SP Medieval [WB] Deeds of Arms and Chivalry

Users who are viewing this thread

Welcome in the team Antonis ! :ROFLMAO::xf-tongue::xf-cool:

@Ворон

You're right ! Too many mods don't try to make teams and that's sad cause a huge mod is too much work for one man. Also some mods use a kind of teamwork but do like it's a "one man work" and make believe people you can achieve a mod on your own ! This is possible but very rare. And let's not forget the fact that we use also the fantastic open source works of the M&B community.

Others Castles WIP, based on native scenes but it's heavily modified, i have a problem: i start many scenes same time !
8AC0C885CECBC89CBE17F6FAFD7038CBEB15EC70
D480C3E75BF5B6A51AF64F0C41345FBEEABD1300

Last edited:
Here's another teaser for what we have in store:

One of the main features we want to emphasise in the mod are the Mercenary Companies during the era. Of course, this still being a Mount & Blade game, we definitely would want the player to have the option to create their own Mercenary Company. We are still in the design phase for this feature, but a lot of the parts that make up the whole are already completed, such as Mercenary Camps, Dynamic Player Camp, and Mercenary Contracts.

Also, what better way to roam the lands of France as a Mercenary Company Commander but with your own Custom Troops! Using fisheye's source as base, I made a version that is simple and easy to use, with a intuitive presentation, and modified in a way so that specific troops can be customized from a shared armoury. The troop tree is linear, but we plan for a variety of troops with their own troop trees (e.g noble line)

en80N.jpg

hcCbq.jpg

bsSm5.jpg

Dv3xN.jpg

Zz0nR.jpg

tfNoM.jpg

SJryX.jpg

Items for the armoury can be added by procuring them from the Quartermaster, but you can only procure what you provide to the Quartermaster. These can take some time depending on the item, and you can only procure one item at a time.

ILprO.jpg

RMTQU.jpg

B3nhO.jpg

You can also scrap items from the armoury for a little bit of gold.

The feature is working well (I think), and does require testing, but as of now, will only be accessible via the cheat menu, as again, this is just a part of a whole feature we are currently designing.

mb128.jpg

20200129202129_1.jpg
Stay tuned!

Last edited:
New Update!
Moddb Download Link

Changelog:
New Features:
- Start as Lord / Ruler or Vassal
-- You can now choose to start as a Historical Lord / Ruler of a faction
-- You can also choose to create your own character but as a vassal of a faction
- Heraldic Waving Banners
-- Lances with Pennons / Banners can be equipped. They are wavy :smile:
-- Banners add a slight morale boost to troops.
- Improve your Weapon / Armor
-- Speak to a Weaponsmith / Armorsmith to improve the modifier of your weapon / armour
- Bodysliding
-- Control your troops in the field when your character is defeated.

New Music by BenjaminR
- Amazing period-piece renditions by BenjaminR. He'll be creating original tracks for Deeds of Arms & Chivalry. Listen to his portfolio here: Soundcloud.com

New Scenes by Rigo
- Historical Scenes created by our new scener, Rigo

Other additions / Fixes:
- Dual Morale system fixed: now a different morale system triggers depending on the number of combatants in the field.
- Firearm animation added
- Fixed helmets covering the headmesh in arena battles
- Changed some bandits spawning in towns
- Fixed tournament equipment having strength requirements
- Some fixes and updates to non-mainline units
- Changed Denars to Crowns
- lutes and lyres will not show on musicians back if they have more than one
- Outfitted recruiters and Messengers
- Changed troop hire costs
- Changed default deathcam to mouse and keyboard
- Fix grain quest
- Start battle holding position with > 1 tactics
- Improved Siege Tower Mechanics by Somebody
- Added Bannermen to all factions
- Remove Ramun
- Remove condition when talking to Travellers and asking for location of other people
- Changed default formation to shieldwall
- Changed Formations spacing
- Review Troops shows all troops
- Don't let AI control player troops after death as default
- Don't allow three tournament teams for now due to bug
- Tweaks to lord defection
- Fixed banner map icon for fief not updating when selecting or changing banner
- Reset controversy for lords after being indicted.
- Added travelling tailors
- Added more ransom brokers
- Lots of scene fixes

Welcome in the team Antonis ! :ROFLMAO::xf-tongue::xf-cool:

@Ворон

You're right ! Too many mods don't try to make teams and that's sad cause a huge mod is too much work for one man. Also some mods use a kind of teamwork but do like it's a "one man work" and make believe people you can achieve a mod on your own ! This is possible but very rare. And let's not forget the fact that we use also the fantastic open source works of the M&B community.

Others Castles WIP, based on native scenes but it's heavily modified, i have a problem: i start many scenes same time !
8AC0C885CECBC89CBE17F6FAFD7038CBEB15EC70
D480C3E75BF5B6A51AF64F0C41345FBEEABD1300
Awesome, keep it up!
I think that thanks to you, the creation of mods for the first part of M&B will not lose popularity even after the release of Bannerlord :smile:

Any plans on adding mordhau/halfsword? Also the ranged units are way too powerful, I think your ammo damage values are way too high, it's making archers like machinegunners. The accuracy values for those could be reduced too.

Just noticed that w_bec_de_corbin_alt and w_knight_warhammer_2_alt don't use the proper mesh. Lots of spears have a pierce value for swinging for some reason too.

Last edited:
Any plans on adding mordhau/halfsword?
Also the ranged units are way too powerful, I think your ammo damage values are way too high, it's making archers like machinegunners. The accuracy values for those could be reduced too.
It's planned, didn't get around to do it yet but will certainly add it.
They'll be nerfed.

Just noticed that w_bec_de_corbin_alt and w_knight_warhammer_2_alt don't use the proper mesh.
Lots of spears have a pierce value for swinging for some reason too.
Good catch, fixed it.
Yeah, spears (should) only have thrusting attacks now and I need to add the itp_has_upper_stab flag to them to make it clearer.

I plan on reorganzing props cause if you don't have the right set of props with correct textures it will be bad for scening work. After quite a long study of France goeology and depending Warband constraints (you have to decline every props with each new texture...), i've dedicded we will use mainly three different walls textures. Using more than this would lead to have too much props in the scene editor (but maybe four could be possible ?) Let's just start doing this good with three different textures for now.

I want to represent the main three types of stones: limestone, sandstone and granite.

Limestone can be use for scenes in almost all regions of France. Sandstone will be mainly use for south of France or east of France/Burgundy and granite texture will be use for Brittany and Auvergne (mountainous central France).

All those wall textures are WIP but probably at 90% of what they'll look like. The last two textures are modified/redone textures of Crusader Way to Expiation.

Limestone wall texture

06F8CA09AE7A69E6AC87842EA51FED39ABBB77BE

Sandstone wall texture

E85BA134A5C883C44FBAEF6059B2A96C21C05D0E

Granite wall texture

4BB3729CFFD1D3DE9B17C4EF93F94F8D2853E333

Last edited:
That is really cool! And those castles look stunning. Seeing them, I can't help but notice I have been too "conservative" to use different materials to different settings. :facepalm:

It's normal not many mods use different materials cause even the native props are a mess considering how they use the different materials: not all props are declined with each textures. So there is less possibilities of making nice and different caslte/towns. I plan on reorganizing native props too to have each props available with each material (natives ones and Al Mansur ones).

There's a bug where when you get attacked in a marketplace by bandits it still calls the Deserters by their native faction names. When the AI has a polearm and one hander they seem to always favor the one hander. I feel like polearms are underpowered in damage in comparison to swords, notably things like Poleaxes which in the period are some of the most advanced melee weapons available.

There's a bug where when you get attacked in a marketplace by bandits it still calls the Deserters by their native faction names. When the AI has a polearm and one hander they seem to always favor the one hander. I feel like polearms are underpowered in damage in comparison to swords, notably things like Poleaxes which in the period are some of the most advanced melee weapons available.
That bug was fixed in the February release, are you still using the release from December?
Some polearms might receive a buff and the planned troop overhaul will likely put more emphasis on polearms.

Hi @hoboistice ! Thanks for dropping by and playing the mod. I believe I also implemented your fixes to polearms (anim speed), but if I missed anything, let me know! Have always been a fan of your work and have implemented it to any mod I work on.

Back
Top Bottom