SP Fantasy [WB] Denestria

Users who are viewing this thread

I've got a total conversion mod idea for Warband I call Denestria that I'm starting to put to paper. Below is what I've got so far and I wonder if I've got something good going here. What do you think? Mostly looking for encouragement, because I've got a ways to go before this is complete and I know nothing about modding anyway.

Denestria

Introduction:
Denestria is a land impossibly divided, always has been. Though the continent is known as Denestria, no one considers themselves to be Denestrians. Each belongs to their own culture and some cultures are divided against themselves, war is everywhere.
This conflict however, has bred strong warriors, though armor of quality is rare and expensive. Perhaps one day, one such warrior shall bring all these peoples under one banner.

Vibes:
Corny introduction aside, lets talk about inspiration. A good deal of the inspiration here comes from Medieval Conquests, especially how common soldiers, even at the top tier, were moderately equipped rather than strutting around like advanced plate armor was cheap as dirt like in Perisno. An important aspect of Denestria is that troops, especially common troops and mercenaries, are moderately equipped with top tier troops having an armor distribution average in the 40s, with certain exceptions. Instead, troops in Denestria will have beefed up proficiencies and skills, especially the Aibunnities (more on that later). Another problem with mods like Perisno and even Native is that it merges multiple eras of warfare into one, particularly the shieldwall era of the Vikings and Romans with the heavy lancer cavalry era of medieval knights. The dominant theme of warfare in this age is infantry centered. Even the Kurtic Khanate, Wocsomite Confederation, and Niasrepite Empire, which have strong cavalry, also have a decent infantry and/or archer tree. Meanwhile, most factions have weak cavalry, noble only cavalry, or no cavalry at all. Further nerfing lancers is the option for lances to break during a battle, like they can in Medieval Conquests. To add peril, permadeath is an optional possibility.

Faction name and cultural summary:
Kingdom of the Aibunnites (Sub-Saharan African)
Kurtic Khanate (Turks)
Naisrepite Empire (Pre-Muslim Mesopotamia and Persia)
Kingdom of Emoria (Rome with Pre-Marian troops)
Kingdom of Nodecam (Classic and Alexandrian Greek)
Kingdom of Namron (Very early medieval England)
MacGyver Clan (Scottish)
MacDonald Clan (Also Scottish, more on that later)
Aicadii Confederation (Pre-Roman Celts, Germanians, Dacians, etc.)
Wocsomite Confederation (Russian/Slav/maybe Scythian)
Kingdom of Svalbaria (Norse)

Faction details:

Kingdom of the Aibunnites:
Ruler: King Abutangatactiel

Geography:
The Aibunnites (singular Aibun) dwell in the thick Aibun Jungle east of the Naisrepite Empire. There is a mountain range separating the two factions which catches storms the ocean east of the Aibun Jungle, giving the jungle the extra moisture required while turning much of Naisrepite lands into desert. Another major feature is the black mountain, an active volcano whose soot fertilizes the jungle soil and lava flows provide obsidian used for weapons in lieu of metals, of which the Aibunnites have no native source and is either imported or scavenged from enemies.

Lore:
Even by the standards of Denestria, the Aibunnites are extremely skilled fighters; it comes with the territory. Their home jungle is home to the world’s fiercest animals, including the rare but legendary Tigorilla, an ape body twice the size of a human with a tiger’s head, claws and fur pattern. The jungle is so hostile that instead of bandits, the land is roamed by the Cheetampzees. Smaller than Tigorilla but no less ferocious and much more numerous, Cheetampzees are human sized and have a cheetah’s fur pattern. Beyond their borders, the Naisrepite Empire, which largely rules desert, is fiercely envious of the Aibunnites fertile land and are superior to Aibun in both number and equipment quality, though their cataphract’s horses have a rough time navigating the rough jungle terrain. With a hostile, metallically infertile homeland, and an ambitious neighbor that is superior both technologically and numerically, the Aibunnites, men and women alike, have been required to be to become warriors of the highest quality to survive both the beasts within and the invaders from beyond with nothing but sticks, stones, animal hides, and occasionally foreign iron. Aibun societal standing is ranked by the creatures they kill single handedly. Most only go so far as to kill a cheetampzee. Tigorilla warriors are rare and are considered among the most elite warriors in the world.

Troop tree:
Common:
Tier 1
Aibun Tribesman
Tier 2
Aibun spearman
Aibun spear-thrower
Tier 3
Aibun spearmaster
Aibun axeman
Aibun javelin master
Aibun archer
Tier 4
Aibun Cheetampzee Spearman
Aibun Axemaster
Aibun Cheetampzee Javelinman
Aibun Master Archer
Tier 5
Aibun Cheetampzee Axeman
Aibun Cheetampzee Archer
Noble:
Tier 1
Aibun Noble
Tier 2
Aibun Noble warrior
Aibun Noble hunter
Tier 3
Aibun Cheetampzee Noble Axeman
Aibun Cheetampzee Noble Spearman
Aibun Cheetampzee Noble Archer
Aibun female troops (technically Aibun exclusive female merc tree, cannot be recruited in towns or villages like common or noble troops):
Tier 1
Aibun tribeswoman
Tier 2
Aibun warrior woman
Aibun huntress
Tier 3
Aibun Cheetampzee warrior woman
Aibun Cheetampzee huntress

Other notes:
Aibun farmer parties consist of Aibun tribesmen and tribeswomen instead of regular farmers and peasant women.
Bandit Types:
Steppe Bandits
Highland Bandits (mountain bandits, but in Scottish apparel)
Forest Bandits
Desert Bandits
Svalbarian Raiders
Cheetampzees

Mod unique Quests:
Hunt a tigorilla
Find the master weaponsmith and armorer
Become a legendary gladiator

Yea I think you have a good idea, the forums have tons of helpful info for modding, my advice is to start by making small changes that help you work towards your goal. Goodluck

I can recommend you to start easy with modding otherwise you will get quickly frustrated. Set for yourself little goals like renaming troop units and factions and then slowly move forward, you will get a feeling how it works like.

This is the guide with which I started modding, I can recommend it:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

The Forge is the place which will be like your second home then:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html
You will find there documentations and tutorials, OSP ressources (assets which you can use under specific conditions), Open Source Codes and the Q&A thread in which you should ask your questions (in the hope that you won't start a new thread everytime for them^^):
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

Have fun at modding!

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
I can recommend you to start easy with modding otherwise you will get quickly frustrated. Set for yourself little goals like renaming troop units and factions and then slowly move forward, you will get a feeling how it works like.

This is the guide with which I started modding, I can recommend it:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

The Forge is the place which will be like your second home then:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html
You will find there documentations and tutorials, OSP ressources (assets which you can use under specific conditions), Open Source Codes and the Q&A thread in which you should ask your questions (in the hope that you won't start a new thread everytime for them^^):
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

Have fun at modding!

I have Morgh's editor and have the hang of it. I'm more concerned about map building, settlement placing, and, especially, model building for buildings and equipment. What software or tools do you recommend for models?

Make sure you use the module system. You can use Morgh's to edit python files as well, but if you want your changes to stay when you start doing more complex things you will need to be editing the .py files.

This is a guide for how to use the module system: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

cwr said:
Make sure you use the module system. You can use Morgh's to edit python files as well, but if you want your changes to stay when you start doing more complex things you will need to be editing the .py files.

This is a guide for how to use the module system: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html
You linked the same guide as I did above :wink:

Yaver said:
I have Morgh's editor and have the hang of it. I'm more concerned about map building, settlement placing, and, especially, model building for buildings and equipment. What software or tools do you recommend for models?
For models it would be recommended to use Blender, there are a bunch of tutorials online for it in youtube. Get a hang first for what suits you the best, coding or modelling, and stay at that for a while. Don't look at too many things at the same time, work step by step.

Back
Top Bottom