SP Native [WB] Decapitate and Dismember

Users who are viewing this thread

Flanged

Sergeant Knight
Decapitate Your Enemies, Dismember Their Friends, and Have a Big Feast

dismember.jpg

A lot of people have been having trouble utilising the decapitation and dismemberment mod kit (or even downloading it) so for ease of use and to save them from further butthurt I have put together this handy fully playable mini-mod. 

It changes nothing in the basic game, except you can now decapitate your enemies in nearly all battle scenes - excluding the arena and some minor quest-related fights - and enemies who can be violently dismembered have been added to all Looter, most Bandit, and nearly all Peasant parties.

If you've ever felt like hacking a farmer limb from limb, or wondered what King Harlaus would look like without his head, this is the mod for you.

Many here will have seen the video of the mod in action already, but here it is again anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rE3d3Wc4E

Should say, there are no longer red script error messages appearing when decapitations take place.

I realise that decapitation is already integrated into a few other mods - most notably Vikingr, Brytenwalda, and I think the Theoris mod compilation, but if all you want is dismemberment and beheadings with no extra frills then you can slake your thirst (from a bloody stump) with this.

Beheadings are quite frequent, rather than being a vanishing rarity.  If you aim right, and swing hard, the chances are good that heads will roll.

You can get it over on the Nexus, for now.  I'll add other downloads when I can.

DOWNLOAD:  http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3942
ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD:  http://www.moddb.com/mods/decapitate-and-dismember

For an extra-bloody version, with a few script error messages popping up without doing any harm, you can go here: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3943/

---------------

Most of the credit for this mod should rightly go to Davee of the Vikingr team.

The only thing I really added to it is the somewhat crappy limb-chopping.

Help was also given in both the theoretical and practical sphere by Somebody, Rosha, cdvader, and Al-Mansur, especially in the early days. 

Without the hard work and dedication of all these talented people, you might never have been able to find yourself standing in a field beside a mound of severed heads and arms, panting, drenched in blood, with even your allies thinking about running from you.

Enjoy! 

how can I make it so all my troops have dismemberment? what is the process?

does your troop use a special race body or what?

There's no special race, but they have to wear a special armour, and their equipment has to be specifically set up in the module system (including giving them invisible gloves)  They must have certain skill/equipment flags set in the module system as well, like "tf_guarantee_gloves", etc. 

It's not really practical to make all the troops in the game dismemberable, they would all be running around holding their arm up all the time, and it would take ages to do as well.  But feel free to use the armours and objects included with the mod if you want to add some to your own mod.

You can re-texture them if you want to have a different look for the dismemberable guys, though you might want to re-do the UV maps first.  I'm terrible at UV mapping.

Just adding in a few screenies.  These are taken from both the "normal blood" and "extreme gore" versions, so you won't necessarily get the huge upwards blood fountains, it depends on the version you choose to use.

decap2.jpg

decap1.jpg

decap4.jpg

decap3.jpg

armless5.jpg

I have to say that i enjoy this mod very much and hope it will be in the most new mods that will be released.

The only bad thing is that i had to stop playing my 1812 campaign and play custom battles here :mrgreen:

anakonda said:
The only bad thing is that i had to stop playing my 1812 campaign and play custom battles here :mrgreen:

Every rose has it's thorns!

Actually, I don't know if I remembered to put decaps and dismemberments into custom battles.... ****.

I hope one day we'll see full-body dismemberment for all troops, though hopefully it will be kept as a relatively rare thing in-game, caused only by extreme force (like the cannons and trebuchets that are becoming more common in mods, and are featured in With Fire and Sword, or by the blow of a very powerful warrior). 

Unfortunately, even adding choppable limbs was some way beyond my own capabilities, without scripting help from smarter people I couldn't have done it, so I doubt I'll have much to contribute to any future developments of this feature.

Well this guy could probably decapitate anything :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XUvtRAXyc

Is this hard to merge with other mods (as a non-modder)? I know that just merging things together is a bad idea generally but I only use battle-deployment and orders and a few items, nothing that drastically changes the content and this looks like it wouldn't crossover with the other mods I've got...

Anybody tried just throwing it into a different module?

May sound like a dumb question to ask. Is there a script or 7 we can put into the Module System to incorporate this in mods?

Back
Top Bottom