SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

That could be included as a top tier armor set that is ridiculously expensive. If the barter system is still in then it should be equatable to at least a months supply of food.

I had this idea a couple of weeks back but I have not been working on it since then. I made a map and a few models but they are based on the scandinavian stone age.

Where does the mod take place? Is it Africa?

von_lidl said:
I had this idea a couple of weeks back but I have not been working on it since then. I made a map and a few models but they are based on the scandinavian stone age.

Where does the mod take place? Is it Africa?

I think itd be cool if it took place at the Beringia Land Bridge. So like an Asia/North America kinda deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beringia

Vote locked, metalurgy not discovered wins. I will instead add different types of rocks with obsidian being the top tier weapons. Pictures of new weapons will come soon.

:idea:

MT1eQb.jpg

03QLv8.jpg

8UORnY.jpg

7mV5m8.jpg

matmohair1 said:

Why would i troll haha, it is fully working, fully rigged and in-game, i have a few other things in here like a rideable mammoth, elephant, some more dinos etc.

Working on some weapons from the images that you have sent to me, they are very very helpful and i am greatful for all of your support.

I posted a sudden dinosaur just to show you guys that i am not just saying that work is being done but that it is actually all under construction. I am still looking through the old models and fixing what
is either completly **** or just mispositioned due to the mod being for an older version of M&B. I have noticed that a few good models have been textured lazily and therefore look strange or that some weapons are just plain and lack essential details and that is what i am trying to improve here. I am focusing on making "sets" of armor/weapons if you know what i mean eg. stone axe, stone spear, stone knife, flint axe, flint knife... etc.

If you people could send me some suggestions about factions i would bee greatful.
One faction that will for sure stay is the "Eaters of the Dead". I might change the name later to something more scary.

PS: Guys please vote for giants, i want them myself!  :grin:

It's your mod build, if you want the giants then at least go for the top poll choice. Shouldn't be too hard for folks to ignore if they aren't keen on the idea. Same with the metallurgy quest idea if you want that in, nothing forcing people to seek it out.

Since there's dinosaurs included then a dino-worshiping clan could work. The massive ones are definitely impressive enough to be worshiped (from a safe distance) as semi-divine. Or just a general "beast-master" tribe. 

Also volcano-worshipers is another classic trope. Give them torches, fire arrows, things like that. (Isn't obsidian related to volcanoes? My geology isn't great.)

As for the cannibals, you're right that "Eaters of the Dead" doesn't sound too intimidating. Everybody eats dead things! Skin Eaters maybe? Hmm. It's quite hard to think of what would be scary to cave-men.

Edited for spelling mistakes.

I think the Eaters of the Dead was intended to imply that they're eating their own 'dead'. As in, people of their tribe who died, intra-group cannibals.

And if you're going for a scary name for cannibals, you run the risk of sounding like you just ripped it off your local metal gig's setlist.

matmohair1 said:
:mrgreen: OK fair enough, would be great if giants where avaiable everywhere
while dinosaurs get discovered in a lost world scenario mission!

DSC_0074lisbon.jpg

IF there will be giants then it will be the other way around, dinosaurs are available everywhere and giants will be available only affter a series of hard quests from the mountain men. My reference for giants and their behaviour would be from Skyrim/Game of Thrones.

monstersmap.gif

:grin: how about the dinosaurs being Living cryptids!
here are a few cool examples...

dinomap.gif

Mokele-mbembe

mokele+mbembe1.jpg

Roy%2BMackal%2527s%2Bbook%252C%2BA%2BLiving%2BDinosaur.jpg

Dinosaurios-Mokele-mbembe-Ness-Escocia-Ambas_LRZIMA20120113_0049_4.jpg

hill-prehistoric-survivors-fb.jpg

Mokele1.jpg

Mokele-Mbembe_back.jpg

Mokele-Mbembe_front.jpg

mokele_mbembe_by_aranthulas-d4ju3vw.jpg

Emela-ntouka / Ngoubou

3123105-5292428452-Congo.jpg

dinoroidSPL0509_468x283.jpg

tumblr_lygirm8Mrf1r6ti0go1_500.jpg

Styracosaurus_BW.jpg

Emela-ntouka,+2nd+Thibault+drawing,+in+journal+congolais.jpg

3123113-3250970029-emela.png

Emela-ntouka,+Richard+Svensson.jpg

Emela-nouka,+sculpture+and+sketch+comparison.bmp

Emela-ntouka,+David+Miller-Roy+Mackal.jpg

Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu / Muhuru / Makara

muhuru.JPG

Mbielu-mbielu-mbielu%252C%2BDavid%2BMiller-Roy%2BMackal.jpg

Angkor%2BWat%2Bliving%2Bstegosaur%2Bpainting%252C%2Blater%2Bversion%252C%2BMichael%2BJ%2BSmith.JPG

DSCF0325.JPG

Burrunjor

8966320.jpg

burrunjor-book-cover.jpg
IfDino.jpg

Burrunjor_1.jpg

Burrunjor_image.png

Hogback lizard / Lone Pine Mountain Devil

hogback5.JPG

Pine.jpg

Size.gif

Partridge Creek Beast

Monster+of+Partridge+Creek+2.JPG

Partridge-Creek-Monster-Je-Sais-Tout-15-April-1908-1.jpg

Partridge_creek.jpg

Kongamato / Ropen / Olitiau

Kongamato_front.jpg

Kongamato_back.jpg

11.Kongamato+attack.jpg

12.Olitiau.jpg

Dirawong

Dirawong.jpg

Diraa.jpg

Arica Monster: is said to look exactly like the Utahraptor you showed  :cool:

9jakub9 said:

dino.gif
:wink: & here comes the brainstorming...

:arrow: http://www.dinosaur-world.com/weird_dinosaurs/0-weird-dino-home.htm

aIveVu.jpg

I think i would rather stay with dinosaurs being available however they will be expensive and only 1 faction will have them which will be the beastmasters. About giants we will see how far the voting goes, if there is a small difference between people that want giants and people that don't then i will just add the giants in but make them an end-game secret.

I am looking for people that would do a few models, i made a lot myself however i can't just work on models, i need people to help me with texturing and modeling while i actually do some coding. If you would like to help me then just make some flint spears, chert tools, clubs and if you are more advanced armors/hats/boots. Thanks.

Here is a picture of my 3 most recent weapons of the 100+ that i've implemented in the past few days.

Lvp7H4s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom