SP Antiquity [WB] "Fall Of Rome" (team needed!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right then. Pics have all been taken. Quite a lot of em, too, so I'll try and look into finding a way to get them somewhere where they can be organised into different folders...or just upload them post by post for soldiers, in spoilers, if it comes to it.

Does anybody know how to make people run overall slower in m&b warband without changing the stats? (athletics etc etc)

Thanks again in advance!  :grin:

BroskiDerpman said:
Does anybody know how to make people run overall slower in m&b warband without changing the stats? (athletics etc etc)

Thanks again in advance!  :grin:

This is a pretty nooby team, buddy - think you're asking in the wrong place for info like that  :lol:

Jaume said:
Looks good, I can help you in music, art, banners and change letter font

:grin:

Thanks mate, appreciate the support! Adding in new music as well as loading screens, banners, and probably a new font as well, is something I definitely plan to do down the line. If you've got any ideas already, you're more than welcome to share them!

EDIT: By the way, I'm currently uploading pictures of BOTH Roman factions onto my google documents page - if it works right, you should be able to view them from there and get an idea of what we want the soldiers to look like. Note that they don't have to be completely identical, as in the exact same shoes/shield designs/hair styles/etc, but obviously we don't want them looking like men from another planet when we finish them.

I've also started testing out uniforms that we could put together for certain soldiers based just on what the game has in it. I managed to find nearly half a dozen variations for the lowest Hunnic recruit, as well as a few variations for the next level of Hun warriors. It's pretty damn time consuming and boring, but it will save us time further down the line when it comes to needing to create a variety of armour for them. The only problem I can think of is that I have absolutely no idea what kind of armour value certain troops should have, and so I may very well be arming peasants with high end boots if it fits the rest of their outfit, and giving high-tier warriors crappy hats to suit their armour. I'll ask about weapon values in the Forge, but worst comes to worst we can just tweak the values of certain items to fit their soldiers.

2ND EDIT: Just had a look through the OSP section of the Forge seriously for once...there's A LOT of awesome stuff there.

- Fredelios' Bunch of Armours: honestly, this guy's work could give at least one piece of armour to at least one troop in every faction's roster.

- Dia151's Mongol stuff: whilst out of our time-frame, the armour alone looks like it could likely be worn by one of the high tier Hun/Sassanid units

- Dia151's Assyrian Armour: again, whilst officially not within our time-frame, this looks like it could very well serve to be worn by low-end Sassanid units

- Sonyer's weapons/armour/shields/horses pack: along with some great looking kit for Western factions, the Middle-Eastern styled weapons, shields and armour will be a great addition for the Sassanids.

- SacredStoneHead's Huscarl Armour: If I remember rightly, this armour is exactly what one of the Pictish units I plan to include uses, so it's a natural choice, as well as being amazing in its own right!

So there you have it; a whole lot of kit that we can include for free in our mod, along with certain native items, that have already equipped most units. Hudson, if you were worried about the amount of work modelling for this mod would require, you can rest easy, mate - we've definitely got it lucky!

UPDATE ON THE PICS: It looks like the Roman pics have been uploaded; unfortunately, though, the folders are all over the place, so there's no continuity from soldier to soldier as there is in my folders. The numbers are still at the front of the folders, though, so you'll at least get a rough idea of the progression of soldiers within different classes. Check out the Roman troops we'll be basing our models off of here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bw1_ljXYKTmuUU9FLXJYSGVfWlk

It should work, let me know if it doesn't. I'll refine the troop trees and add them there to give an idea of the potential upgrades that they can get, as well as what they'll be equipped with.

Impressive work Aenima! You have been busy since we talked last,i noted that you are a "veteran" now,when a month ago you where a recruit. :lol:
If i can get permission to use the Kengeki Gaiden 2.0 animations,and if Maxhardman will get the hell back to me on my request to partner with him to finish the Animation Compilation 2.0,i might have one of the biggest anim mods out there for you to use. :grin:

sir_arvondor said:
Impressive work Aenima! You have been busy since we talked last,i noted that you are a "veteran" now,when a month ago you where a recruit. :lol:

In name only. I'm trying to find as much armour, weapons and the like that I can steal before I begin the confidence-crushing task of creating things myself.

sir_arvondor said:
If i can get permission to use the Kengeki Gaiden 2.0 animations,and if Maxhardman will get the hell back to me on my request to partner with him to finish the Animation Compilation 2.0,i might have one of the biggest anim mods out there for you to use. :grin:

While I have no idea of the specifics of what you just mentioned, they sound pretty cool, and I've seen some pretty damn modded animations on the forge, so....excellent.

Hello
I can not make models or shields, etc. ..

If you give me the mod, uploaded to Mediafire if possible, and I'll pass Roman music, and will edit the main, the background, etc. .. and put the font with the MBFC. (tell me you want to point source)

Jaume said:
Hello

Yeah, yeah, course no worries. Never expected you to.

Jaume said:
If you give me the mod, uploaded to Mediafire if possible, and I'll pass Roman music, and will edit the main, the background, etc. .. and put the font with the MBFC. (tell me you want to point source)

I haven't really done much at all to the actual mod folder itself, so you could always just get cracking with your own stuff, and in time I could take a look at it. What ideas do you have for the music?

Aenima said:
sir_arvondor said:
While I have no idea of the specifics of what you just mentioned, they sound pretty cool, and I've seen some pretty damn modded animations on the forge, so....excellent.
there are many anim mods/mods with different anims floating around separately,but my hope is to combine as many different anim sets from the different mods as i can,and create an epic OSP compilation with many,if not all,of the modded anims floating around,together in one pack.

sir_arvondor said:
there are many anim mods/mods with different anims floating around separately,but my hope is to combine as many different anim sets from the different mods as i can,and create an epic OSP compilation with many,if not all,of the modded anims floating around,together in one pack.

Ah, interesting. So like a giant mega-mod pack, in a way?

UlfrTheMighty said:
some of the northern part of the eastern empire should be Dacian Tribes.

As I said in the OP, I'm keeping the factions at 6 for the beta release just to keep things easy in terms of factions, soldiers, lords, cities etc...doing an overhaul like this is quite a big deal that requires a lot more to be changed than just what soldiers are called and what equipment they're given, so I'll be leaving a larger faction-list for a later release.

Also, by this point the Huns had subjugated the land there, so I'm pretty sure my map is accurate in that regard.

Aenima said:
Jaume said:
Hello

Yeah, yeah, course no worries. Never expected you to.

Jaume said:

I haven't really done much at all to the actual mod folder itself, so you could always just get cracking with your own stuff, and in time I could take a look at it. What ideas do you have for the music?

Mmmm, I have the BSO of the serie Rome, called the Forum; search in Youtube, and Parade of Chariotters of the BSO of Ben Hur, and many songs of films and other games

New update coming along - I've been quite a busy bee; I created some folders for each faction, with folders within each folder for each soldier (ie "Faction folder--->German folder---->Barbarian Peasant folder") I then opened up the pics I'd taken from Beyond Roman Glory to have a good look at each soldier as I went through them; with Warband windowed, and fraps running, I visited all the cities and bought gear that looked like it could be worn by the soldiers of the game. I then went into battles and took screen shots of me wearing different pieces of kit that each soldiers could use. I've done this for the Huns and the Germans, with the Germans also having a weapon list with them too.

It's not meant to be exhaustive, but the fact that there are pictures of what certain soldiers look like in certain gear (with said gear written down in the photo description) will allow me to know what stuff I can include from Native, as well as what stuff I don't need to make myself...and all of this is without even including the OSP gear as well. German and Huns are uploading now.

Fantastic!

When it appropriate or when you want, send me the mod and I will do the job you have said. For the font Times New Roman thought

Aenima said:
sir_arvondor said:
Ah, interesting. So like a giant mega-mod pack, in a way?
Yes,but only for animations,and OSP

I wish you the very best luck on your moding, I hope to play your mod in the future  :grin:

Jaume said:
Fantastic!

When it appropriate or when you want, send me the mod and I will do the job you have said. For the font Times New Roman thought

Will do - you could always get started on it now, you know. Feel free to go about compiling a bunch of songs for it, and hell, you could even copy your native folder and test it on that, seeing how well the game plays music, ie battle music and then switching to campaign map music.

I only say this because the mod won't be anywhere near finalised for a long, long time, so if you're keen to get started, you can always do it now and send over your sound files for me to add to the game itself. No need to wait for me if you're eager to get to work!

As for the font, we could go for that (do you actually know what font the game uses at the moment?) Another good font is Palatino Linotype - looks posher to me.

sir_arvondor said:

Yeah, yeah, I figured it was for animations, had a feeling mega mod was a bad description of what I meant though haha. You got a development thread for it going on somewhere? Keen to see what it looks like if so!

Hecate said:
I wish you the very best luck on your moding, I hope to play your mod in the future  :grin:

Thanks Hecate. It looks like it's coming along now, so in time we should have a released beta. Ideally I want to arm and name soldiers and lords properly, then create/get someone to create the map and add cities and the like to it. From there I'd need to create ownership rights of towns/villages etc for lords, create trade and so on, and after THAT I'd like to release it. It wouldn't have new scenes or anything, but it would still be (hopefully) playable and immersive, and getting a quick release done would mean that it would avoid this mod suffering Hegemony's fate  :sad:

EDIT:  As promised, here are the Hun/German soldiers armed with Native equipment. I realise that the stats may be "off" for the units that they're put on, and some units might not look quite right, but I tried to go for choices that made the equipment aesthetically appropriate for the soldier using it. A good thing about setting a mod in this time period is that armour wasn't as advanced as by the Middle Ages, so stuff like leather/cloth armour was much more prevalent, which in turn means a lot of stuff from Native can be reused.

The Huns
The Germans

EDIT EDIT: I realise that these pictures are far from perfect, and in several cases equipment has been reused - this is likely due to me trying to get as many pics, or at least a few, done for each unit, even though I realise that I don't/probably won't use Native gear for every soldier in the game. That said, I feel that they turned out pretty well by and large, and has given me the idea that, if I DO manage to arm and equip every soldier at least adequately with Native/OSP gear, I'd gladly leave out designing weapons and the like myself until a beta were released. In other words, if the game were to be playable, fun and immersive without creating new weapons, I'd be happy to make the beta playable using whatever relevant native equipment can be used, which would save heaps of time on holding up a beta for want of custom gear.

Aenima said:
Jaume said:
Fantastic!

Will do - you could always get started on it now, you know. Feel free to go about compiling a bunch of songs for it, and hell, you could even copy your native folder and test it on that, seeing how well the game plays music, ie battle music and then switching to campaign map music.

I only say this because the mod won't be anywhere near finalised for a long, long time, so if you're keen to get started, you can always do it now and send over your sound files for me to add to the game itself. No need to wait for me if you're eager to get to work!

As for the font, we could go for that (do you actually know what font the game uses at the moment?) Another good font is Palatino Linotype - looks posher to me.

Friend, I think, the best is, when you finish the mod, call me and I put these things  :grin:

Aenima said:
sir_arvondor said:
Yeah, yeah, I figured it was for animations, had a feeling mega mod was a bad description of what I meant though haha. You got a development thread for it going on somewhere? Keen to see what it looks like if so!
I'm afraid not,i'm waiting for permission from Kengeki Gaiden 2.0,Maxhardman(Animation Compilation 2.0),and Ulrich von Liechtenstein(Knights of the Last Battle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom