SP Medieval [WB] Deeds of Arms and Chivalry

Users who are viewing this thread

-In the global map i have big stuttering when i travel fast, i guess it's because of the size of the map and the number of parties?
- Regarding to troop trees, I think a global tree per faction would be better. It makes you click a bit less and gives you a quick look of all the units available.
- Regarding to troop customization: is it "only" an aesthetic feature to see what can an unit look like, or can you actually change the gears they wear in battle? Maybe i'm doing it wrong but it doesn't seem to save the changes i do.
-Really a minor thing, but it would be great if we could have 2 options to enter a town, like in TLD, to choose if you want to be at foot or if you want to use a horse.
1 - There are a lot of parties be it towns, castles, villages, bandits, lords, etc... That's a lot to compute and it can cause slowdowns, it can vary from computer to computer but at least for me it hasn't been much of an issue as to address it yet but in the future we'll look into optimizing the triggers for the map to run smoother.
2 - Since the trees are not linked it was to better represent the origin of each troop tree, we might make some changes after overhauling the troop trees but not before that. I still think they will be in separated menus but perhaps with clearer information on where they can be recruited.
3 - This is just to view the equipment of the faction troops, since they are used by the factions they won't be customizable. Custom troops are one of main features of the next update, you can catch a glimpse of it in this post: Custom Troops
4 - Not a bad idea.

We are also working on more historical plate harness models, until the day we found a modeller...

unknown.png

Reorgnization i'm working on will allow us to make beautiful towns and castles ! Here an exemple in spoiler. I'm a little bit slowed down cause it seems i have covid-19 since more than a month... (we are not tested much in France) so sometimes i'm working on scenes and i just fall asleep ! I hope i fully recover soon cause i'm very motivated now i learned how to install props in the module system ! That makes me quite sad thinking much of the planet will have to pass through this hard ****ty virus, many people are underestimating it probably. Not dying of it is great but this virus can also just ruin one month or more of your life by being hardly sick... tired and sometimes have bad breath. Playing Bannerlord definetely helped me, fun fact iwas very very ill too when i discovered Warband in 2012 !

6B41606EBEC46BAEED1B8642A80CC9F18F97F64D
Great scene of the city. God, get well! If there are no problems with breathing and you have a month of coronavirus, I think that everything is fine with the lungs, the light stage will pass.

Wow ☺ Thank you all for you support, that's very touching ! (didn't see there was a complete page juste before this one :xf-oops:)

I hope too that the worst is behind, feeling better today. I have even smoke a cigarette cause it seems nicotine can protect you from virus... and to be honest where my 20 push ups made me fall again in bad condition my cigarette did me nothing... After those push ups put me real bad i've made some researches, and yes when you're ill with infectious disease making sport can be really bad and even making your disease worst !!! So no sport when you're ill of flu or virus, just rest.

I have an average health so don't be too much afraid of this virus if you have a good health, just take some sun (vitamine D is a must have against this virus) and eat well (fruits and vegetables) and that should pass ! But if you have health problems lock down yourself.

The important is: i could continue scening today ! (y)

Get well indeed. And in France, it's far from being over sadly.

Sadly yes it's just the start in France, ironically, ten years i didn't move of my little town in Brittany and i'm one of the first in my town to get it ! :unsure:

-In the global map i have big stuttering when i travel fast, i guess it's because of the size of the map and the number of parties?

Even on my broken computer i don't have lag on worldmap, what is your system just by curisioty ? Not me that can fix that, but more S&D :xf-wink:

Great scene of the city.

Al Mansur props put in all the Bowman's towns and in other OSP castles will give a very good flavour to this mod !

Last edited:
Lol especially in Brittany, it's super unlucky :d
My system (it's a laptop): ADM Ryzen 5 3550H (2,10Ghz) / RAM 8Go / GeForge GTX 1050

About the same power (for one core) as my Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.70GHz, never played much our mod with this but i could play "In the name of Jerusalem" mod with. Maybe a problem with turbo mode ? You don't stutter in battles ?

I had the same issue with in the name of jerusalem too.
When there are 200+ units, i can stutter sometimes. And I play with low graphics.

This is weird, i could play INJ pretty well (worldmap and with good settings parameters, 300 battlesize). Maybe you should try up your graphics, playing low graphics on Warband with quite powerful system (compares to 5-10 years ago) can in fact produce stutter. I have experienced this on The Last Days a long time ago. I don't know if it can explain the worldmap stutter also....

We're still working on it, it's just that current events didn't facilitate working on the mod.

Here's a sneak peek of what we're working on with the player lead mercenary company:

3LuzT.jpg
c7lPO.jpg
RQ83X.jpg
XbS5f.jpg
bcaxt.jpg
AHEWj.jpg
Vu6jk.jpg
E38-0.jpg
Ubz0A.jpg
KqRky.jpg
GdCoT.jpg

On the scening department news: i'm currently on final phase on props reorganization and we also have a great news; we're welcoming a new member in the team: iJustWant2bPure who joined us like a month ago and is making scenes.

I finished making and choose which new textures we will use (there will be 6 different styles):
limestoneexp.jpg

calcairebourgignon.jpg

1C33A973AC02131D3D812C7B79DAE9B49FCDB14F

8317376EB03F2F2B2D77918E65BD2146ED557673
granite_new_props_prewiew.jpg

Our new scener iJustWant2bPure joined us recently and learned very fast! He didn't do much scening before this but had a very good knowledge of castles and it seems i'm better teacher than modder (i've just teach him the very basics of scening and gave him few advices but he made most of progress lonely and very fast!) His scenes are truely fantastic and his venue to the team is a big boost for the mod! He already made five castles.
Rigo is always working too: he is on Dijon right now and is making a great job too.
Also they are waiting i finish the props reorganization so i'm kind of slowing them down :rolleyes:. If any of you want to become my new apprentice, you're welcome :sneaky:

iJustWant2bPure's historically realistic castles
suscinio_3.png

62f0f451ca_50078713_suscinio-pdjpg.jpg

suscinio_2.png
unknown.png

Illustration_du_si%C3%A8ge_du_ch%C3%A2teau_de_Derval_au_XIV%C3%A8me_si%C3%A8cle.jpg
47ECC2C3C738C30A36956DEF1787D828AAA71C4C

3B0AE0A9B832214B64817081331750345FFD1874

MjAxNTA4MmYxZDk2Y2IzNTMzZjE4MzRhYTM1YTM5OWM4YWE5MmI

Rigo's historically realistic Dijon
MountBlade_Warband_25_02_2020_00_32_31.png

Chateau_de_Dijon.jpg

I also would like to thank @Dekkers for sharing with us his awesome multiplayer scene. I will adapt it to singleplayer and our mod when i have the time...
CC0AF82C5F8C9422517A2FFA52B5C2E5A49B5E39

I have fixed all scenes bugs reported and also planned some update on settlements and lords. To make the worldmap more balanced and lords even more historically accurate: an exemple of this with Brittany:
Bretagne_Rework.png

Sorry for the long time between updates but the time pass not the same for the ones waiting and the ones making the mod, the next update will be worth the wait. I think when i finish the reorganization of props we will make at least an update with scene fixes, new scenes and few gameplay improvements made by Kham and S&D: so there will be probably and update in early June. And many other ones then as we have many more things in the pipeline.

Also like everybody we played Bannerlord and this pandemic **** is in fact not as good creative moment as it seems, especially when your ill or worst... So keep the good vibes and stay safe. PC master race should survive :xf-wink:

Last edited:
On the scening department news: i'm currently on final phase on props reorganization and we also have a great news; we're welcoming a new member in the team: iJustWant2bPure who joined us like a month ago and is making scenes.

I finished making and choose which new textures we will use (there will be 6 different styles):
limestoneexp.jpg

calcairebourgignon.jpg

Our new scener iJustWant2bPure joined us recently and learned very fast! He didn't do much scening before this but had a very good knowledge of castles and it seems i'm better teacher than modder (i've just teach him the very basics of scening and gave him few advices but he made most of progress lonely and very fast!) His scenes are truely fantastic and his venue to the team is a big boost for the mod! He already made five castles.
Rigo is always working too: he is on Dijon right now and is making a great job too.
Also they are waiting i finish the props reorganization so i'm kind of slowing them down :rolleyes:. If any of you want to become my new apprentice, you're welcome :sneaky:

suscinio_3.png

suscinio_2.png
unknown.png

Illustration_du_si%C3%A8ge_du_ch%C3%A2teau_de_Derval_au_XIV%C3%A8me_si%C3%A8cle.jpg

Chateau_de_Dijon.jpg

I also would like to thank @Dekkers for sharing with us his awesome multiplayer scene. I will adapt it to singleplayer and our mod when i have the time...

I have fixed all scenes bugs reported and also planned some update on settlements and lords. To make the worldmap more balanced and lords even more historically accurate: an exemple of this with Brittany:
Bretagne_Rework.png

Sorry for the long time between updates but the time pass not the same for the ones waiting and the ones making the mod, the next update will be worth the wait. I think when i finish the reorganization of props we will make at least and update with scene fixes, new scenes and few gameplay improvements made by Kham and S&D: so there will be probably and update in early June. And many other ones then as we have many more things in the pipeline.

Also like everybody we played Bannerlord and this pandemic **** is in fact not as good creative moment as it seems, especially when your ill or worst.. So keep the good vibes and stay safe. PC master race should survive :xf-wink:
Great castles. Congratulations on expanding your team.

We're still working on it, it's just that current events didn't facilitate working on the mod.

Here's a sneak peek of what we're working on with the player lead mercenary company:

3LuzT.jpg
c7lPO.jpg
RQ83X.jpg
XbS5f.jpg
bcaxt.jpg
AHEWj.jpg
Vu6jk.jpg
E38-0.jpg
Ubz0A.jpg
KqRky.jpg
GdCoT.jpg

limestoneexp.jpg

calcairebourgignon.jpg

suscinio_3.png

suscinio_2.png
unknown.png

Chateau_de_Dijon.jpg

Bretagne_Rework.png

Sorry for the long time between updates but the time pass not the same for the ones waiting and the ones making the mod, the next update will be worth the wait. I think when i finish the reorganization of props we will make at least and update with scene fixes, new scenes and few gameplay improvements made by Kham and S&D: so there will be probably and update in early June. And many other ones then as we have many more things in the pipeline.

Also like everybody we played Bannerlord and this pandemic **** is in fact not as good creative moment as it seems, especially when your ill or worst.. So keep the good vibes and stay safe. PC master race should survive :xf-wink:
My God, these are very beautiful historical scenes of castles, and the city of Dijon. I think it is very correct and reasonable to make the scene of Dijon partial, so as not to mold the entire city, which, for sure, in the historical perspective would not have entered completely into the size of the scene. And you have the most correct option: part of the wall, perpendicular to the side of the square of the stage, and behind it the city itself with residential buildings. The idea of their own mercenary camp is also interesting, I remember how in La Guerre de cent ans there was something similar, only there they were purely within the quest and it was difficult to hire them (except only to get them out of captivity, as far as I remember). :smile:
Congratulations on the new member of your team, it's great that you found a new modder. I believe that other modders should invest in such a grand project! And I hope that you will still find people in the team. I would be very happy to help you if I could do something in programming and graphic editing XD
Most importantly, you are probably one of the first people to make scenes of castles and cities directly from historical sources (engravings, real ruins, layouts). I have never seen a fashion designer who created historical fashions with such a thorough approach to history. You create an atmosphere that is true 15th century France :smile:
I think you don't have such a long time between updates, especially since your mod is brand new. All the more, such a done work. I'm just really looking forward to it and I like to watch your progress :smile:

For the size of towns as explained before, impossible to make them realisitic due to size scene limitation, there is a good chance we change our approach on this and will probably downscale the huge towns by two (while keeping important area at almost real size) cause we think it's also nice having the feeling of access the complete town you're in. But yeah Rigo made it really good, it was our first choice doing towns like that but that might change in future.

I have never seen a fashion designer who created historical fashions with such a thorough approach to history. You create an atmosphere that is true 15th century France

You're so true, for Derval castle we even contacted a french archeologist who gave us a detailed topology map he done, all others scenes will be made with correct maps and historical researches. iJustWant2bPure is really good on researches too. For castles without known maps we will imagine something realistic depending the terrain relief.

I believe that other modders should invest in such a grand project!

I hope too, each updates new people are interested in joining the project, as an exemple iJustWant2bPure said me he played Bannerlord and got broed and then played our mod that he really enjoyed and now he is making those perfect castles ! Finding a modeller would be great cause there is many models to take and free to use from sketchup 3D warehouse but we don't have the skills yet to adapt to Warband.

I would be very happy to help you if I could do something in programming and graphic editing XD

Your welcome to join if you want to make scenes, that's the only thing i can teach you and some basic Gimp editing stuff, for other things i'm just learning from others.

And thanks a lot for your continuous support :xf-smile:

Great castles. Congratulations on expanding your team.

Thx, with two others like Rigo and iJustWant2bPure i can't imagine how far this mod can go. A modeller to adapt models from skecthfab (which is not hard for experienced modeller) would be the epic completion of this great team ! I've always liked teamwork and i'm not disapointed here.

Last edited:
For the size of towns as explained before, impossible to make them realisitic due to size scene limitation, there is a good chance we change our approach on this and will probably downscale the huge towns by two (while keeping important area at almost real size) cause we think it's also nice having the feeling of access the complete town you're in. But yeah Rigo made it really good, it was our first choice doing towns like that but that might change in future.

You're so true, for Derval castle we even contacted a french archeologist who gave us a detailed topology map he done, all others scenes will be made with correct maps and historical researches. iJustWant2bPure is really good on researches too. For castles without known maps we will imagine something realistic depending the terrain relief.

I hope too, each updates new people are interested in joining the project, as an exemple iJustWant2bPure said me he played Bannerlord and got broed and then played our mod that he really enjoyed and now he is making those perfect castles ! Finding a modeller would be great cause there is many models to take and free to use from sketchup 3D warehouse but we don't have the skills yet to adapt to Warband.

Your welcome to join if you want to make scenes, that's the only thing i can teach you and some basic Gimp editing stuff, for other things i'm just learning from others.

And thanks a lot for your continuous support :xf-smile:

Thx, with two others like Rigo and iJustWant2bPure i can't imagine how far this mod can go. A modeller to adapt models from skecthfab (which is not hard for experienced modeller) would be the epic completion of this great team ! I've always liked teamwork and i'm not disapointed here.
I might have wanted to do scenes, because I generally like these things, especially related to the image of architecture (since childhood, I love to draw buildings, cities), if not for my employment and my concern with other things and other problems... Yes and in general I unfortunately have very little free time for any arts. I will certainly continue to monitor your mod, but my support, unfortunately, will probably only be verbal. I might be able to help in terms of history, but I don't think I have the right to do so and that I can offer more than you know, given that I don't live in France and don't have as much access to knowledge about France as you do :smile: But I will offer suggestions, ideas and criticism :smile:

Thank you a lot for your great work and effort !
May i suggest adding an armour model, which looks similar to this one: https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/34/33913/New_Full_Plate.1.png
It looks fantastic. Unfortunately the author had to shut down his work. Do you guys know, how someone could possibly "recreate" this masterpiece ? To me it seems like the modder has put together some already existing models. Maybe except for the breast part.
Another question:
Do you guys plan to add this heraldic shield and armour ?
shield: https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/38/37109/new_pavise.png
armour: https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/38/37109/new_heraldic.png
It would fit very well into the time period and your mod.
Anyway guys, i wish you all the best and good luck with your mod :smile: !

Hello, thank you for the enthusiams and suggestions. We are currently trying to improve armors a lot. I contacted once the modder who did the first armor you mentioned (yeah they look cool) had a first contact but had not further answers: it's a mix of Narf armors and the Witcher game armor witch is not really "officially" open source so that could cause problems. For the other armors we are trying to add somes like your other screens, we know that's a big lack of our mod right now and we would like really to improve that. Some of us even started to learn 3D (but this can take time). Little by little we got some contacts with 3D modellers. One experienced 3D modeller is what is missing the most to the team. We have two experienced scripters, 4 sceners now and getting much apreciated help from external helpers.

I'm currently finishing my mega reorganisation of building models. There will be 6 different styles possible of walls textures. Here three new i have done.
EB19B94E316008A74C815D093CE46C23A483EAEC

If you're a 3D modeller and want to become famous: contact us!!!

Last edited:
Hello to all, i'm here to announce i quit the team for the obvious reason that historical accuracy is not a priority of this mod like it is suppose to be.

sdantihistorical.png

S&D is behaving like a superior and never listen to my historical advice, also supporting "new members" who are doing inacurrate armors and supporting them against me who is the second oldest member to join and did hundreds of hours of work into this mod.

This is how "new member" or i don't know what to call him speak to me after doing some inacurrate armors:
Ashersousmerde.jpg

Wow this guy should wait there is actually something of him in the mod before speaking to me like a ****. Fun thing is that most of the team has been recruit and some teach by me and he is teaching me how i should behave better to have people follow my lead. When he was not speaking there was no problem. But the problems come from me who think everyone else is wrong! Good so, i'm out so no problems now.

"Your previous work guarantees nothing!" The guy clearly doesn't realize all that i did...

Another fun thing about this "new member" is that first thing he wanted to do after joining our discord was to change the name of the mod! ? And he argued for this quite a long time... He wanted to do a DAC logo with rabbit and snails.

I will give few exemples of what i said above on S&D:

I did every banners of this mod and still S&D can't put the correct one for Duke of Burgundy, thing that i said to him last autumn and i'm still waiting for him to put the accurate one, so even when you give him the correct asset it seems things has to be done to his taste. Why keep Burgundian faction banner to Philippe the good when we have the accurate banner for him since the start?

S&D doesn't really care 13th armors, norman kite shield, gothic armors currently in the mod. "that doesn't really break immersions and the enjoyement of the mod" you know

S&D keep wanting to put Wharammer style items (very good looking items from Grim Age pack but that not a reason to put them in the mod as they don't fit historical style). He insisted on putting some civilians hats even to fighting troops in the mod even if i nicely said him it would not fit well, he added them... He replaced crossbow with wharammer crossbow without even asking me.

When i want to improve lord list or add towns to correct my errors it feels like a pain to him.

Remaking troop trees is a pain as S&D never happy with my troop trees, like i didn't prove i'm pretty good in historical accuracy thing making all lords and laides list with correct age and heraldry and chosing towns and villages names and allocation to their accurate lords. Two days before now i had to prove him with links and references that archers and crossbowmen are a major part of town milicias. Like after two years we work together he is not believing what i'm saying... Did this troop tree but still S&D not happy with it for whatever reason.

milice_Diagram.png

milicia_Diagram.png

S&D is too consensual (when things go his way slow and inaccurate) and always think we can improve things later, that's why this mod take months to update despite having one of the best team of the moment. There is no sense of priorities and of what need to be done firstly. Valueing useless stuff is not my thing and telling people they are great if they do "not correct things" not my thing too as i hate hypocrisy.

I've never been considered as an historical adviser but more an historical researcher (you know the retard that do the boring stuff that nobody cares) but for reasons i ignore the "new member" historical researches are heard by S&D and seem to valid his inacurrate armors! While me i still wait for the inacurrate armors already in the mod to be remove, S&D want to add those new ones inacurrate also.

For all those reasons it's time for me to leave this team cause there is clearly a disregard about historical accuracy. For the same reason and like i can't support this line of conduct i don't want my previous work to be use in such a mod that don't respect history.

I banned a friend from our DAC discord (that was not even a member of our team and he didn't want to) for bullying me for days... and then there was a rumor i try to impose my vision of the mod and a kind of terror to members and S&D was like not believing i banned him for harassing me in private... And most probably a part of this rumor (very nice team spirit). So it seems i try to impose my vision to the mod and to other members :unsure:. The truth is that this mod is more S&D vision than mine as the items (and what npc wear) and troop trees are 100% due to him and i have zero impact on this.

If you don't need things to be 100% correct you'll have no problem replace banners with an OSP pack. Or finding new wall textures that it took me some weeks to find and make.

The actual troop trees, items, troops gear... etc are for me right now all in all like 25% correct, that's not 100% correct so all is ok! ??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom