SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

I dunno... it'd be nice if Jakub could explain, but nobody knows what's going on in his (her?) corner of the world, so who's to say? Ideally the mod would get more publicity and a team could get put together to speed things up. Since it's the only real prehistoric mod on the 'market', I was sure it would earn a bigger reception.

It would be awesome to make all the tribes really diverse, inspired by different tribes from history (maybe make the most advanced tribe a native american styled one?)
Also, Dire Wolf mounts, mammoths (not likely), maybe even other creatures would be awesome.

nobody-knows.png

Mod had a lot of potential... but he was on holiday in Poland, right? There are some wars over there, maybes something happened...  :?:

Haven't you heard? This mod is cursed....
It has been cursed since the day the first person (Zarthas) started developing it...We do not know what happened to thim either, but he told us of several mishaps that happened to him, too many to be a coincidence...

Zarthas said:
- Curse of the Neolithic Mod -
Like a multitude of other things I'm in daily contact with, this mod seems to be cursed.  Electronic equipment just degrades by being around it.  I've decided to keep a running log of the curse's victims:

August, 2009 - My computer is damaged during a storm, destroying my monitor.  Computer works for a few days, then the HD makes a croaking noise and dies.
October 2009 - Begin Mod work on a second PC.  It crashes.  Move to a laptop.  My dog knocks it off a table and destroys the screen.
November 2009 - Move to a third machine,  Begin work.  Windows has to be reinstalled twice.
January 2010 - SirNight's HD crashes while working on models for Neolithic Mod.
End of January 2010 - SirNight's entire PC crashes while working on models for NM, and my PC won't boot due to a virus.

Just like the tomb of Tut-Ench-Amun cursed the people who looted the ancient and sacred grave, this mods torments all who dare to start working on it.

Oh dear me, some of the things you guys have been saying here.  :lol: :lol: :lol: Im still alive, the mod is also alive. I was putting a little bit too much time on the computer, i decided to spend more time developing myself, my hobbies and my life, especially that I've started college. I mean British college, i'm doing Software Development at Level 3 which is pretty darn weighty when we're talking about the work load. I mean dudes, im only 17  :razz: Teenage life, fun, girls all of that is my number one priority at the moment. I have from time to time jumped on and made some new 3d models or added something new when i did have an occasional "warband rush" (It comes and goes all the time for almost every video game i own). Well I can see that there is high anticipation for the mod so alright, I will jump pack to developing it as my college "side project" (I will get extra brownie points for doing it.. and wont have to pay 1000 pounds for not completing my enrichment programme) You will hear from me by the end of next week, I will have added new crap to the mod. Glad you're all still about. :razz:

Well it's your life and your mod, so of course you can do as you want. :p
But with the score of abandoned mods (some barely a few weeks after the "announcement") around here I'm sure you can understand the skepticism. :p Very glad to see the project is still alive though.

Alright, did some major tidying up today. Made sure everything is working, fixed all bugs that prevented me from adding any new ****. Y'all be happy to hear, these gorgeous bastards are back in the mod now. Along with monkeys and other "breeds" I will keep quiet about until I have more on them.

PoLgpGR.jpg

Alright, here's this week's work:

* Tidied everything up that was preventing me from adding new content, this included finishing what I left that was causing compile errors etc.
* Added **** tonne of new items
* Worked on some new shield models
* Started work on the attack wolf troop (Still slightly "clumsy")
* Started work on the Plainsmen faction
* Made all of the non-lore friendly items disappear from shops
* Started work on an awesome custom campaign map
* Added back Neanderthals, Monkeys, Gorillas (Obviously called different) and a few other new races into the mod
* Optimized map Icons so that they have a floor (Helps if village/town is located on elevated terrain)
* Had a large donner kebab, a 12 inch pizza and chips with cheese

Some images of the plainsmen faction (Not Final):
bDZuAZZ.jpg
PZBAB62.jpg
IKNCtYn.png

Last Poll Results:
q2Lp8fy.png

Nice work... reminds me a bit of Hyboria from Conan. :grin: Would be intresting to give the mod a slight bit fantasy. Why not play with that lore a bit?

And for the question with the invasion. I think one of the biggest fears of the time was the hungerdeath... a bit of misfortune could kill hole tribes. So how about hungercorpses? you could use the native undead mesh (the one with flesh xD) and give it a new texture.. Leatherlike skin.. dirty from the months of wandering.. And pitch black holes where the eyes would be. A big horde of canibalistic undeads that inbodyment the biggest fears of the time.

so big hordes of hunger and frozen corpses.

Another idea would be ape like orcs. Think about bands of barbaric, nearly naked humanlike beasts... with big and spiky fur. if you use planes that stick out of the body you could create that effect. But i would not make them orclike broad. More like skinny humans.

And how about on smaler faction that got a bit further in the timeline? With a bit abstract copper age stuff. The aquilonians from Conan are an good exemple. Maybe a bit more babaric.

Dankmar said:
Nice work... reminds me a bit of Hyboria from Conan. :grin: Would be intresting to give the mod a slight bit fantasy. Why not play with that lore a bit?

And for the question with the invasion. I think one of the biggest fears of the time was the hungerdeath... a bit of misfortune could kill hole tribes. So how about hungercorpses? you could use the native undead mesh (the one with flesh xD) and give it a new texture.. Leatherlike skin.. dirty from the months of wandering.. And pitch black holes where the eyes would be. A big horde of canibalistic undeads that inbodyment the biggest fears of the time.

so big hordes of hunger and frozen corpses.

Another idea would be ape like orcs. Think about bands of barbaric, nearly naked humanlike beasts... with big and spiky fur. if you use planes that stick out of the body you could create that effect. But i would not make them orclike broad. More like skinny humans.

And how about on smaler faction that got a bit further in the timeline? With a bit abstract copper age stuff. The argonians from Conan are an good exemple. Maybe a bit more babaric.

Yeah I had a look at changing the lore, majority of people prefer this to be a realistic setting though, that's also what was planned by the original author and that is also what I would like to keep up. I did have a thought of adding a quest that once completed gives you a giant companion. Wouldn't be a "fantasy" giant but a very very tall man, just like Sultan Kosen, the current world's tallest man.

About the copper thing, yeah there will be an aspect of unlockable early metallurgy, especially with the crafting system. I've planned this out. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom