SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

9jakub9

Sergeant at Arms

G36NsJk.png

♦ REBORN ♦ REDONE ♦ REMASTERED ♦

What is Dawn of Man?

Dawn of Man is a Mount and Blade: Warband total conversion modification which aims to set the medieval game play a few thousand years back from the medieval period and into the rough, raw and unforgiving world of the stone age. Although our exact time-scale is not yet precisely set, we are roughly based on the late Mesolithic period where technologies such as farming and herding of cattle were becoming much more prominent while the homo species narrowed day by day. This is the official continuation of the original Dawn of Man mod however it is being remade from scratch, old features are being remastered and new features are added. We hope you follow our mod and enjoy the content we post!

Features

This mod is a total conversion modification which means most of the native content will either be removed or replaced. To be updated with a complete list.​

Factions/Clans

This is some rough ideas of the clans that are going to be in the game. We both have similar ideas and we are going to merge them to create awesome and unique factions.

From Zarthas:
-- Hynn Clan --
-- Equipment -- Wear a lot of leather clothing, particularly goat-skin, from the semi-domesticated goats native to their area.  Are somewhat adept at knapping and polishing flint blades, and are some of the best slingers.  Woven grass cloaks are primitive raincoats.
-- Clan Items -- Staff Sling, War Dog (Not done yet :sad: )
-- Settlements -- Permanent.  Wood, Clay, and Straw huts.
-- Major Food Supply --Rudimentary agriculture, purposely piling seeds into certain areas so they know these plants will grow next year etc.

-- Eaters-of-the-Dead --
--Equipment -- Are unable to flint or knap stone.  Use mostly bone and wood implements, only rudimentary clothing.  High-tier troops have stolen stone-headed axes and hammers.  'Worship' fire, and are incapable of making it themselves.
--Clan Items -- Bear-Jaw Club (Not Done :sad: ) Skull Masks
--Settlements -- Permanent.  Live in the caves in the side of mountains of their homeland.
-- Food Supply -- Captured enemies.  Hunted game.

-- Clan of the Cave Bear --
--Equipment -- Can produce knapped stone tools.  Are fond of large spears that are too heavy for most humans to use.  Wear mostly fur garments to keep out the cold.
-- Clan Items -- Pikes
-- Settlements -- Semi-Nomadic.  Move as game becomes less plentiful.  Caves.
-- Food Supply -- Mostly hunts large game, forage for plants.

Children of the Sun --
-- Equipment -- Area they live in is quite warm.  Wear little clothing, and have a special hatred for footwear, as their culture learns to run barefoot.  Are capable of knapping stone, but there is little quality flint in their land.  Use mostly wooden weapons, especially throwing sticks and clubs.
-- Clan Items -- Handspear, Boomerang
-- Settlements -- Semi-Nomadic.  Mud and Straw huts.
-- Food Supply -- Foraging, Hunts small game, Hunts Large Game.

Islanders -- (Not in Game currently)
--Equipment -- There is no knappable stone on their islands, so they never learned to use it.  There are native hardwoods that can create effective clubs, and they use bone-tips in place of stone.
-- Clan Items -- Flat Clubs, Bark Cloth
-- Settlements -- Permanent
-- Food Supply -- Fish, large game, foraging.​

From Tyden:
Mountains:
Bear Clan - Neanderthal
Wolf Clan - Cro Magnon - Northern
Devourers of Men - Homo Erectus

Desert:
Sons of Sol - Cro Magnon - Eastern
Akaza Clan - Cro Magnon - African

Plains/River Lands:
Beast Clan - Cro Magnon - (Undecided)
Men of the Plains - Cro Magnon - European
(Undecided name) - Cro Magnon - Native North American

Isolated Islands:
(Unecided Name) - Cro Magnon - Aboriginal
(Undecided Name) - Cro Magnon - Asian
(Undecided Name) - Cro Magnon - Native South American

Development Screenshots

PoLgpGR.jpg
bDZuAZZ.jpg
PZBAB62.jpg
IKNCtYn.png
QulL4h5.jpg
Lvp7H4s.jpg
ErQp50K.jpg

Poll Results

UvGPPp5.png

q2Lp8fy.png

Credits

Current Development Team
Zarthas & Tyden (Bit of everything)
Cap.Nikollas (Scripting, Modelling)
PrinceOfJudah (Historical Research)

Contributors & Honourable Mentions
Original Dawn of Man contributors! -
Verbeek - All of the great splash and menu artwork!
-I-Y-I-O-R-T- - Ridiculous number of textures and meshes.  All the people, and several items.
SirNight33 - Cool spear and hide shield models
Dain Ironfoot - Capes and cloaks OSP.
Highlander - A bunch of animals, and the weapons from the original Paleolithic mod.
Voutare - Stuff from paleolithic mod
HokieBT - Helping out with the script for the Beast Rider system.
Sibylla - Hair meshes
J6oe - A spiked club model
Hairfree - Music Set
Brytenwalda Team, especially Brust - Boarskin model, being cool dudes generally​

Dawn of Man Mod Curse:
Dawn Of Man:
August, 2009 - Zarthas' computer is damaged during a storm, destroying my monitor.  Computer works for a few days, then the HD makes a croaking noise and dies.
October 2009 - Begin Mod work on a second PC.  It crashes.  Move to a laptop.  My dog knocks it off a table and destroys the screen.
November 2009 - Move to a third machine,  Begin work.  Windows has to be reinstalled twice.
January 2010 - SirNight's HD crashes while working on models for Neolithic Mod.
End of January 2010 - SirNight's entire PC crashes while working on models for NM, and my PC won't boot due to a virus.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dawn of Man Reborn, Redone, Remastered:
End of September 2014 - I (9jakub9) break my leg resulting in halting work for a few weeks, as soon as i go back to work i realise that i am working with the wrong version of M&B which forced me to restart.
Numerous other undocumented things have happened to me in continued development of this mod, including my laptop literally melting to the point beyond repair. However as of April 2016, the mod
is still under development and the curse is broken... or is it?

Old Dawn of Man page with all credits: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67009.0.html

This page is still not done and i will continue it later once i have more resources to add here.

This sounds fun, but if i remember your comments, were you not making another mod by yourself? If so, hows that going? im rellitavly new to modding and have insane bad luck and will hit every error in the road, so im not much help, but this sounds interesting concept for warband. When i think Dawn of Man, i think Dinos. Will there be a t rex i can ride into battle. Please say yes.

Omg I will love you if you do this. Its a perfect mod idea and it can turn out to be a great mod! It will be a lot of work, last time I tried to play it was a buggy mess far far far from completion. I have no skills but I hope you find a good team!

I think I tried this once but had a bug where i couldn't damage or by damaged by anyone, great concept though. best o luck

Average said:
This sounds fun, but if i remember your comments, were you not making another mod by yourself? If so, hows that going? im rellitavly new to modding and have insane bad luck and will hit every error in the road, so im not much help, but this sounds interesting concept for warband. When i think Dawn of Man, i think Dinos. Will there be a t rex i can ride into battle. Please say yes.

Well this is the mod that i was on about in the comments, 100% legal and i have all rights to it. So as you see, it is going along well :smile:

Average said:

Well about your dinos, well there was not much dinos left in the neolithic period HOWEVER there was some crazy animals, some will be mountable :smile:

I am on a good way to reviving the mod. The mod is so out of date and bugged out that basically i am remaking it. Some of the weapons models also either shifted texture co-ordinates or were textured badly so i will be remaking the models too with a little bit more smoothing.

Good luck with this. I had always wanted to try the original, but it never wanted to work properly, so I couldn't enjoy it at all. Hopefully this will turn out awesome, with a lot of excellent neolithic scenes.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Good luck with this. I had always wanted to try the original, but it never wanted to work properly, so I couldn't enjoy it at all. Hopefully this will turn out awesome, with a lot of excellent neolithic scenes.

Thanks for the good luck, about the scenes, yes that is one of the big focuses and will be done however it will be one of the final things to do.

I kind of stumbled upon a hard historical problem. The mod is based on the neolithic/early chalcolithic period of prehistory and as you may know in the mod we have multiple species of men which kind of causes a problem here as in the neolithic era the only specie of man that survived was the homo sapien. It is the paleolithic era that had different species of men roam the planets however if i suddenly switched back to the paleolithic period then i would have to remove a lot of items and towns. So my idea to make the mod loosely set around the late neolithic period and include the paleolithic species, that would be the only historically incorrect thing in the whole mod. Tell me what you people think about this and if you have a different suggestion then tell me.

Just for some people:

Paleolithic period - Not much people, only small hunting communities and people in caves.

Late neolithic/early chalcolithic - First larger communities of men, war is a thing on a larger scale and agriculture is invented.

I could also shift this a little bit more towards the late chalcolithic period aka copper age, depends on what you people want, just say below.

Keep it to the middle/late of the Neolithic period. You could have it that homo sapiens are the dominant species and only a small fraction of the earlier species have survived up till the mod start (which I am sure is what happened, homo sapiens haven't expanded very far and some earlier species could have survived in the more remote regions).

Good luck. I've been looking forward to this mod's completion since I first heard of it. Glad you are bringing it back to life.

I'd say stay out of the Metal Ages too, not even copper (maybe some copper gear could be a reward for a quest revolving around the discovery of metalwork or something but that woud be it). In this kind of Prehistoric setting I am not much for absolute historical accuracy, I think a bit of goofiness is in order to make it fun, so you should definetely keep the different species. Just make them techcologicaly more primitive so they are more Paleolithic-like while sapiens are already in the Neolithic.

Huh, I posted my opinion about copper weapons. (i said yes, itd be at the time right when they were invented, so make them rare and for high tier troops), and i come back several hours later after my trip to the Football hall of fame, and its not there. Sorry bout that.

Volkonski said:
Keep it to the middle/late of the Neolithic period. You could have it that homo sapiens are the dominant species and only a small fraction of the earlier species have survived up till the mod start (which I am sure is what happened, homo sapiens haven't expanded very far and some earlier species could have survived in the more remote regions).

Nods in agreement.

Very nice conecpts, thanks for this it will really aid me.

I am having some difficulties with porting the heads and body models, they all show up as default however a lot of items have been done.

9jakub9 said:
Very nice conecpts, thanks for this it will really aid me.

I am having some difficulties with porting the heads and body models, they all show up as default however a lot of items have been done.

Will we get another sneak peek at the weps :wink:

Back
Top Bottom