Users who are viewing this thread

main.1.png

Type - Genre
Single Player Action RPG - Anime

Mod Description:
A mod set in the Fate/ TYPE-MOON universe. Primarily based on the rules established by the Grail Wars featured in Fate/stay night, Zero, and hollow ataraxia to create a unique gameplay interpretation of the RPG elements presented in the works.

Primary Features:
Summon a Heroic Spirit, a chosen hero from throughout all possible time and from all possible universes, into one of seven powerful Classes as their Master in order to wage war for the Holy Grail, an omnipotent wish-granting device.
Magecraft, modern imitation of the Magics used during the Age of Gods, albeit still extremely powerful.
Enhanced Hand-to-hand Combat, with Skills, Noble Phantasms and a specially devised Damage System, the Grail is easily within your grasp! If only those other darned Masters didn't also have access to them. Those pesky Mages.
Modern Weapons, what? You think a Magus should only work out of a grimoire? Why fight fair when a round from a Walther WA 2000 to the opposing Master's skull is just as effective all without dealing with those pesky Servants?

Currently Implemented Features:
  • 35 Heroic Spirits to be summoned
  • Explore Calradia and engage in battle with various Masters.
  • 2v2 Battle Arena! Test your mettle in the most direct test of the master/servant relationship.
  • Traditional Turnbased RPG Style Status Effects
    (Frozen, Petrified, Poisoned, Confused, Enraged, etc.)
Partially Implemented Features:
  • Summoning Ritual, can be modified to increase odds of specific Servants.
  • Noble Phantasms, powerful attacks that can destroy entire armies.
  • Unique Servant Skill and Parameter System, working alongside the current stat
    system is the Servant Parameter System as well as Skills that can boost combat skills or
    give passive bonuses like increased treasure.
  • Character Alignment and Personality Systems, your Servant was a person too!
    Maybe they won't agree with your combat style, maybe they want to kill wantonly, or maybe
    you'll be the best of buds
  • Servant Damage System, Servants need not worry about mere mortals even laying
    a scratch on them. Even without their healing factor, it takes something very powerful to harm
    a Heroic Spirit. Maybe take a course on Reinforcement Magecraft to give yourself a chance?
  • Magecraft System, learn spells to use both in and out of combat to gain an advantage against enemy masters.
  • Enhanced Combat A.I., Servants are defensive powerhouses leading to incredible exchanges of power and skill between them.
Servant pages based on the VN and Games.
  • 7 War Types to choose from, each with discreet rules,
    gameplay styles and limitations.
  • VN inspired story beats between intense Servant battles.
  • Modern Style Cities to explore (Fuyuki, Snowfield, Tokyo)
  • Japanese High School Life! Who hasn't wanted to attend
    Archery Club and awkwardly try to conversate with your crush
    all while hiding the fact a powerful, murderous Heroic Spirit
    is actually syphoning off all of your mana to prevent the literal
    will of the Earth from erasing it from existence.
  • Lineage system where Characters pass on Magic Crests based
    on how they died or where they were when they retired so that your
    children might take place in the next Grail War!

List of Currently Available Summonable Servants:
Saber​
Lancer​
Archer​
Rider​
Caster​
Assassin​
Berserker​
Artoria PendragonCú ChulainnEMIYAMedusaMedeaHassan of the Cursed ArmHeracles
Nero ClaudiusDiarmuid Ua DuibhneGilgameshIskandarGilles de RaisHassan of the Hundred FacesLancelot
SiegfriedFionn mac CumhailAtalantaAchillesWilliam ShakespeareHassan of the Shadow PeelingSpartacus
Fergus mac RóichHectorRobin HoodAstolfoAvicebronHassan of SerenityFrankenstein
Richard LionheartBrynhildrArashSaint GeorgeHohenheimKing Hassan-i-SabbahAsterios

Calradian Holy Grail War: Explore Calradia as it currently stands, with a twist. Six other Masters explore the world as what are essentially neutral lords amassing forces with their chosen Servants in order to fight and kill one another (AND YOU!) in a bid for the Calradian Holy Grail, the omnipotent Wish-Granting Device. What will you wish for?

Fuyuki Holy Grail War: Explore Fuyuki on foot, meeting NPCs and avoiding combat with enemy Masters. This will feature the Church and Mage's Association to keep you in line. No revealing to normal people that Magecraft is a reality. Maybe try to strike up a deal with another Master in a bid for power, avoid conflict and strike at the right moment to secure an easy victory, or use superior combat and Magecraft skills to decimate your opponents.

Tokyo Holy Grail War: Essentially the Fuyuki Grail War but instead of Fuyuki it takes place in the highly urbanized, entirely fictional version of 1991 Tokyo.

Great Holy Grail War: Team-based Grail War! Red Team versus Black team in a 7v7 massacre waiting to happen. This one might be multiplayer. Who knows!? I certainly don’t. In fact, I probably know the least out of anyone!

False Holy Grail War: Another fourteen Master Grail War, this time, a true free for all taking play in Snowfield, USA. I haven’t read the content this one comes from, but it’s here! It seems pretty sick, tbh.

Moon Cell Holy Grail War: This one’s weird. In a world with no magic the MOON ? is now a PVP zone for digital Grail Wars to happen! With no Mana, Mages now rely on Codecasts and Hacking for combat! Following so far? Make sense, right? Well, the dopest **** is this is a 64-participant Grail War! I intend to implement it by having a randomized Tourney of all available Servants and Masters that is punctuated with dungeon crawling aspects. Strengthen your Servant in order to get the leg up. Espionage, studying and strong detective work are all asked for to help increase your chances of discovering the True Name of the opponent’s Servant and hopeful giving you the advantage in the 1v1 Combat.

Grand Order: Calradia is home to the latest pseudo-Singularity. Join Chaldea as a Master and Save Humanity. Start with three Servants (Awarded by gacha. What else?) and amass a Servant army in order to take on Shadow Servants, Beasts and armies of undead bent on the destruction of Humanity. This one takes place in Calradia but changes the parties to FGO mobs and allows you to collect all 35+ servants to use as your Army. No non-Servant troops outside of Magecraft Summons and Noble Phantasms in this scenario. I will also implement the Rock-Paper-Scissors relationship between the Servant Classes for this to add another exciting layer.

I am hard at work on a whole host of different aspects of the mod but here’s the rough order in which I will be working.
  • Passive Skill Implementation
  • Mod Specific Presentations and Menus
  • Rough Art Pass
  • 3 Knight Classes (Saber, Lancer, Archer) - Full Implementation
  • Riders, Assassins and Special Class Servants - Full Implementation
  • Damage Systems (The way the rules work, attacks must pass a certain threshold in order to do damage and I hope to emulate this)
  • Opposing Masters
  • Scenes and Map-work
  • Grail War Type Differences
  • Noble Phantasms
  • Casters - Full Implementation (Are last because they’re boring, honestly)
  • Combat A.I. (Have normal troops in Calradia fear Servants, allow Servants to fight at blinding speeds, give them advance combat techniques to give them the edge in battles against non-Servants.)
This timeline is very rough, and I've already been jumping around on this, such as the Damage System already being partially implemented with damage dampening from non-Servant characters to Servants.

• Implementing skills will not always be easy. Noble Phantasms even more so than Skills. I’m not exactly a seasoned vet with MBScript and certain skills will require a lot of thought. There are currently 60 skills in my code waiting for me to find out how to properly use them as well as 40+ Noble Phantasms to work on.
  • Modder Burnout. I’ve only been working on this for a month or so, but I’ve made innumerable mods in the past that died on hard drives and never made it past a few implemented abilities. I feel strongly that this will keep going for a while, but anyone who has worked with me in the past know that I am passionate and hardworking until I hit a roadblock and then I oftentimes disappear. (Hi, multiple mods that I promised content for. I'm doing a thing!)

• Announcing a project I intend to finish to the world. This community has a lot going for it, but it’s not what I remember it being when I was younger. I hope to use this mod to inspire younger modders to branch out of the usual Fantasy/High-Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Historical Fantasy/Post-Apocalypse genres mods all seem to fall into and take risks with cool properties or just that **** you like.
  • Compliments. Thank you, I love compliments.
  • Ideas on implementations of Noble Phantasms or Skills. I am working on implementing all of these and so I would love to hear how you think X/Y skill could be implemented in the game.
  • Discussion on ways to make the mod better. I genuinely suck at M&B and understand that my form of gameplay isn’t everyone’s so I would love to hear what would make this better for people who play like you.
  • HYPE!!
  • Helping ya boi come up with a more lore friendly name.
  • Questions on how any of this will work or what any of this might mean.

• Complaining about genderswap Servants. I also find it weird that King Arthur is a perpetual 15-year-old girl, but I am doing the nasuverse canon genders regardless.
  • Complaining about Anime. It's not the most popular thing on this forum, that's chill. I like it, but that doesn't mean you have to. It'll make for a fun time regardless.
  • Requests for specific Servants. The way my systems work, they aren’t very malleable for the time being, so it will be difficult to add Servants, Skills or Noble Phantasms. Maybe in the future when I have the luxury to do a more modular system, I'll hammer one out in order to allow future additions..
  • Requests for Art Assets or Code Snippets. I will release what I think will benefit the community on the whole, but as of this moment everything is closed. If I choose to release content for other modders usage it will be clearly labelled and easily available. I'm generally pretty generous with features I think are cool and can be used in more than very limited cases.
  • Childish Remarks. I’ve been on this forum since I was 17. Now I'm 27! I'm ****ing old now! But, I was you once! (Yes! You! My guy!) I sometimes go through my old posts to gain humility because I used to be a complete twat. Don’t be like old me! Let's just be kind to each other. In this thread, at least.
  • Asking for release dates. This is Taleworlds, guys. We’re supposed to be in the soapy embraces of love! Let’s exemplify that by never talking about a release date on this thread. Ever. Not once. Even when I do release! We'll pretend it never happened and just hang.
  • Negativity in general. I get it. Be a killjoy, pessimist or whatever. That’s chill. It's even fun sometimes. Just maybe not here. I hear Reddit is a cool place to be mean to strangers on the internet.

So far no one knows about this project, so there aren't really questions to be answered. I'll put some hypothetical ones whenever I actually have the time to write a few nonsensical things.

I'll come back and touch these up and all future questions are to be answered in actual detail

Why an Anime Mod? (I was inspired, it's a fun series. Anime mods usually die young, so I'mma try to kill the Curse. If Zombie mods could do it, so can we.)
Why announce now? (I have built a solid enough foundation to continue to work off of and want people to know because I like to be held responsible)
Fate is based on an eroge visual novel with literal h-scenes, will you be following suit? (I'mma answer this right now, firm no.)
It's also considered a sort of dating game, will you have dating sim elements? (Another hard pass.)
Fate is Anime, will you adapt a anime style visuals? (This is fair. I'm not sure. I'm still playing it by ear. Probably, though.)
What's your modding background? (A lot. Goldsrc, Source, 1.011 and some Warband. Mostly 3D art, but I like scripting.)
Do I know you? (Prolly. I don't really go by SupaNinjaMan anymore, not for about five years. I left it as my name here to tie me to my old projects. You've probably seen me around as Sionfel or dstn.)
What happens if the curse strikes you? (I release everything as OSP. Art, Scripts, everything to live with someone else. I doubt this'll happen)
What happened to you previous projects? (My most recent mod, a D20 themed mod from 2011, died with a hard drive.)
Why isn't there more media? I know you primarily work in art. (Right now the visuals are mostly Native with the newer stuff not being easily shown in still images. Mostly I've done code stuffs. I'll implement much more visual things shortly to make this page a little more interesting.)

20190122201439_1.jpg

Testing my laying the groundwork for various Servants and their stats.

Shortly I'll be introducing a comprehensive summoning system for the player
and NPCs with upwards to 50+ Masters able to summon Servants based on the
Grail War being fought in.

(The initially implemented Grail War being a traditional Fuyuki-style Grail War
fought amongst Seven Masters and the usual political and martial clammerings
of Calradia)

a few things, like height, weight and info tier will be implemented into the character
stat sheet but not implemented in any meaningful way. It's more to stay true to the
source material.
first_pass_render.png

Initial art pass for Fate/ Mod Project. In this photo we have:
(left to right)
Rule Breaker - Caster Medea (F/ SN)
Bakuya/Kanshou - Archer EMIYA/Nameless (F/ SN + Ex-series)
Unnamed Dagger - Rider Meduse (F/ SN)
Excalibur and Avalon - Saber Artoria (F/ SN + Zero)
Caladbolg - Saber Fergus mac Roich (F/ GO)
Aestus Estus - Saber Nero Claudius (F/ Ex-series)
Medea's Staff - Caster Medea
Stone Axe-Sword - Berserker Heracles (F/ SN)
Bridal Chest - Berserker Frankenstein (F/ Apocrypha)
Gae Buidhe - Lancer Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (F/ Zero)
Archer's Bow - Archer EMIYA/Nameless (F/ SN + Ex-series)
Gae Bolg - Lancer Cu Chulainn (F/ SN)
Gae Dearg - Lancer Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (F/ Zero)
Durindana - Lancer Hector (F/ GO)

A lot of these are UV'd and flat textured, but not in Blender so
don't mind the textures being wonky or non-existent. Sort of a first-pass
so that the Servants in game have something to differentiate themselves
on the battlefield with.

I'm not super happy with a few of these and they'll be redone, but it's
nice to have a placeholder in the meantime.
AA32077F14BBC2DEF1C66E1F377520CB2AB707DF
New Quick Battle Presentation: 2v2 Servant/Master Battles.

Last edited:
Easter Cow said:
Good luck on this project! :smile:
Thank you, brother!
Masterancza said:
Very interesting project :shifty:
Thanks!
fladin said:
Very interesting concept (Hassan everywhere :grin:)
Good luck
Lol, thank you!

So the idea of having five Hassans was that the original Grail system allowed only leaders of their order to occupy the Assassin class. That being said, I love Kojiro, so I am really tempted to add him. Especially since a few, Serenity and Shadow-peeling in particular, aren't well established and I think adding variety will encourage people to try to summon from that class.

Also, the servants are still in flux, despite me already having some of their skills and stuff implemented.

The ones that might change are the two aforementioned Hassans, Arash, Fionn, Richard and Shakespeare.

I basically kept a devlog going in this post for the month of March
Sorry, but only up to two (2) embedded YouTube videos per post are allowed. Please change any additional videos to standard links or just remove them.
I have a few rough Noble Phantasms implemented so far that, while definitely not complete, are pretty fun to mess around with. Here's one I threw in tonight after binging through Apocrypha today.
Video: Phoebus Catastrophe, First Test
I had one video of me actually using it in combat to win a siege solo, but that was during my first stage where the arrows just came straight down. I reiterated it since hit like none of the time, so even though that video is more interesting, it isn't very accurate to the current build.
I made another that was a bit more interesting.
Video: Phoebus Catastrophe, Combat Test

First video is the first time I got horizontal missiles coming in properly, it's 150 arrows in a 10m2 area.

The second one ends abruptly because it turns out spamming 500 simultaneous missiles into an army of 200 get's a little. . . .chuggy.
It was 500 arrows in an area of 30m*10m, btw. I watched a clip and this way seemed more accurate.

For the proper implementation, I'm going to add a way to select a variation like the one in the video or one that is more or less single target but with essentially the same damage output put over a period time to mess up particularly defensive servants like Spartacus who absorbs damage, or people like Heracles who have multiple lives before finally staying down.

And of course it won't be allowed on an entire quiver, just when invoked.

3/14 Update: Now the arrows come towards the player, that way we can hit people with their shields raised in the back. I'm going to change the inflight model to a light blue glowy arrow and maybe make it so it won't leave a prop behind because it can make the game chuggy.
This is essentially the same script, but instead of summoning arrows from the gods it does something much more simple, it kills the dinosaurs.

I still want to add particle effects behind the meteor, change the angle of approach and a few other things, but it works well as a rough in. This is actually my second or third try to implement this, and this is not the way I expected to use for it, but this is definitely a case of simpler is better.

3/19/2019
So this week has been a lot of art stuff.
I've really roughly textured most models I've implemented so far, added in some Fate related art to make it feel less like Native.
I've also started with custom presentations such as a much quicker single page custom character background creator and visual novel style servant status sheet.

But, the feature that made me want to do a write up! I've made a system to allow characters to block projectiles with melee weapons (!!!!) It's working right now, but I need to fine tune the sort of area in which each block can actually snag missiles. This also works as a way to balance Archers and Assassins, and help a skilled player nullify attacks like Gate of Babylon. When I work on Combat AI I'll make sure to teach them to hold a block based on where the opponent is aiming.

Also, Cu Chulainn has an ability to nullify all ranged attacks if he can see the attacker. So that's going to be a fun addition soon.

Soon I'm going to wrap my head around how to make the Grail War happen without me pressing a button on the menu, and how to make it more exciting to play. And once that's done, maybe get a beta ready.

Right now the features are cool, and servants are fun to have on your side since they can essentially tank an army pretty much alone but fights between two servants end quickly and are barely different than fights between any two troops. I need to get creative with combat AI and make it so that they start using weapon lengths to their advantage and the like.
3/21/19
Got the Saiba-Laisa working. Right now, the way it works, it essentially kills everyone 500m ahead of the user within a meter horizontal variance. I'm going to add a check to see if the enemy agents are blocking. And there are more than a few weirdnesses about it, but it looks surprisingly good for a first pass. If you can overlook the fact that the beam graphic continues on and on forever.

I'm also doing the groundwork for weapon trails for more dramatic visuals, it could be going better. It looks okay in motion, but right now it's sort of "always on" so if they stand still, or unequip their weapon, it looks. . . awkward.

Of course, as with the above videos, all visuals are placeholder until I do another art pass.

While watching the video I realized that I hadn't included a way for you to select your characters alignment! I have remedied this! Certain actions will be unavailable to a character of certain moral standings, such as allowing your servant to feed on souls to horde mana. Also, the further away on the chart you and your desired Servant are, the more difficult you will find it to summon them.

Depending on the War you're participating in, this will come into play. Other such factors are as Mana and Knowledge levels (obviously the more you know about the ritual, the easier it will be. Also, the more power you dedicate to it, the better the results), your personality, other already summoned servants (certain servants lend themselves to dragging along a related servant, such as Cu Chulainn always bringing EMIYA to play), whether or not someone has tampered with the War ritual (the seven classes featured in Sn/Zero are not the only seven classes, just the standard ones) and whatever else I can remember when making a decision on how to implement the summoning ritual.

I have also laid the groundwork for a library system based on Extra that allows you to read books on history and mythology in order to reveal the various culture's Heroic Spirits easier, as well as books on various figures to allow you to learn their weakness in case they are summoned. Certain classes of Servant will lend themselves to this as well, such as Archers, Assassins and Casters being masters on data collection, as well as certain nerds like Shakespeare knowing all there is to know about Heroes that lived before him (read: nearly all these doodz)
One might be forgiven for thinking I finally got a handle on presentations.
You
3B36ED5D0145A8E6BAA3F5BDEDF34EFF0BEE61A0

vs​
The guy she told you not to worry about
yHCJLbU.png
I am genuinely surprised how easily I was able to swing this, honestly. I thought it was going to take much, much longer.

The Status Presentation is working well enough now, it's fully dynamic with servant info. I still need to do some code for the stats and make the buttons in the bottom left actually function, but it's pretty neat to see so far.

I spent all day yesterday try to mimic a scene from Heaven's Feel where Lancer returns Gae Bolg into his hand after throwing it, and while it's sort of working, there are still a few kinks I need to work out. Really, the way I was intending to implement it, this is more than functional enough. IT ****ING WORKS LIKE A CHARM

The way the throw and return code works right now means nearby enemies and allies will equip Gae Bolg, and it's a 200 damage item so every so often when an enemy gets a hold of one, it usually means a dead servant, but as is canon, Artoria is a lucky, lucky servant.
D38929C6277A08BCDB4099D73115F0BEAFE34C9C

(Hint: It's stabbed through her arm.)​

Last edited:
I haven't even played this yet, but I felt the need to create an account here just to say that this is already my favorite thing ever!

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say! I'm glad to see someone as excited for this project as I am.

I'm currently working on the magic system, the start of which can be seen in this video:
I'm actually using the combat magic cast system to test thrown Gae Bolg's return feature, so this isn't an actual spell, but it shows off the way magic is working at the moment. It also shows how certain weapons will return to their master.

I'm setting up a system where you can learn spells and switch between them on the fly using a menu and cast with the middle-mouse button.

Right now this is similarly to how noble phantasms will be called, you'll hit N, which will drop down a list of your Servants in the scene and allow you to choose which of their NPs to have them cast.

Just wanted to show where the Servant Status page is right now. I still have a ton of work, but it's looking way more like the VN than it was and now it does things.

Last edited:
I had a really quick question. In the lore, by my understanding, Berserker and Assassin are the two classes that a master can choose to summon with 100% success unless that class is already summoned by another master. Will the summoning mechanic here have a similar option to guarantee one of those two classes?

ShadowOrder said:
I had a really quick question. In the lore, by my understanding, Berserker and Assassin are the two classes that a master can choose to summon with 100% success unless that class is already summoned by another master. Will the summoning mechanic here have a similar option to guarantee one of those two classes?
Excellent question!

Yes! But it'll take knowledge of the ritual and specifically the way to modify it to get more desirable, or like you said in your example, guaranteed results.

So, right now, during Character creation you choose your family magi history, your education, your school-aged hobby, and your current profession all of which give you knowledge towards a host of different things. Lore, History, Magecraft, Rituals, Tactics, etc.

There are also books in the Fuyuki Central Library that you can read, and things you can obtain from the Clock Tower that will increase your knowledge in those categories.

Fate Apocrypha gives us a good glimpse into the verbage of the summoning ritual itself, as well as a good example of the differences between say a Saber (your sword creates my destiny) and other classes.

Taking that into account I'm thinking of allowing you to select the verses or summoning circle design from ones that you can learn on your own through gameplay to help increase your odds for a specific class, or even a specific servant.

Of course we see people summon without any of that so there'll be ways to sort of fall into Masterhood like Shirou or Ryuunoske did using existing summoning circles or just force of will, true Shonen style.

Thank you for your prompt response! I was under the impression that only your background would affect the chances of obtaining each Servant. The idea of having the option to delve into a library and do research to skew things in the direction you want is really exciting both from a gameplay and roleplay perspective. I look forward to seeing more!

Hello, its me again! Please let me know if any of my posts overstep at all. I am just really excited for this project. I had a few questions/suggestions about skills.

First, I have not really looked at the way Mount and Blade handles scripting, so I'm not sure whether or not Unlimited Bladeworks for Archer Emiya and Ionioi Hetairoi for Rider Iskandar are feasible as in-battle skills. Would it be easier to implement them as world map skills? Blood Fort Andromeda for Rider Medusa is another skill that I have a hard time imagining an in-battle implementation of.

In a similar vein, the Duel Field skill of Rider Achilles could probably be implemented similar to the way that the 108 Heroes mod allows for 1v1 duels.

Speaking of Achilles, how will the invulnerability that he and Saber Siegfried have be treated? I do not believe Mount and Blade allows for as precise damage control on the body to have the Achilles' heel and the spot on Siegfried's back be the only damageable locations. Achilles' Duel field neutralizes his invulnerability, but that cannot be the only way to defeat him, right? Will it be implemented as just a large amount of natural armor?

Caster Medea's Rule Breaker probably should not be as powerful as it is in the lore, as it would be too easily abusable by a player and really frustrating to have done to you by the AI. Maybe have it so that Rule Breaker removes a command spell rather than severs the contract with the Servant?

Only two more I promise. Lancer Diarmuid's smaller spear, Gae Buidhe, inflicts wounds that cannot heal. Is it possible in Mount and Blade scripting to implement it as a reduction of Max HP or Strength that will go away if Diarmuid is defeated?

Finally, the last skill I had a question/comment on is the Independent Action passive for the Archer class. This could maybe be implemented so that Archer classes are the only Servants who can leave the Master's party(other than maybe Assassins)?

Most of these come down to an ignorance of exactly how Mount and Blade's code works, which I might research myself over the next few days in order to maybe have more informed input/suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to read this long-ish post, and I hope you found at least something in here useful to think about!

ShadowOrder said:
Hello, its me again! Please let me know if any of my posts overstep at all. I am just really excited for this project. I had a few questions/suggestions about skills.

Nah man, 100%, I love bouncing ideas off of people so this is 100% good by me.
ShadowOrder said:
First, I have not really looked at the way Mount and Blade handles scripting, so I'm not sure whether or not Unlimited Bladeworks for Archer Emiya and Ionioi Hetairoi for Rider Iskandar are feasible as in-battle skills. Would it be easier to implement them as world map skills? Blood Fort Andromeda for Rider Medusa is another skill that I have a hard time imagining an in-battle implementation of.

So, I had an implementation of Ionioi Hetairoi that added hundreds of allied agents to the field to charge into battle and, expectedly, this crashed the game so hard it would crash on load dozens of time.

I think the way I'll have to do it will be a pre-battle dialog option that spawns an allied party of the Ionioi Hetairoi next to the player party to allow them to join into the battle as reinforcements.

So right now my idea for all Reality Marbles to teleport all agents within a certain range inside of a scene prop that's made to look like a smaller battlefield with a sky dome and pause agent AI for anyone not inside the Marble.

UBW will give you unlimited Mana so you can all upon Archer's skills or your own spells as much as you want so long as you're still inside the marble. After a period of time it'll teleport you back to the battlefield. (I also plan to make variations depending on which EMIYA calls it)

ShadowOrder said:
In a similar vein, the Duel Field skill of Rider Achilles could probably be implemented similar to the way that the 108 Heroes mod allows for 1v1 duels.

I installed 108 and didn't play it so I deleted it, but now I have to try it! That sounds great.

My idea was similar to UBW and have Achilles, their Master, the target and their Master (if applicable) teleport to a smaller scene where they duel before being teleported back to the place they started after one dies.

ShadowOrder said:
Speaking of Achilles, how will the invulnerability that he and Saber Siegfried have be treated? I do not believe Mount and Blade allows for as precise damage control on the body to have the Achilles' heel and the spot on Siegfried's back be the only damageable locations. Achilles' Duel field neutralizes his invulnerability, but that cannot be the only way to defeat him, right? Will it be implemented as just a large amount of natural armor?

Invincibility is cheap and will not be fun to play against, so Invincibility will be treated as a damage threshold.

Essentially if hit with an attack that deals under, say, 35 damage, they will tank through it with zero repercussions, however if it exceeds this threshold, they will take 100% damage.

You can also bypass this limit entirely, and score extra damage by attacking with their weakness.

So it's mentioned that Servants with Divinity can harm Achilles, and thankfully we have a ton. So that'll help. Outside of that there will be a Church Sacrament that Masters can cast that will imbue Divinity into a weapon.

Siegfried is weak to Dragon-attributes so that will make him take extra damage from Artoria, Lancelot, St. George, Medea's Dragon-Tooth Familiars and anyone who studied at Ryuudou Temple. (Of course, he will also deal extra damage to Artoria and the Dragon-Tooth bois.) I have a Rune Magecraft cast that imbues Dragon, and some Mystic Codes that will help this.

Also, Achilles refuses to harm women so that'll be represented by lowered damage to ladies while taking bonus damage.

ShadowOrder said:
Caster Medea's Rule Breaker probably should not be as powerful as it is in the lore, as it would be too easily abusable by a player and really frustrating to have done to you by the AI. Maybe have it so that Rule Breaker removes a command spell rather than severs the contract with the Servant?

This is a good solution! My current plan was to have it as an active skill that must be invoked and that when it hit it would change the agent's team for a period of time and then after that revert them back to their original team

ShadowOrder said:
Only two more I promise. Lancer Diarmuid's smaller spear, Gae Buidhe, inflicts wounds that cannot heal. Is it possible in Mount and Blade scripting to implement it as a reduction of Max HP or Strength that will go away if Diarmuid is defeated?

I have made a Curse Damage slot that will tick up when hit with Gae Buidhe, Gae Bolg and similar weapons that will permanently lower the HP of the person attacked (while the weapon's true name is envoked for balance reasons) until the Servant that inflicted it is defeated.

I did also want to test a locational damage system that will lower a servants speed/strength depending on where they are hit but that'll be much later down the line.

Typing that made me realize I might need a few more slots, as a way to determine who inflicted the wounds.

ShadowOrder said:
Finally, the last skill I had a question/comment on is the Independent Action passive for the Archer class. This could maybe be implemented so that Archer classes are the only Servants who can leave the Master's party(other than maybe Assassins)?

This is 100% my idea for the implementation. Sort of an Independent Action dialog tree that will allow you to send Archers/Assassins out to collect info and observe other Servants. Sort of the way Kayneth used Lancer in SN. Basically they go search around an area or something and if they spot a Servant/Master/Something of Interest they'll come back and tell you, hopefully giving you information you'll find useful.

Some features I don't think I've talked about before
edit: I read my previous posts and took out Magecraft and NP activation since I already went into detail about those
Battle Continuation respawns an agent upon death (no delay right now, but I wanna give them some time for dramatic effect), taking a "life" from their stock. Everyone has a maximum of one with the obvious exception of Heracles who can do this NINE times as a way to implement Nine Lives. The life count slowly ticks back up to their max, adding one stock every three days.

I also have Disengage that will heal your party, refill your mana and instantly retreat so you can restart the battle. That'll be on a three day cooldown.

I'm doing another art pass right now, focusing on F/SN Servants. I'm about to texture and rig EMIYA's suit, making this my first ever armor. It's. . . functional. For now.

Soon I'm going to go through and finish all the weapons of the Heroic Spirits so that you don't have situations like Fran with her actual weapon running up to murder to someone like Shakespeare who I'm pretty sure has a Native pitchfork.

On my day off I finished modeling and rigging EMIYA's armor, now I'm on Texturing, and I updated and animated his bow to fit a bit more in with the way M&B handles such things. I probably should update that weird shield thing in the front to have a gap behaving as if it was a modern style arrow rest so that arrows don't clip through it, but I'm debating how far to stray from source material right now.

I have also worked with Gae Bolg's return script so it returns much faster now, but I still need to figure out how to do the math to take into account the height different of user and Target. With the previous, slower angle the math was simple and I actually achieved it on accident with the formula just being distance+displacement so I'm gambling it's actually distance+(cos2theta*displacement) I haven't tried yet though.

4/16
Just wanted to show some progress on Fuyuki scene props. Right now I'm working on the Emiya Residence starting with the gatehouse.
tumblr_pq36saqBvD1y9006vo1_1280.png
tumblr_pq36saqBvD1y9006vo2_1280.png

Well,i find this proyect pretty interesting,since you look very experienced whit scripting i have hopes to see this mod actually finished
a limitation who always have the animeish mods for Mount and Blade,are the totally not animeish characters,specially the female ones, most MB anime mods are from the chinese community so they are pretty closed about they secrets and OSPs, but i found this a bit ago and looks very usefull,Touhou mod youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1pWMIqEdw . Apparently they managed to include customizable anime characters in the game ,so maybe you could ask some things or even ask for the meshes? idk, still , porting models from MMD models (models from Fate are prently and most autors gave free autorization to almost everything) could solve some techinical limitations too,idk if you want to maintain the MB aesthetic on characters,so i only give this as a recommendation,good luck whit this proyect dude,i expect to see more and play it as well

HazeTheMachine said:
Well,i find this proyect pretty interesting,since you look very experienced whit scripting i have hopes to see this mod actually finished
a limitation who always have the animeish mods for Mount and Blade,are the totally not animeish characters,specially the female ones, most MB anime mods are from the chinese community so they are pretty closed about they secrets and OSPs, but i found this a bit ago and looks very usefull,Touhou mod youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1pWMIqEdw . Apparently they managed to include customizable anime characters in the game ,so maybe you could ask some things or even ask for the meshes? idk, still , porting models from MMD models (models from Fate are prently and most autors gave free autorization to almost everything) could solve some techinical limitations too,idk if you want to maintain the MB aesthetic on characters,so i only give this as a recommendation,good luck whit this proyect dude,i expect to see more and play it as well

Sweet mother why I didn't know this existed. Thanks a lot for mentioning it here.

HazeTheMachine said:

Thanks for the encouragement!

It's funny that you brought up this in particular. I'm actually working on a new, more anime, base mesh for female bodies. Turns out, however, the Warband skeleton is pretty. . . broad shouldered, so I've got quite a bit of tweaking to do to make it look right. I wanted to lay down a new basemodel before I started making armors for the female servants that way it's more or less standardized.

I'm also doing more models for the Fuyuki scenes. I'm about done with the modular pieces I'll use for the Emiya Household and the the older part of Miyama Town and have started on the Homurahara Academy buildings.

I'm still torn on a few implementation ideas for them, but so far it's coming together pretty well. I'll probably make some placeholder scenes using Native assets for a beta.

4/30
I'm going through and implementing basic versions of the spells the player can use throughout their adventure, going category by category and making sure they work before limiting the player to the four equipped spells discussed earlier. Right now, this is the full list of planned spells.

Projection Magecraft: Sword
Projection Magecraft: Spear
Projection Magecraft: Bow and Arrows
Projection Magecraft: Shield

Reinforcement Magecraft: Weapon - Enhances Damage for currently equipped weapon
Reinforcement Magecraft: Legs - Increases movement speed and enhances kick with knockback
Reinforcement Magecraft: Skin - Increases armor
Reinforcement Magecraft: Eyes - Increases Zoom level

(Time Alter Magecraft requires cheats be on)
Time Alter Magecraft: Double Accel - Slows time to a third while keeping player movement speed the same (not attacking speed, currently)
Time Alter Magecraft: Triple Accel - Same as above but slows time to a third
Time Alter Magecraft: Square Accel - Same as above but quarters the flow of time
Time Alter Magecraft: Stagnate - slows local time, allowing the player to seem dead while limiting damage done by bleeding or poisons

Familiar Magecraft: Dragon Tooth Warrior (Melee)
Familiar Magecraft: Dragon Tooth Warrior (Ranged)
Golem Creation: Stone Golem
Familiar Magecraft: Wire Horse - Why a wire horse? Because a Wire Bird seemed lame and Illya deserves a horse.
Familiar Magecraft: Demonic Bees
Familiar Magecraft: Puppet

Healing Magecraft: Minor - Heals target for a small amount
Healing Magecraft: Major - Heals target for a large amount
Healing Magecraft: Self Heal - Heals . . . Self

(The only magecraft available to Church characters)
Church Sacrament: Purify - short ranged attack that damages nonhumans
Church Sacrament: Total Baptism - sames above with greatly increased damage
Church Sacrament: Cure - removes curse/permanent damage
Church Sacrament: Wound - inflicts permanent damage to target
Church Sacrament: Bless Weapon - Makes current weapon deal Divine Damage

(Only available to certain disciplines)
Rune Magic: Ansuz - Short Ranged fire spell
Rune Magic: Ath nGabla - Forced One-on-One Duel to the death with Target
Rune Magic: Berkana - Give location of Target
Rune Magic: Ehwaz - Enhances unarmed damage
Rune Magic: Gandr - Pew pew pew
Rune Magic: Kenaz - Same as Reinforcement: Eyes
Rune Magic: Ansuz-Eihwaz - Same as Reinforcement: Legs
Rune Magic: Heal - Same as Healing: Minor
Rune Magic: Dragon Spirit - Infuse weapon with Dragon Damage attribute

Necromancy: Heart-Bomb - Uses consumable inventory item to create a deadly bomb
Necromancy: Animate Corpse

Flame Magecraft: Sea of Flames - Large swath of fire damage in front of user
Flame Magecraft: Spontaneous Combustion - Single Target fire spell

Earth Magecraft: Petrification - Freeze opponent in place
Earth Magecraft: Stoneskin - Same as Reinforcement: Skin

Wind Magecraft: Aero Strike - Similar to Excalibur's Effect except much less damage and with pushback

Spatial Magecraft: Transportation - Teleport to Target

Also, a demo video of a working projection magic prototype. It also features a mostly untextured Archer's Mystic Code which is neat, its clipping issues are numerous and a prototype magic selection window.

Last edited:
Great spell ideas. Kinda sucks operations mission_set_time_speed and mission_time_speed_move_to_value only work with cheat mode enabled tho :???:

Japanese High School Life! Who hasn't wanted to attend
Archery Club and awkwardly try to conversate with your crush
all while hiding the fact a powerful, murderous Heroic Spirit
is actually syphoning off all of your mana to prevent the literal
will of the Earth from erasing it from existence.

Sounds awesome!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm a huge fan of unconventional ideas and mods.

I’ve been on this forum since I was 17. Now I'm 27!

I've been on this forum since I was 10  :lol:

CutContent said:
Sounds awesome!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm a huge fan of unconventional ideas and mods.
Lol, thank you. I'm actually a huge fan of what you had done with TEE, you're very much an auteur. You have a very clear voice in your work and it's frankly pretty rad.

So a bit of a small update.

Did a lot more work on the magecraft system, just basic functionality with no concept of balance or really anything right now. It still has a ways to go, but there bones are there at least.

Seeing as food is so important to Fate that we have an entire spin-off devoted to our best house-waifu Shirou, I've decided to add a cooking system and restaurants that'll serve some fan favorites such as Mapo Tofu and the like. It's not going to be a deep system or anything, just a cute little way to enhance the bond between Servant and Master. Think a dumb-downed FFXV or Yakuza 0 only with fewer benefits and uglier plates.

I still need to work on NPs and Servant Skills, and their combat AI so it's not just "whoever gets the first hit, wins"
(Like right now, Berserkers DOMINATE field battles because they're told to never, ever block and so they just mow crowds down.)

I also mentioned this in the Modding Discord, but for the first release I've chosen to focus on the Calradia Grail War. The story will be that the Six A.I. Masters chosen will be the Monarchs of the Six Kingdoms. It's still a ways off though, so this is also subject to change. It's mostly a placeholder just so I can put out something playable in the meantime without having to make a million scene props since the primary focus, a Fuyuki Grail War, has so little in common with the props already included in the game I'm basically having to do it all from scratch.

6/14

Tweaked the projection spell system. I think my idea will be to allow the player to project any weapon so long as they've used a trace spell on it, and they're of the right skill level to do so. Of course you'll need to prep the spell before battle, I don't want the player to have to rifle through menus during a melee.

I did a few other tweaks this week, all pretty minor stuff.

I've added a pretty extensive item slot system that tracks any elemental bonus, additional piercing damage, rank, description, Mystic Codes, and for armor, bonuses to Mana, Damage, Attack and Defense. All pretty neat stuff. I have a few currently in use, but soon I'll have it cross over with more systems. Currently I think the only effect is holy/divine weapons doing bonus damage to spirits, vampires and ghouls.

Oh. And I suppose there are also now Vampires and Ghouls. Not sure how they fit in actually. They're in the code though.

7/17

Finally got around to establishing a true summoning script.

The way I have it currently implemented, the script checks to see if your chosen catalyst has a servant tied to it, if it does, and their class isn't summoned, they get chosen. If not, it assigns you an unsummoned class. Once you get a class it checks your compatibility for all the servants within it, and raises and lowers the odds based on that.

But the neat thing is that this exact script is used by the A.I. Masters making for what is, hopefully, a fair and balanced experience.

I haven't finished the summoning presentation, with it currently being a big button that just says Summon. I'll try to make it a fun and rewarding part of the game. I don't want people just save-scumming just because they didn't get their waifu. I read through a few summonings in the light novels to get a few ideas on how to make the summoning more personal for the player.

Lol, I honestly didn't believe you when you said it was a year so I checked the date. That is wild!

Progress has obviously slowed a ton, with life circumstances limiting the time I can really lose myself and work at the mod. I have continued to work on it, but the pace has gone way down.I am currently going through and making the Servant skills, and I have some interesting ideas about how to implement their spirit forms.

Of course, Bannerlord has borrowed a lot of my attention, but I will still continue to work on this mod. Thank you for your interest, knowing people want to see it completed really helps keep modders focused and knowing there is at least a small group of people waiting is very motivating.

Back
Top Bottom