B Fantasy [WB] Gothic v.0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

the map is a 1to 1 replica of the gothic 1 map also known as minevalley and quite done mybe 20 hours work left on it ( just details love greeble and so on)

game is in alpha state now but its not open so beta maybe end 1Q 2012

Aw hell yeah!

I've played Gothic 2 and Gothic 2 Night of the Raven more than i could think of... bloody hell was that game good!

I hope this mod doesn't die, good luck team!

were working on beta atm 

so mod isnt dead at all
its just ALOT of coding which is kinda impossible to show you so we dont have much new to show

Interesting guess wulfgarn  tell me your source please   

as already mentioned we are coding like hell on it this inst a minimod or a visual mod like mm russia for example this mod contains lots of scripting and we are still working on the beta .

If you want further information about the mod just ask

Well...in that case ok.And scripting is the hardest but the most wonderful part of the modding.Can we at least know a list of scripts you are planning to integrate?

hmm ok

Crafting: press F at a forge or smelter or....  to open a window there you can choose from your learned recipes put in the materials requested and craft your item

Woodcutting Gathering Mining: woodcutting kinda like PW  Gathering material like plants for potions etc  mining is kinda like PW

The Rank system: Thats kinda complicated to explain but ill try

If you wanna join a faction you just need to subscripe there ( works like PW) but when you want to get a higher rank you have to get the permission from your leader and fullfill a quest ( this will work like get X gold  get X resources Kill X mobs or do something important like ambush an enemy caravan)

The gamemode the factions the animals:
jeah coding animals is kinda hard in warband becaus you cant add new bones which means we have to make animal animations with human bones our best animator ( gamal ) works on it and made progress already. Also making Sozial behavior of animals ( wolfs attack in groups  a shadowwalker will be alone)

Implementing new weapons and armours: THIS part is almost finished 60 new weapons are finished ( original replicas from Gothic 1) armours are half finished

Magics: some are done some not  fireball frostbolt and summon undeads works already other spells will come later

The account system: jeah another hard thing  it will save your character your stuff your house everything  so you just connect to our server and create a account this account is combined with your warband ID so noone else can acces to it even if he hacks your password he still needs your game

So if you got any questions just ask

hmm i dont know what you exactly mean pls be a bit more precise but gothic 2 is in fact the same game engine and so on like in gothic 1 just small changes have been made there but if you mean weapons and armors i have to say no only G1 items  BUT there will be gothic 2 plants and herbs as well as potions and spells

MAYBE we implement a Dragon as a boss enemy for group fights ( we planned that already for the trolls )

Oh i see - I was referring to the paladins, mages, mercenaries, Khorinis, those sorts of things... And i think that a dragon fight would be a ***** to script...:shock:

I think the "Rank" system means paladins,mercenaries etc.As for dragons,you need new skeletons.It is not impossible,but it is very hard.Let's take a human bone:
      <Bone name="hb_abdomen" bone_mass="10"> <Bodies> <body type="capsule" radius="0.14" pos_x="-0.04" pos2_x="0.04" pos_y="0.08" pos2_y="0.08" pos_z="-0.03" pos2_z="-0.03"/> </Bodies> </Bone>
What exactly are body type,radius,pos_x,pos2_x etc?I mean,you need to know how to define them.Anyway,it is not impossible.You have a horse and a human model.A dragon,in the "skeleton" similiarities,is a horse with wings,shorter frontal legs and that stands on his back legs(in gothic yes and this is animation part).

The rank system will only contain gothic 1 ranks

here a small example of the old camp

Digger- free to join no coasts

Shadow- small fee and small amount of materials  aplication quest needed  needs aprovance of leader

Gardist- medium fee medium amount of materials apllication quest needed  needs aprovance of leader

and further ranks are there already but i dont wanna say everything :smile:

with the bones we know that we can change those 2 bones ( horse and human)  but we are searching for a way of implementing new bones ( which looks impossible) because its hardcoded    but gamal is already working on animations of wolfes harpies etc

Back
Top Bottom