MP Dark Ages [WB] Heroes Of Valhalla (Persistent Mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

gedizz

Banned
Oe085GD.png

ESTIMATED RELEASE DATE - Unknown
The year is 850 AD and the Vikings are preparing to invade England. All the different tribes are coming together to form one big, brute invasion force. Which side will you fight for? Will you become a hero of Valhalla, or defend the English shores against the Viking invaders? You can rewrite history. Choose your side, soldier.

What's the mod about?

Heroes Of Valhalla is a persistent world based mod set in the 8th-11th Century with it's main focus set on the Viking Invasion of England. We plan to provide a somewhat historically accurate experience while still keeping it fun and simple. Live your life as an invading viking or defend your home of England against invaders, whichever you choose you will get an experience like never before. All of the features of Persistent World will be in this mod along with many, many features of our own.

Features

Planned Features

- Dehorsing
- Shield bash
- Decapitations
- More blood
- Banking scripts
- Buildable/Destroyable walls
- More ores/mines
- Layered Sieges (You have to go through different layers in order to capture a castle)
- New Textures
- New Sounds
- New Animations
- New boats
- More attacking animations

Possible Features

- Low-tech siege engines
- Flaming Arrows
- Swimming
- Fire destruction on buildable objects
- Different in-game chats (Out of Character, In Character, Global, Global for Recruitment posters etc)

This list may change at any time with new added features or removed features.

Media & Credits

- Gedizz
- Shyana
- Style
- Carrion
- Macca (For making the thread)
- Vornne (Creator Of PW)

The first known account of a Viking raid taking place in Anglo-Saxon England comes from 789, when three ships from Hordaland (in modern Norway) landed in the Isle of Portland on the southern coast of Wessex. They were approached by the royal reeve from Dorchester, whose job it was to identify all foreign merchants entering the kingdom, and they proceeded to kill him.[Richards 1991. p. 16.]

By all historical accounts they landed with three ships which would equate to about 120 to 170 men, although not an invasion it is the historical accurate first raid and caused the death of more then just the royal reeve . . .

I present to you, Froi The Viking!  Raider of villages, killer of sheep, and raper of all teh women in said villages.

CmYcWcj.png

Feel free to use this picture in official mod signatures, or for the mods banner!

*Note: Any derogatory comments made about my ability to create art will get you reported to my cat*

Froi said:
I present to you, Froi The Viking!  Raider of villages, killer of sheep, and raper of all teh women in said villages.

CmYcWcj.png

Feel free to use this picture in official mod signatures, or for the mods banner!

*Note: Any derogatory comments made about my ability to create art will get you reported to my cat*

Thank you, we will be using this as our loadup screen :wink:

Froi said:

CmYcWcj.png

Froi; you're truly the best artist I've ever seen.

Froi said:

CmYcWcj.png

Beautiful, just Beautiful, put it in 3d and maybe we'll use it :twisted:

Actually I attempted to draw a grumpy cat viking free-hand, turned out looking weird, deleted it, made that for the lols.  So all in all, around 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom