SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Users who are viewing this thread

Some reference for banners, from actual rock paintings in Eastern Spain, dating from the upper Paleolithic to the early Neolithic. They show not only hunting scenes but the first instances of domesticated animals and even war, in a simple yet beautiful "stick-figure" style that I find very appealing and very fitting for banners (some of this figures are even today used as corporate logos for some companies). And it's easy to find copies with a white background, almost ready to use.

Cueva_arana.svg
im654801154-cazador%20y%20toro%20arriba%20ganado.jpg
fe6b83e5-c32f-4f2d-ae2f-46dd32c4c335.png
eGruposDMime.cgi

ARU.3-r.jpg

You can find loads more if you google "arte levantino"

HoJu said:
Some reference for banners, from actual rock paintings in Eastern Spain, dating from the upper Paleolithic to the early Neolithic. They show not only hunting scenes but the first instances of domesticated animals and even war, in a simple yet beautiful "stick-figure" style that I find very appealing and very fitting for banners (some of this figures are even today used as corporate logos for some companies). And it's easy to find copies with a white background, almost ready to use.

Cueva_arana.svg
im654801154-cazador%20y%20toro%20arriba%20ganado.jpg
fe6b83e5-c32f-4f2d-ae2f-46dd32c4c335.png
eGruposDMime.cgi

ARU.3-r.jpg

You can find loads more if you google "arte levantino"

Thank you for this, it will come in VERY useful, i only managed to find a few of these.

As to the other people, yes, i might add in permanent death, this would be a great option to add in. For the duels, i was thinking of copying or replacing the right to rule system and turning it into respect. The more respect you have, the higher the chance of persuasion is, the lesser chance of desertion and also the higher chance of other leaders taking you seriously. This will be obtainable by dueling highly respected leaders, helping out others and gaining lands. A duel will only be possible if there is enough controversy surrounding the leader for example. Your chief denies you lands which you have claimed, instead of "renouncing the oath" or what ever you will be able to do a trial by combat sort of thing. If you win and the chief decides to keep you in, the land is awarded to you, you gain respect and your king loses it, your king and the person who he wanted to give it to hate you. If the king decides to throw you out even though you won, the king loses more respect and his vassals start seeing him as a coward. If you somehow gain more respect than your current leader and you are still in his faction, he starts disliking you. You can use that situation to befriend other leaders in the faction and either duel and overthrow the chief or if some vassals are against you, split the clan between the old faction and your supporters.

This and the totem system are probably the 2 hardest coding tasks for me to handle so don't expect this anytime soon. I doubt it will be in the beta release however it is guaranteed in the final.

Guys what do you suggest for place names? I have no clue what-so-ever about how to name the places.

I'd think that people would name villages after what is special in the area they built it. Maybe try and find an indo-germanic dictionary and find some fitting words.

Just go for the easy and name them things like Bear Cave, Red Rock Quarry, Sunset Cove... no need to make up prehistoric languages. The same for the people names: Chief Boar Tusk, The Painted One, Hunter of Clouds... It may sound a bit too much native american but probably most hunter-gatherer peoples have names like this in their own languages.

Yea, I agree on that, but I would find it quite silly to see people called like this in english. I dont know if you maybe want to use different sources of proto-celtic words and maybe also proto-italic ones. I could provide you some links if you wish so.

I actually just like the idea of using simple English. The meaning is the important bit and the lcoals would know what all the names maent regardless.

How about a poll on it? We like polls  :grin:

Yeah for me names of people are not a problem. For the people in the desert i will use a middle-eastern name generator and for the people in the taiga i will use Viking names. It's the place names that trouble me. The desert peoples will have generated proper names since they are an advanced civilization but for the others i'm unsure. Maybe i will use place name generators to just come up with random names. Or use native american language translations.

Cordor said:
I got a serious question, Will we be able to ride mammoths ?

Maybe.

Cynfar said:
Oh god, noone said anything on here today. T-H-E.M-O-D.I-S.-D-E-A-D  :ohdear:

I was busy over the last few days, my buddy came from Poland so we were having some fun.

Well, if you could ride the mammoths surely you should be able to tame them first? They should be dangerous at first and you can die from them, but if you knock them unconscious then you can feed them stuff to tame them. I'm not really good at the taming idea, but I think it'd be good. It could also be enabled/disabled in the menu.

Also, bump.

The Mighty McLovin said:
Well, if you could ride the mammoths surely you should be able to tame them first? They should be dangerous at first and you can die from them, but if you knock them unconscious then you can feed them stuff to tame them. I'm not really good at the taming idea, but I think it'd be good. It could also be enabled/disabled in the menu.

Also, bump.

Perhaps a taming skill would be a good addition. If mammoths were tameable animals they would require around 8 or 9 taming skill as historically, they were fierce beasts.

I would not be surprised if howdahs derived from people attempting to ride mammoths.

Go ahead and make the mammoths lord of the ring's mumakil size. Oh the sheer joy of stomping people to death.

Slytacular said:
Go ahead and make the mammoths lord of the ring's mamluk size. Oh the sheer joy of stomping people to death.

Uggh!  The one thing I disliked most about the otherwise film trilogy was the ridiculously large elephants!

To be fair the Mûmakil were said to be towering behemoths rivalling the very walls of Minas Tirith. Mammoths should be kept at a reasonable size though. They were plenty big enough as they were.

Back
Top Bottom