SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, take a look at them in comparison.
9jakub9 said:
fFq0Ook.png
9jakub9 said:
QulL4h5.jpg
I personally think it's a large improvement  :party:

TLD has a lot of cave-like props both for interior (tunnels, caverns and exterior scenes, and it's OSP so you should take a look at it if you haven't already. It also has some wooden and hide structures for the orc camps and such that could be useful too. Even a lot of the Dunlending weapons and armor.

TheVideoGameInn said:
Not at all, you just added more caves around it for bigger camps. You could add mammoth-bone dwellings or something else.

Actually just for the record the number of caves has stayed the same for the village and only 1 cave was added to the town to make it look more like a town. Just in case you didn't know (don't blame you if you didn't) those icons are for a clan of people that still live in the caves, i still only have a basic idea of the clans that will be in the final product therefore i cannot be sure if those icons will be suitable, maybe you will see something different in the next release. That's what alpha and beta stages are for and i'm using them to my advantage. :smile:

The Mighty McLovin said:
Me too.

This mod is gonna be great.. :smile:

Thanks for the support guys! :grin:

HoJu said:
TLD has a lot of cave-like props both for interior (tunnels, caverns and exterior scenes, and it's OSP so you should take a look at it if you haven't already. It also has some wooden and hide structures for the orc camps and such that could be useful too. Even a lot of the Dunlending weapons and armor.

Thank's for this, i will sure check it out.

matmohair1 said:
:wink: mammoth bone dwellings...

2475165833_8a46548694_o.jpg

greek-and-romans-intro-and-chapter01-9-728.jpg

DSC_0056-005.JPG

mammothbonehuts.jpg

1280px-Mammoth_House_%28Replica%29.JPG

1280px-Dwelling_made_with_mammoth_bones.jpg

dolniIMG_1893.jpg

Nice to see you back, thanks for the quality resources as always. They do come in very useful.

The poll is changing this evening, if you have just arrived and are reading this, please get your votes in fast. Thanks!

I'm not sure how legit this is, but this article talks about red haired "giants" excavated in a bat cave located in Nevada, USA. It talks about how Native American tribes eradicated some prehistoric tall humans.

https://ironlight.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/nevadas-mysterious-cave-of-the-red-haired-giants/

EDIT: I tried looking for more details and other sources suggest that it were giant sloths rather than another human species.

Slytacular said:
I'm not sure how legit this is, but this article talks about red haired "giants" excavated in a bat cave located in Nevada, USA. It talks about how Native American tribes eradicated some prehistoric tall humans.

https://ironlight.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/nevadas-mysterious-cave-of-the-red-haired-giants/

EDIT: I tried looking for more details and other sources suggest that it were giant sloths rather than another human species.

I figured out what i'm going to do with the giants. There will be only 1 giant in the game. He will be very powerful and the player will be able to have him in his army after a line of hard quests. This is not going to be some ancient magical creature, but instead a normal human with a rare condition. Just like Sultan Kösen, the current tallest living man in the world.

Teofish said:
André the Giant is best giant.

Oh dear... :grin:

Quick update guys over the last 2 days i've only worked on the map with an extremely buggy map editor which drove me mad. You will kill me for this but i really didn't have another choice... I have ripped off an already ripped off Mount and Blade 1.011 map and just added a desert and some trees to it so it looks more prehistoric because i honestly suck donkey doodle when it comes to making maps and there is nobody that can just whip out a map for me so i've done what had to be done hoping that everybody has forgotten the old Native map.  :cry:  :ohdear:  At least it's a good start for now, it's 'practical'.

Do you already know how sieges will work? Back then people didnt use siege equipment, nor am I sure if ladders existed and of course people didnt live in defended cities. Maybe a small wooden palisade, but that would be it I suppose.

Also I'd imagine a MultiPlayer Mode for this to be quite funny:grin:

Cynfar said:
Do you already know how sieges will work? Back then people didnt use siege equipment, nor am I sure if ladders existed and of course people didnt live in defended cities. Maybe a small wooden palisade, but that would be it I suppose.

Yeah i haven't thought about all of this that much yet. for the smaller settlements it's probably going to be just a bunch of spikes and barricades and for the more advanced ones some taller structures however there also will be assaults on stone walls with ladders for a specific faction.

EDIT: Multiplayer will come too with time... I am thinking of something like capture the rock or something i don't know. :grin:
What worries me the most is what happens if Bannerlord comes out before i release this...

Could be interesting to make seiging 'easier' than most mods, in terms of both the scenes and the internal mechanics. Make a high turnover of settlements a feature. Your neighbors are strong and pushed you out of your centres? Move on and push someone else out of theirs. Emphasize the nomadic/migratory aspect.

Prehistoric settlements would relay first in the terrain itself for defence, being atop of a cliff or accessible through a narrow pass only. This could be further enhanced by building an earth mound, palisades or crude stone walls
iii_60_grave_circle.jpg

cucuteni-trypillian-settlement-romania-moldova-ukraine-oldest-neolithic-civilizations-eastern-europe2.jpg

diminirecon.jpg
These are more elaborate, Copper-age walls
Los_Millares_recreacion_cuadro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom