SP Antiquity [WB] "Fall Of Rome" (team needed!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice stuff, that's great news!!

Right then, more pics need to be taken to see what Native items can be carried over, and once that's done I'll take a look at the OSP equipment. After that, it'll be down to making custom equipment - it seems that the Romans are the most in need of new material, since their helmets, shields and such are very different to what's available in WB.

There are a few, the only problem is that they're generally set around the first century AD, if not earlier, which means that the gear for the soldiers is pretty dated. I'll have a look around though, and see what I can find. Thanks for the idea....trying out uniforms is getting bloody tedious, and it's looking like there's a lot that needs to be modelled specifically for this mod, especially since most of the armour and weapons in this game looks much too advanced for the time period I'm shooting for.

I don't think the Native items will help you much,in my opinion.Romans are very distinctive,or shall i simply say "Roman"?,anything less than true,made-for-that-reason Roman items may just make your troops look pretty wretched compared to some of the other Rome mods.You have chosen a hard path,with a lot of strong competitors,and i mean no offence,but unless you want to be a ten-download-laughingstock,you will have to whip up something really good at some point.
If i had more skill,i would be truly honored to help you,but i'm afraid the best i can get you right now is the hope of the release of my anim mod,and don't hold your breath waiting for that.

sir_arvondor said:
I don't think the Native items will help you much,in my opinion.Romans are very distinctive,or shall i simply say "Roman"?,anything less than true,made-for-that-reason Roman items may just make your troops look pretty wretched compared to some of the other Rome mods.You have chosen a hard path,with a lot of strong competitors,and i mean no offence,but unless you want to be a ten-download-laughingstock,you will have to whip up something really good at some point.
If i had more skill,i would be truly honored to help you,but i'm afraid the best i can get you right now is the hope of the release of my anim mod,and don't hold your breath waiting for that.

Very true. That said, my main hope is that the chain mail/cloth armour can be used on quite a lot of units, particularly the Germanic/Hunnic/Pictish units, and the scale/lamellar can be used on the Sassanids/Huns. It works in some cases, although I'm not all that happy with quite a few armour combos I've taken pics of, and likely won't use many. The thing I have to keep reminding myself is that, when seeing what native stuff is usable, is that I'm going into this with NO real expectations, so I shouldn't spend ages and ages trying to find something, or settle for less, when it comes to getting armour for units. Ie the Haubergeon - a great chain mail shirt, but obviously intended to be worn with metal boots, since the armour includes metal knee caps....can't really use that.

Armour and weapons will most certainly be a long-running work in progress.

For shields of the late roman army the Notitia Dignitatum might be useful. Here's a sample picture. LINK:http://s13.postimage.org/cpxe464vb/notitiadignitatum001.jpg (highlight it, right click, and view it in a new tab.)

Also never forget the cataphracts, clibarnii, and horse archers for the romans.  :grin:

Also you might be able to use some of those mail armor used by the searaiders as a place holders. You can
also check out these OSP's

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214781.0.html (Roman Buildings)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214781.0.html (The mail coifs/turban mail/scarcen "helmet")

THIS OSP BELOW IS FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN EARLY ROME

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,143862.0.html

A Spangenhelm I made as an OSP a year or 2 ago.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,201062.msg4837070.html#msg4837070
spangenhelm2.jpg

Work on this stopped for a while, slowly picking it up again, but I'm gonna be busy with other stuff in the coming weeks and months. German, Roman, Hun and soon the Sassanid factions will have gathered possible uniforms from Native, then it's onto the Picts. Once they're done, I'll look at how OSP stuff measures up, and finally work on creating stuff myself.

That should be fun.

Sorry to disappoint anyone that was hoping on this being released, but I'm calling it off.

I'm one guy, and even worse than that, I'm a guy with absolutely no experience and absolutely no computer knowledge. The amount of scripting and coding I'd have to be doing (or learning, and then doing) on top of all the modelling and the rest of it.....I just can't do it. I really wish I could, since a barbarian invasion era mod for Warband would be great, but I just can't do it.

It would just take up too much of my time, and I'm not so committed to this that I'd be distracted from uni or my social life to work on this. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom