SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

While these Pics are however more off from the eastern stoneage in Anatolia, Syria and Mesopotamia. I just know that the walls from the first pics were used in around 2000 BC in other parts of europe.

What about weapons? Because swords wouldn't of being made yet.

Perhaps you could add a rock to hit people with, or a stick to wack people with. Here are some weapons:

A5HA9c2.jpg

f2EPcIh.jpg

Ym99hb8.jpg

WjaCumQ.jpg

x5dDX6J.jpg

Some objects could have cave paintings on.

JHgTXQr.jpg

zEj2bhp.jpg

If you could add this, then it would be amazing, but there could be animals roaming around on the map and you can engage them to kill them and take them as food. As an alternative to buying food from cities (which I think should be removed in this mod).

0DxQhzu.jpg

nK7wrJu.jpg

I'd love to see an economy based off trade instead of money/currency. I'm not an expert on neolithic societies by any means, but it'd encourage people to do something besides kill people.

Cynfar said:
While these Pics are however more off from the eastern stoneage in Anatolia, Syria and Mesopotamia. I just know that the walls from the first pics were used in around 2000 BC in other parts of europe.

I only made a superficial search but the second pic is from Romania I think, and the last one is from Spain (Los Millares)

The Mighty McLovin said:
If you could add this, then it would be amazing, but there could be animals roaming around on the map and you can engage them to kill them and take them as food. As an alternative to buying food from cities (which I think should be removed in this mod).

I think roaming animals were in the plans from the start actually.

I have an idea, don't know whether it is good or not: add a feature where you have to craft your own clothes (obviously you'll start with starter clothes), weapons and everything in the game. It would be realistic but I don't know if it would be.... annoying?

Teofish said:
Probably would be if it was forced on you as the only way to do it. I'd love to have it as a an optional feature though.

Yeah. There could be two options for gameplay:

Normal - Just a normal version, you can buy clothing and and food from towns.
Realistic - You have to craft clothing, food, weapons etc etc.

Or perhaps there could be options to enable and disable realism features from the game. Like in Viking Conquest.

The Mighty McLovin said:
Teofish said:
Probably would be if it was forced on you as the only way to do it. I'd love to have it as a an optional feature though.

Yeah. There could be two options for gameplay:

Normal - Just a normal version, you can buy clothing and and food from towns.
Realistic - You have to craft clothing, food, weapons etc etc.

Or perhaps there could be options to enable and disable realism features from the game. Like in Viking Conquest.

Might do 2 seperate versions for this.

That sounds counterproductive. Most people will enjoy being able to craft, but not having to be reliant on it through the entire game. (Which just so happens to go on forever.) :razz:

Teofish said:
That sounds counterproductive. Most people will enjoy being able to craft, but not having to be reliant on it through the entire game. (Which just so happens to go one forever.) :razz:

I don't think the castles, towns, villages etc should be viewable straight away. You have to search for them, because you wouldn't have a map and you wouldn't be able to find a rock on Earth/Calradia that easily. I think they should be secret, and you can find them while looking (it becomes easier with path-finding and searching skills). If they are on a different faction, you could raid them giving you armour, money, weapons etc.

You could also have the option of serfs following you as your reputation builds up. They can build new armours, new weapons and stuff like that. It'll save you a lot of time.

And you could replace Villagers to be Hunters. They'll supply the factions marketplaces with new armour, weapons and other stuff. Of course, there will be other Hunters you can hunt down, from other factions, and take their resources.

I hope these are good counter-acts to repetitiveness.

I'd actually really like having the option for pure realism, as I will prefer to craft stuff. The normal version could maybe then offer both.

Also will we now have the nomadic people and the cannibalistic tribe? Or just the nomads?

As I see it, viallages could be resource camps dependant on a bigger settlement (the equivalent of castles or towns), each one producing just one or two resources. One could be a flint quarry (producing flint, tools and weapons), other a hunting camp (producing hides, clothes, meat and bone items), another one a fishing outpost near a river, or a coastal camp (producing fish and sea shells, used as ornament and trading commodity) etc. This is historically accurate and could be interesting ingame. Villager parties could be replaced by gatherers, and hunters could be the equivalent of patrols in other mods.

If some factions are already in the Neolithic side of things, with agriculture and all that, they could have proper villages.

HoJu said:
As I see it, viallages could be resource camps dependant on a bigger settlement (the equivalent of castles or towns), each one producing just one or two resources. One could be a flint quarry (producing flint, tools and weapons), other a hunting camp (producing hides, clothes, meat and bone items), another one a fishing outpost near a river, or a coastal camp (producing fish and sea shells, used as ornament and trading commodity) etc. This is historically accurate and could be interesting ingame. Villager parties could be replaced by gatherers, and hunters could be the equivalent of patrols in other mods.

If some factions are already in the Neolithic side of things, with agriculture and all that, they could have proper villages.

Sounds like a good idea.

If this were to be implemented I'd replace the 'Towns' with 'Settlements' and 'Villages' with 'Resource Camps'.

It's funny how everything that you guys said above is either already in the mod or is planned by me. With crafting i am taking an idea from a popular browser game called The West. In the west you never craft anything such as weapons or armors, instead you craft power ups and rare resources that can be sold for a good price on the market. That's what my idea would be. I also looked at the crafting in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I really like how crafting is unnecessary however it is an awesome thing to do as you can get yourself some cool looking clothing. This is kind of the idea of where i am going with this. Any objections? Just leave a post below. As of the gathering camps etc. I've found a feature removed from the game, it's the salt mine. You basically go over to the salt mine, add your prisoners and they generate you revenue so i am thinking of just changing the scripts a bit to make a salt mine an actual object that contains troops and can bee taken over and make it so that it generates wood in a chest if it's a wood camp or bone and meat if it's a hunting post. Ain't hard to do and it is a fantastic little feature to have. The scenes of the camps and mines will also contain objects which the player himself can obtain in larger quantities than serfs that work in the camps. Someone has also mentioned hunting somewhere up in the posts. There are parties of roaming animals already in the mod, what i'm doing is refining this feature and adding more animals that roam free. Anymore questions just ask away.

Back
Top Bottom