diplomacy and Naval Battles

For Time Being I have started designing the Roman faction: Italia and will post my work soon. If anyone wants to help, just PM me. I'm looking for any help whatsoever but I'll really be pleased with modelers and designers

You might want to take a look at the other *released* Roman mods before going ahead and starting your own. Ask those developers for assistance or offer them your assistance.

TrinityArse said:
You might want to take a look at the other *released* Roman mods before going ahead and starting your own. Ask those developers for assistance or offer them your assistance.

I have looked at those mods and plan to use quite a bit of the material from them as well. I didn't mean to be haughty as I realize I am still an amateur, but i did feel the need to make my own idea primarily official as many of the roman mods already released will not be at all the same as this. This mod, much like the Sword of Damocles, involves much conversion.

Windbusche said:
aderemi123 said:
I have looked at those mods and plan to use quite a bit of the material from them as well.
I hope you intend to request permission for the materials prior to their use.

Indeed I do, I do appreciate the items in these mods and would go directly to the source of them. But the map making and scenes would have to be new. It would be my intention to make them as amazing as possible. Of course, this and a lot of other things can only be with your help.

I think you should show some progress of what you have so far (if you have any). People are much more likely to help if you've actually done something and don't just have a bunch of ideas (everyone has ideas). Just posting this as some advice  :smile:

Good luck with it all anyway

A bit more information would be handy. What era of Rome are you focusing on etc. You also stated how you learned a lot about modding, but what in particular. I think this would have been better off in the suggestions page to be honest.

DarthTaco said:
A bit more information would be handy. What era of Rome are you focusing on etc. You also stated how you learned a lot about modding, but what in particular. I think this would have been better off in the suggestions page to be honest.

I have changed the opening post. You can review it again, please let me know if that was enough.

La Grandmaster said:
I think you should show some progress of what you have so far (if you have any). People are much more likely to help if you've actually done something and don't just have a bunch of ideas (everyone has ideas). Just posting this as some advice  :smile:

Good luck with it all anyway

I will soon.

Update:

I'd like to report that I am indeed quite a deal of good feedback from already well established modders.
I have gotten permission to use various items and this new senate floor from Quintillius.

35d6op0.png

I currently constructing a toga similar to this:

2my6tdw.jpg

Its gonna be great so... why not come aboard.

Back
Top Bottom