WB Dedicated Server Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

cognx

Recruit
Hey guys,

I really wanted to avoid making a thread about this, but it is my last hope. I have been reading threads all over the forums about this exact issue, however, none are helpful to me. I have been working on hosting a dedicated PW server, I got it all set up, I can play on Local Connection and everything. I just cant get the server to show up on the server list.

I have disabled firewall on my computer, Deleted all my Anti-virus, my ports 7000-8000 are open on both TCP and UDP and the game is set to its default port. I know the ports are open because I have checked them and it says they are open. I know the problem isnt my server filters or anything because I have tried different game mods, browsed through all the servers without filters ETC.

I honestly have no idea what could be wrong, the server is set to show up on the list. Nothing should be blocking it, and my ports are open. I even tried to set my computer to a DMZ as well as disabling my routers firewall. Nothing seems to work. Ive been sitting here for about 5 hours trying to figure this out and would really appreciate some tips! Thanks :smile:

Khan Khalid said:
The problem is your internet company. Call them and ask for buying a real ip. Then come back to us :wink:

erm what? I'm pretty sure any IP address assigned to you by your ISP or a provider is a valid IP address.

Ra'Jiska said:
You've to open ports on your computer AND your network.
I disabled my computers fire wall completely, so this shouldnt effect it. But I did add acceptions in the network.
Thanks

Khan Khalid said:
The problem is your internet company. Call them and ask for buying a real ip. Then come back to us :wink:
If youre refering to a static address I already have one.

cognx said:
Khan Khalid said:
If youre refering to a static address I already have one.

Yes i'd had one also, but when i've called my company they asked for extra money for a real ip. It means (even if u have one as all computers have) without ur company's setting for it, other computers can't reach to ur address. I suggest that just call them and ask about it to be sure. I hope it will help..
Of course this is only one probability among others. So u can eliminate this option after it.

Lol thats BS that they charge you for that! Anyways thanks for all the help guys! I got it working. Everyone else can see it but me for some reason. Odd.

Back
Top Bottom