B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Users who are viewing this thread

Awesome mod, guys. This has a great potential to become one of my favorite mods.
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but are you guys sure you won't need an English translator for the mod? Or by "text" do you already mean a translator? I honestly think it'd be a shame for a mod with models and textures of this quality to be damaged by a bad English text.

Yeah, the marauder screenshots look like they are from the original, but the chaos warrior ones on the other hand appear to be from Warband.

When mod started, warband was in development. Screens with part of marauders from non-warband MnB.

Also! All marauders fur will be fixed and will be like chaos warrior fur.

UP

Chaos and The Empire characteristics to compare...

Chaos
The Empire

To aviod some questios about characteristics...
Chaos units specifics:
1. Marauder Recruit - Almost no armor. Weak weapon. No shield

2. Marauder - Weak light armor. Axe. Weak shield.

3. Skilled Marauder - Light armor. Axe. Shield.

4. Berserker - Almost no armor. Two-handed weapon.

5. Weathered Berserker - Medium armor. Good two-handed weapon.

6. Elite Berserker - Good medium armor. Very good two-handed weapon (but not so good against Khorne warriors weapon).

7. Marauder of Norska - Medium armor. Simpe axe. Simple shield.

8. Weathered Marauder of Norska - Good medium armor. Good one-handed weapon (swords, axes, crowbills, maces). Good shield.

9. Elite Marauder of Norska - Best medium armor (for Chaos). Very good one-handed weapon (not best). Very good shield.

10. Rider - Light armor. Spear and axe. No shield.

11. Weathered Rider - Medium armor. Good spear and axe. Shield

12. Elite Rider - Good medium armor. Exellent spear and axe. Good shield.

13. Chaos Warrior - Heavy armor. Heavy Axe/Sword/Mace(one-hamded). Big shield.

14. Elite Chaos Warrior - Good heavy armor. Mighty heavy Axe/Sword/Mace(one-hamded). Mighty big shield.

15. Crusher - Heavy armor. Long Halderd/Naginata/Poleaxe. No shield.

16. Elite Crusher - Good heavy armor. Heavy long Halderd/Naginata/Poleaxe. No shield.

17. Nurgle's Warrior - Good heavy armor. Heavy Axe/Sword/Mace(one-hamded). Heavy big shield. Medium health-bonus. Mini speed-penalty.

18. Nurgle's Knight - Exellent heavy armor. Exellent heavy big shield. Exellent heavy Axe/Sword/Mace(one-hamded). Big health-bonus. Medium speed-penalty.

19. Nurgle's Champion - Best mega-heavy armor. Best mega-heavy shield. Best one-handed weapon (for Chaos). Huge health-bonus. Big speed-penalty.

20. Khorne's Warrior - Heavy armor. Exellent two-handed weapon (Axe/Sword). No shield. Medium speed-bonus.

21. Khorne's Knight- Good Heavy armor. Wonderful two-handed weapon (Axe/Sword). No shield. Big speed-bonus

22. Khorne's Champion - Mighty heavy armor. Best two-handed weapon in game. No shield. Huge speed-bonus.

1. Nurgle/Khorne way specifics.
You may choos only one God.
Hiring in Nurgle/Khorne temple.

Khorne - Spirit of attack - Fast run and hit. No shield
Nurgle - Spirit of defence - A lot of HP, a lot of armor, slow motion. Mighty shield.

2. Throwing axes specifics.
All units, exept godly units and crushers, have 2-3 throwing axes. Damage of this axes is 150-200% from main damage.
Chaos Warrior and Elite Chaos Warrior have best thrownig axes with huge damage.

3. Archers specifics.
Chaos faction HAVE NO ARCHERS. Most long-ranged weapon for chaos - is throwing axe.

4. Heavy cavalry specifics.
Mounted Warriors/Knights/Champions of Khorne/Nurgle have the same characteristics with unmounted.

Those mounted chaos champions are the strongest things I have ever seen in a mount&blade game, those human elites are nothing compared to them.  :shock:, good thing they take up 30 slots. Of course it's logical that that a god's champion is way stronger than some mortal human. The more you reveal about this mod the more I start to like it. The way it is now, having a chaos champion will be a real accomplishment.
The only thing that strikes me is that you never use the word "chosen" which would be a good word to use for elite chaos troops because it's a term from the actual warhammer game.
Here are some methods to incorporate it:
1:
Replace the troop tree by this:
                                I
Khorne's  knight - Khorne's warrior
Khorne's chosen knight - Khorne's chosen
Khorne's knight champion - Khorne's champion
2:
Replace (Mounted) Khorne's warrior by (Mounted) Khorne's chosen
3: Add a fourth troop in between the warrior and the knight which is called (mounted) Khorne's chosen
4: Make it so that everytime you upgrade an elite chaos warrior to a khorne's warrior there will be a small chance of him becoming a chosen khorne's warrior who will than upgrade to a chosen khorne's knight etc. These chosen will have slightly higher stats.

Note: I used Khorne as example, but I obviously mean the same for Nurgle.

Furok said:
Chosen - It's hero and chaos lords.
Ok sorry for the bother.

One more thing: I think it's a bit weird that a pistolier (a commoner) all of a sudden becomes a noble knight. Perhaps you should make it so that you can recruit nobles in a castle who will eventually become knights,  pistoliers will then be an upgrade of a unit from the village/town troop tree or a seperate castle troop tree.
I also think that the knight troop tree is a bit short (just 3 units) in comparison to the other empire troop trees. Maybe you should make the tree a bit longer by adding a squire, squire at arms and veteran knight. The tree would than be:

Empire Noble
    I
Squire
    I
Squire at arms
    I
Knight (insert order here)
    I
Veteran knight (insert order here)
    I
Knight of the inner circle (insert order here)

I just found this and I just had to drop by and say how

BLOODY AWESOME

this looks so far.

Keep it up guys, you're the most talented M&B team I've seen so far, at least when it comes to visual quality - Haven't seen the gameplay yet. But I'm sure that will rock my socks off as well.

Epic.
Thumbs up.

But please, finish it. Don't let it die.
It would be one hell of a waste.

Oh, and I'd love to help, but all I can do are signatures and banners, maybe menu design.
I have no problems admitting that my texturing skills are definately NOT up to your kind of quality.
My Photoshop skills, on the other hand, maybe are.

Sylke said:
Furok said:
Chosen - It's hero and chaos lords.
Ok sorry for the bother.

One more thing: I think it's a bit weird that a pistolier (a commoner) all of a sudden becomes a noble knight. Perhaps you should make it so that you can recruit nobles in a castle who will eventually become knights,  pistoliers will then be an upgrade of a unit from the village/town troop tree or a seperate castle troop tree.
I also think that the knight troop tree is a bit short (just 3 units) in comparison to the other empire troop trees. Maybe you should make the tree a bit longer by adding a squire, squire at arms and veteran knight. The tree would than be:

Empire Noble
    I
Squire
    I
Squire at arms
    I
Knight (insert order here)
    I
Veteran knight (insert order here)
    I
Knight of the inner circle (insert order here)
sylke, pistoliers become pistoliers to prove their prowess in battle and get noticed by knightly orders. there are other ways to join knightly orders obviously but this one is the most documented in warhammer.

And then you laugh? :???:
Any ways, I actually posted to ask if it will be possible to play as a witch hunter and/or hire witch hunters.

You can't play as witch hunter and can't make army from them. But you can hire Witch Huhter-companion.
Troop slots... It will be different. Depends from period of game/level/skills/reputation.

But at middle of game something about 300

Back
Top Bottom