SP Medieval [WB] Deeds of Arms and Chivalry

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you plan a full historic scenes for all towns and castles? Carcassonne is to you like a landscape for a canvas :smile:
1572812724_karkasson-krepost-francija-14.jpg

Rigo and Ettenrocal are working on creating new historical scenes to replace the current placeholders, I might pitch in at some point to help with scenes. There are some previews of new scenes on the second page of this thread and on moddb, there's more in the works too :wink:

Hi @hoboistice ! Thanks for dropping by and playing the mod. I believe I also implemented your fixes to polearms (anim speed), but if I missed anything, let me know! Have always been a fan of your work and have implemented it to any mod I work on.

The main thing I've noticed is the lack of is_pike on applicable weapons (two handed polearms with a pierce thrust value, so pikes, glaives, poleaxes etc) for pike bracing, and no_blur for stabbing polearms, I usually put no_blur on every weapon because it looks better but thrust polearms without no_blur look really bad.

Also the great lances (long lances with no parries) have no overhead stabbing.

You could incorporate the extra_penetration flag onto your cleave poleweapons and change the rcm values for those in the module.ini. From my experience you can use extra_penetration on melee weapons almost like another damage type, changing the rcm values to be between cut and pierce so it gives hafted weapons more impact while still maintaining balanced stats.

There's a rather annoying bug where you lose health in Training Fields, pretty sure this is a Diplomacy related bug.

Do you plan a full historic scenes for all towns and castles? Carcassonne is to you like a landscape for a canvas :smile:

For biggest towns like Paris, Orleans, Tours, Gand etc... it will impossible to be full realistic cause Warband maximum size scene is 1,2 km square and in 1429 there is some pretty big cities sometimes 2x or 3x bigger than this surface. This will be possible in Bannerlord engine (the max scene size is huge in BL, if somes make a mod with same subject !) Average towns could be done realistically like Carcassone, especially with this method i talked before: i invented a way to implement a realistic terrain of a location in a Warband scene. But honestly that will be really hard with only two sceners three if S&D have some more free time. I was thinking once we released the mod more sceners would join the team, but sadly there is not enough population in the world it seems. I have also a big and boring work to do before start the real scening work, reorganize the props brf (each props need to be decline with the correct textures) and i'm very slow at it, it is not that hard but very boring and not very motivating. My main goal for now is reorganizing props and then using those props and put Al Mansur french props into The Bowman towns. So even if i would like really make realictic castle or towns i don't plan starting one before a long time... Rigo is making realistic castles and will maybe start a realistic Angers S&D maybe Toulouse. For those big cities we plan on taking just a part of it centered on the most iconic places of the locations.

Praise any god that more sceners join us or we win lottery and can pay some sceners.

It's going well now that I have some time to work on the mod, we'll post some updates once some of the features we've been working on have been completed although Kham has already teased it on the previous page :smile:

Thanks for the report. We didn't have any report on a bug on Clermont arena, so its very useful. I note it on my bug list.

I have started reworking the organization of props, sadly i'm a very bad scripter, so i don't know how to install them myself so it slow me down.

There will be three main combo of textures like explained before.

reorgpropsalmansur.png
reorgpropsstone2.png
granite_native_roof_set.png

My pleasure, i'll tell you if I encounter any other bugs. :smile:
Suggestion: towns shouldn't be a target of the quest to collect taxes. I got almost 7k, it feels too easy for a start.

EDIT : You can't cross the bridge next to Tarbes.
EDIT 2 : I dropped my items in the street and i got error messages

Last edited:
Didn't know you could collect taxes of towns, pretty cool ! XD I think we planned to link this quest of collecting taxes with a diplomacy feature when you enter into service of a family (would be more rp). We now for the Tarbes bridges it should be fix in next update. Didn't know for items drop in towns, good find ! i'm sure S&D and kham wil be very please to resolves those bugs !

Thanks for the report. We didn't have any report on a bug on Clermont arena, so its very useful. I note it on my bug list.

I have started reworking the organization of props, sadly i'm a very bad scripter, so i don't know how to install them myself so it slow me down.

There will be three main combo of textures like explained before.

reorgpropsalmansur.png
reorgpropsstone2.png
granite_native_roof_set.png
God, this is awesome and atmospheric

We are also working on more historical plate harness models, until the day we found a modeller...

unknown.png

Reorgnization i'm working on will allow us to make beautiful towns and castles ! Here an exemple in spoiler. I'm a little bit slowed down cause it seems i have covid-19 since more than a month... (we are not tested much in France) so sometimes i'm working on scenes and i just fall asleep ! I hope i fully recover soon cause i'm very motivated now i learned how to install props in the module system ! That makes me quite sad thinking much of the planet will have to pass through this hard ****ty virus, many people are underestimating it probably. Not dying of it is great but this virus can also just ruin one month or more of your life by being hardly sick... tired and sometimes have bad breath. Playing Bannerlord definetely helped me, fun fact iwas very very ill too when i discovered Warband in 2012 !

6B41606EBEC46BAEED1B8642A80CC9F18F97F64D

Last edited:
Very nice, it seems you're getting better with the editor, and most important now, recover as soon as possible to continue giving it all, lots of encouragement, mate.

Get well indeed. And in France, it's far from being over sadly. :sad:
So i have another things to say about the mod:
-In the global map i have big stuttering when i travel fast, i guess it's because of the size of the map and the number of parties?
- Regarding to troop trees, I think a global tree per faction would be better. It makes you click a bit less and gives you a quick look of all the units available.
- Regarding to troop customization: is it "only" an aesthetic feature to see what can an unit look like, or can you actually change the gears they wear in battle? Maybe i'm doing it wrong but it doesn't seem to save the changes i do.
-Really a minor thing, but it would be great if we could have 2 options to enter a town, like in TLD, to choose if you want to be at foot or if you want to use a horse.

Back
Top Bottom