SP Native [WB] Explorer! - Source Code Released

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Mad Skillz

Baron
WBM&BVC
Best answers
Big news: The new Alpha version is out.
There are some bugs, but it should be quite stable.

There is also now a Discord server you can join: https://discordapp.com/invite/GXRVhcZ

You can also get the mod on Nexusmods as well as Moddb:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6277
https://www.moddb.com/mods/explorer1

Probably best to read about the features on the links. But quickly, here are some of the new features:

- A handy little worldmap, which shows the path you've travelled as well as known locations.
- Party encounters: Multiple parties can meet in the same scene, with perfectly handled team/faction relation. (Can even be more than 2 teams per scene...)
- Join a faction, get parties to follow you - raid villages, besiege castles, fight your enemies!
- NPC permadeath: Named characters are deadly to other named characters.

Some screenshots:

Hope you like it  :wink:

Go_Khla_Yeh

Master Knight
Best answers
Great as concept ... An idea by the way; Place direction signs to go from city to city or scene to scene, clicking on it would be teleported to the new scene ...  :razz:

AlexHBK

Recruit
Best answers
I've had the idea for something like this for a long time.

To be able to freely explore the land of Calradia without the use of maps. To player has tried have personally experienced to identify the own location and could navigate only with the help random travelers, either with the help maps which he can buy.

And also to move freely and find food for long survival. Kill wild animals, which can be shoot from string or buy on market, but this will be chargeable and costly. Sleep under the open sky like a simple adventurer or a free bandit.

It's perfect for single roleplaying.

Druidic

Knight
WBNWVC
Best answers
I was just thinking about something like this a few days ago, and now I find it here! Awesome job, downloading this now.

Mad Skillz

Baron
WBM&BVC
Best answers
Hey y'all.

I have decided to upload the source files for Explorer. You can get them here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/explorer1/downloads/explorersource

I never did get a chance to clean things up as I would have liked, so do beware.

I sincerely hope someone finds some use for these! If anyone has any questions/needs any help, feel free to ask me!

Eärendil the Mariner

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
Ruthven said:
Hey y'all.

I have decided to upload the source files for Explorer. You can get them here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/explorer1/downloads/explorersource

I never did get a chance to clean things up as I would have liked, so do beware.

I sincerely hope someone finds some use for these! If anyone has any questions/needs any help, feel free to ask me!
Thanks for that, every source code available is enriching our community!

Damnas

Recruit
Best answers
Hi there, this is a really great mod :smile: I hadn't even imagined this would be possible using the WB engine...

Problem is I played previous versions of Explorer which worked really great, but this latest version doesn't work for some reason. Actually, everything does work, except all the textures are white except for the characters and the occasional rock or barrel or somesuch.

Maybe I installed it wrong? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Mad Skillz

Baron
WBM&BVC
Best answers
Damnas said:
Hi there, this is a really great mod :smile: I hadn't even imagined this would be possible using the WB engine...

Problem is I played previous versions of Explorer which worked really great, but this latest version doesn't work for some reason. Actually, everything does work, except all the textures are white except for the characters and the occasional rock or barrel or somesuch.

Maybe I installed it wrong? Any ideas on how to fix it?
Are you using a Mac by chance?

I believe you can fix this by disabling depth effects/instancing/hdr. Try playing with those settings and see if it works.

Damnas

Recruit
Best answers
Busted :smile: Yep, I'm on mac.

I've tried the settings you recommended and played around a bit in the options, but no changes unfortunately.

Ah well, thanks anyway.

P.S: Don't know if you can do much about it, but while I was testing the mod I saw whole herds of cattle peacefully walking around underwater in rivers. Gave me a bit of a laugh, but it would be weird if enemy parties start doing it too.

Mad Skillz

Baron
WBM&BVC
Best answers
Hey there, the best way to get into fights is to either join a faction, or simply start attacking faction units. Wars will start between the two closest factions to you, though it is somewhat randomised. Typically if you walk around faction borders they will usually start fighting soon enough, then you can join either faction and take part in their battles/sieges. Talking to Manhunters and asking about bandits will also generate bandit parties if none are nearby, but note that bandit party size is based on your current party size.

To be honest the Alpha does not have a very good balance for encounters... sorry. I would recommend choosing a starting faction to join/recruit from, then raid another faction's villages. You can see smoke rising from locations that are being raided/besieged as well.

Last edited:

Lornloth00

Squire
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Hey there, the best way to get into fights is to either join a faction, or simply start attacking faction units. Wars will start between the two closest factions to you, though it is somewhat randomised. Typically if you walk around faction borders they will usually start fighting soon enough, then you can join either faction and take part in their battles/sieges. Talking to Manhunters and asking about bandits will also generate bandit parties if none are nearby, but note that bandit party size is based on your current party size.

To be honest the Alpha does not have a very good balance for encounters... sorry. I would recommend choosing a starting faction to join/recruit from, then raid another faction's villages. You can see smoke rising from locations that are being raided/besieged as well.
Thanks.