B Medieval [WB] Crusaders Kingdom of Heaven

Users who are viewing this thread

Dagon19

Crusaders Kingdom of Heaven

Introduction:
Set between the second and third Crusades 12th Century - To be continued...

Factions:

Crusaders - Europeans and Saracens

Features:

.All new European, Crusader and Saracen Troop Trees.

.Christian and Saracen Pilgrims.

.New armours, weapons and horses.

.Hopefully camels.

.Historically accurate map of most of Europe, northern Africa

and Middle East (Jerusalem etc.)

.All new map icons, Towns and Cities.

.All new dialogue

.Historical characters - Lords, Amirs, Sultans and Kings

according to the timeline.

.All new quests.

.Priests & Imams.

.All new historical buildings - Mosques & Churches.

.Religion major part of the mod as it is set during the Crusades.

.New Arena Teams.

.Ship Travel & Sea Battles.

To Do:
New Weapons, Clothes and Armour models.
Retexture some native armours mainly surcoats for the crusaders. (Already Started)
Model historical Buildings.
Complete Map of Europe, North Africa and Middle East. (Already Started on that.)

Development Members:
Mod Leader: Dagon19 (Modelling, Texturing, Map Editor and Coding.)

New Features are to be added and/or changed.

Screenshots:
Hospitaller3.jpg
Hospitaller2.jpg
Hospitaller3.jpg

hospitaller-2.jpg

Templar.jpg
Templar-1.jpg
Templar2.jpg
teutonic-1.jpg
teutonic5.jpg
teutonic3.jpg
teutonic2.jpg
teutonic4.jpg

Credits:
Anardion - Crusader Banners

I am currently learning coding at the moment and am putting weapons and armours ingame and working on the map.

I fear that this will be doomed to death, unless you make something totally different. If I understood this correct you're simply going to do a clone of this idea, according to the features you're listing.

I suggest that you should focus into something smaller and/or fresh world, or help in other mod projects. Or simply do something improvements to the Native or something...

No it won't as I intend to have it more native-like and I can't join their mod as I don't understand russian at all also the fact that mine will probably be much smaller than theirs all I am going to do is have a whole new map, new lords and factions and I'll try and make new quests (change dialogue) also either I will dumb it down a lot to just the holy land or I will just stick to the whole europe idea and have the ability to go on a crusade like 1257ad did, Instead of saying this will be doomed to death some informative information would really help  :wink: Whether you think it will die straight away is your opinion not mine I didn't post this topic for nothing, Thanks anyway but I intend to continue on my mod.

PS: I did get some ideas from their mod but hey nothing wrong with that as it is the crusades and nothing else, Also there may be people who prefer theirs or might even prefer this one it's better having more than one option, at least I am trying to get something out there, as I could just as well make it all for myself while I know there are people out there begging for a crusader mod so I intend to give it to them.

Good luck mate.  :smile:

I humbly suggest you first start with the Holy land alone, and expand from there. Doing the whole of Europe is going to be more work than you might think, what with all the new troops, scenes, equipment, research, balancing etc for almost 30-40 almost unique factions.

That is how 1257ad started, othr focused first on baltic areas and then to central/western europe and ventured on from there to the whole map.

Or, maybe you can join the 1148 AD TW team. They were making a mod set in the 2nd crusade.

Dagon19 said:
No it won't as I intend to have it more native-like and I can't join their mod as I don't understand russian at all also the fact that mine will probably be much smaller than theirs all I am going to do is have a whole new map, new lords and factions and I'll try and make new quests (change dialogue) also either I will dumb it down a lot to just the holy land or I will just stick to the whole europe idea and have the ability to go on a crusade like 1257ad did, Instead of saying this will be doomed to death some informative information would really help  :wink: Whether you think it will die straight away is your opinion not mine I didn't post this topic for nothing, Thanks anyway but I intend to continue on my mod.

PS: I did get some ideas from their mod but hey nothing wrong with that as it is the crusades and nothing else, Also there may be people who prefer theirs or might even prefer this one it's better having more than one option, at least I am trying to get something out there, as I could just as well make it all for myself while I know there are people out there begging for a crusader mod so I intend to give it to them.

Good luck with your project then. I hope it turns out big some day.

ntb_15 said:
Good luck mate.  :smile:

I humbly suggest you first start with the Holy land alone, and expand from there. Doing the whole of Europe is going to be more work than you might think, what with all the new troops, scenes, equipment, research, balancing etc for almost 30-40 almost unique factions.

That is how 1257ad started, othr focused first on baltic areas and then to central/western europe and ventured on from there to the whole map.

Or, maybe you can join the 1148 AD TW team. They were making a mod set in the 2nd crusade.

I agree but I will still have to make the whole map anyway as I see it a bit difficult to add just israel and then add the other pieces of land so i'm going to make the whole map and just add the cities in the holy land (jerusalem, Antioch, Acre, Jaffa etc, and if it works out i'll add the rest in future releases, I will also consider the 1148 AD team but never heard of them before so I'll check it out thanks.

Looks good.. I suggest to add the Metal Sounds pack.. as it really increases the fun meter duing play.

maybe ask if you can use some of the models/textures from 1257 mod.. they have done a lot of fantastic work and may be generous enought to sponsor your mod.

And, Camels are released as OSP but I cant remember exactly which pack contain it. Good luck!

Yup am gonna try both in the mean time I'm just creating my own weapons for the mod and the jerusalem Icon (which is my first time modelling a city icon) I am definitely going to use the more metal sound mod also the arrow mod where you don't see brown streaks but actual arrows flying, and I hope to be able to use some textures from the 1257ad mod but it depends if I get permission  :wink: I'll check the camel thing out as I know it would be almost impossible to create and rig a good looking camel well actually really difficult but if there are better ones out there why not just them.

Awesome thanks checking it out right now I just finished watching Highelf's second coding tutorial it looks awefully complicated to code but it has to be done.

Back
Top Bottom