SP Medieval [WB] Crusader-way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realized that you didn't have a signature for the mod.

Now you do;

crusader.png

Put this code to your sig:
Code:
[center][url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67375.0.html][IMG]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6384/crusader.png[/IMG][/url][/center]

Alright, I'll put this question in a simple, straightforward format for the mod makers, for I simply want to know:

If you are placing the mod in the Holy Land, why do you wish to choose the timeframe after the Fourth Crusade, which revolved manly around Greece, Anatolia, and the City of Constantinople. It would be illogical to put it in the Holy Land, in my opinion, as most of the major events were occuring in the above places. So, just to hear your thinking on the matter, why choose after the Fourth Crusade in particular?

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Alright, I'll put this question in a simple, straightforward format for the mod makers, for I simply want to know:

If you are placing the mod in the Holy Land, why do you wish to choose the timeframe after the Fourth Crusade, which revolved manly around Greece, Anatolia, and the City of Constantinople. It would be illogical to put it in the Holy Land, in my opinion, as most of the major events were occuring in the above places. So, just to hear your thinking on the matter, why choose after the Fourth Crusade in particular?
At first, we are going to make ERE (Byzantine Empire) as a faction. At second, because it's our mod, not yours, so, we are making it as we like.
And please, leave our topic, we don't need your flood.
2Taehl
We have a "signatures" for the mod, but they are in russian..  :roll:

41768ccb8f48.jpg
So, thank you for your help!  :smile:

Gothic Knight said:
I would advise changing the mod name,because the 4th Crusade was definitely not the Way to Expiation,more like the way to Hell.
And I think the best name for our mod is "The Fourth Crusade", or something like that. Crusader: Way to Expiation is translation from russian name of the mod - "Крестоносцы: Путь к Искуплению"

Max_marksman said:
Gothic Knight said:
I would advise changing the mod name,because the 4th Crusade was definitely not the Way to Expiation,more like the way to Hell.
And I think the best name for our mod is "The Fourth Crusade", or something like that. Crusader: Way to Expiation is translation from russian name of the mod - "Крестоносцы: Путь к Искуплению"

I can think of a name Birth of the Latin Empire:Age of Dissension in Greece. What do you think?

Gothic Knight said:
I can think of a name Birth of the Latin Empire:Age of Dissension in Greece. What do you think?
Too long.
Btw,we need Python-programmers.
If you wish to help us - send me PM.

byfalkon said:
maybe kingdom of heaven is more logical :grin:

On the Fourth Crusade,ermm no. The Fourth Crusade included the sack of a Christian capital-Constantinople, and the fulfillment of the greed and vengeance of the Latins-who despised the Greeks,and the Venicians-Who wanted to take a hit at the ERE. Exactly how would Kingdom of Heaven be logical? The Latin Empire was the epitome of fallibility and human vice.

Some fresh news.
There will be no ERE. Here are some screens from the Map Editor:
SpikKGF7HA.jpg

73Hv3iEoFx.jpg

Tr3by0O6m7.jpg
Also, there will be camels in the caravans. All settlements will have names they had in XIII century, also, their names will be given on the language they belong (arabic, french, etc).

Max_marksman said:
Some fresh news.
There will be no ERE. Here are some screens from the Map Editor:
SpikKGF7HA.jpg

73Hv3iEoFx.jpg

Tr3by0O6m7.jpg
Also, there will be camels in the caravans. All settlements will have names they had in XIII century, also, their names will be given on the language they belong (arabic, french, etc).

Hmm,I think NikeBG expected that.Well, good luck with an Eastern mod.There should be many interesting factions to portray in the Middle East(Broken Crescent did the same thing basically,except they included the ERE,Kypchaks and Rajputs). Heh,if anyone wants to be a crusader,their faction will have a low chance of surviving if you guys are planning to do this historically,if not,then it will still be fun for the people playing your mod.

Gothic Knight said:
byfalkon said:
maybe kingdom of heaven is more logical :grin:

On the Fourth Crusade,ermm no. The Fourth Crusade included the sack of a Christian capital-Constantinople, and the fulfillment of the greed and vengeance of the Latins-who despised the Greeks,and the Venicians-Who wanted to take a hit at the ERE. Exactly how would Kingdom of Heaven be logical? The Latin Empire was the epitome of fallibility and human vice.
Nicetas Choniates, The Sack of Constantinople

. . . How shall I begin to tell of the deeds wrought by these nefarious men! Alas, the images, which ought to have been adored, were trodden under foot! Alas, the relics of the holy martyrs were thrown into unclean places! Then was seen what one shudders to hear, namely, the divine body and blood of Christ was spilled upon the ground or thrown about. They snatched the precious reliquaries, thrust into their bosoms the ornaments which these contained, and used the broken remnants for pans and drinking cups,-precursors of Anti-Christ, authors and heralds of his nefarious deeds which we momentarily expect. Manifestly, indeed, by that race then, just as formerly, Christ was robbed and insulted and His garments were divided by lot; only one thing was lacking, that His side, pierced bv a spear, should pour rivers of divine blood on the ground.

Nor can the violation of the Great Church [note: Hagia Sophia] be listened to with equanimity. For the sacred altar, formed of all kinds of precious materials and admired by the whole world, was broken into bits and distributed among the soldiers, as was all the other sacred wealth of so great and infinite splendor.

When the sacred vases and utensils of unsurpassable art and grace and rare material, and the fine silver, wrought with gold, which encircled the screen of the tribunal and the ambo, of admirable workmanship, and the door and many other ornaments, were to be borne away as booty, mules and saddled horses were led to the very sanctuary of the temple. Some of these which were unable to keep their footing on the splendid and slippery pavement, were stabbed when they fell, so that the sacred pavement was polluted with blood and filth.

Nay more, a certain harlot, a sharer in their guilt, a minister of the furies, a servant of the demons, a worker of incantations and poisonings, insulting Christ, sat in the patriarch's seat, singing an obscene song and dancing frequently. Nor, indeed, were these crimes committed and others left undone, on the ground that these were of lesser guilt, the others of greater. But with one consent all the most heinous sins and crimes were committed by all with equal zeal. Could those, who showed so great madness against God Himself, have spared the honorable matrons and maidens or the virgins consecrated to God?

Nothing was more difficult and laborious than to soften by prayers, to render benevolent, these wrathful barbarians, vomiting forth bile at every unpleasing word, so that nothing failed to inflame their fury. Whoever attempted it was derided as insane and a man of intemperate language. Often they drew their daggers against any one who opposed them at all or hindered their demands.

No one was without a share in the grief. In the alleys, in the streets, in the temples, complaints, weeping, lamentations, grief, the groaning of men, the shrieks of women, wounds, rape, captivity, the separation of those most closely united. Nobles wandered about ignominiously, those of venerable age in tears, the rich in poverty. Thus it was in the streets, on the corners, in the temple, in the dens, for no place remained unassailed or defended the suppliants. All places everywhere were filled full of all kinds of crime. Oh, immortal God, how great the afflictions of the men, bow great the distress!
Sorry for the slight OT, but I just felt I have to add it to the quote above.

Gothic Knight said:
Hmm,I think NikeBG expected that.
Well, yeah, it's quite logical - if the team had to make the Byzantine successor states (note, there was no Byzantium between 1204 and 1261), the Latins and the other factions seriously involved around the 4th Crusade, they'd basically open themselves so much work that the mod wouldn't be finished for at least half an year. Unless, of course, they would just neglect some of the factions and use vanilla/OSP items for them in order to speed things up. Which I'm sure they wouldn't want, as it would look quite strange next to the great work they've already done on the crusaders from the Holy Lands. So returning to a Near Eastern map is the logical thing to do. I only don't understand why they want to set it exactly two years after the Fourth Crusade. I mean, what's so special in that area for that year?

Btw, another possible name which would be quite neutral and close to the original could be f.e. "Crusader - Way to Glory" (the Crusaders did indeed fight for money and for glory and, also, if the player chooses the Muslims instead, he could then use the crusaders themselves as his own way for glory). That way, if you have to change the current sigs etc., you'd only need to replace "искуплению" with "славe" f.e. (sorry if the conjugation isn't correct).

Thank you for the quote-I love Nicetas, and I guess it was pretty logical,but I was excited that someone would have the courage to try to create the successor states(Also,you know ERE=Nicaea during that period). It is way more dynamic and less covered than other topics. Well,and the Eastern thing, if they plan on making it historical,the amount of work depends on how far they want to expand the map if they are still making an accurate mod.

Max_marksman said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:

At first, we are going to make ERE (Byzantine Empire) as a faction. At second, because it's our mod, not yours, so, we are making it as we like.
And please, leave our topic, we don't need your flood.

It would be nice if you got your facts straight before you told me to bugger off. But, as the others said, what is special about the two years after the 4th crusade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom