B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AiChichi said:
uh ?? ... really ... ?

then it should be totaly AAA mod

It isn't that simple. The mod was begun for M&B, but then pretty much restarted for Warband. As I understand it there have been many changes in people working on the mod as well, which has hindered things. Another way of looking at it is as a mod which has continued despite suffering the setbacks which usually end a mod project. The makers have persevered and are still trying to complete it, yet what do they get in return from their 'supporters'? Very little concrete help, and so the mod development continues slowly.

I'm not trying to bash on ya, but do you expect every single person in the community to contribute anything at all except support?

Luka_templar said:
matmohair1 said:
the Total War Hashashim aren't really assassins,
rather they look more like dismounted light mamluks...

Assassination%20of%20Nizam%20al-Mulk.jpg

Well thank you for demonstration, nice pictures :grin: but in MTW 2 unit description I read that these yours so called "dismounted light mamluks" were actually an assassins. I don't know much of them but maybe they were so skilled so they were recruted either for open battles and assassinations as well as sabotages.

The Ishmailies (a Shia sect) were called Hashashim by their enemies. Only a small number were assassins in the modern sense.  The Ishmailies had castles and lands with peasants so they also had the normal middle eastern troop types.

The sketch is based on the Assassination of Nizam al-Mulk from the Jami‛ al-Tawarikh by Rashid al-Din. (Ilkhanid)

MIRROR SITE
Assassination of Nizam al-Mulk from the Jami‛ al-Tawarikh by Rashid al-Din.

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

To me, it seems like they were a small state ruled by the old man of hte mountain, rather than a religious sect.

Tcherski said:
To me, it seems like they were a small state ruled by the old man of hte mountain, rather than a religious sect.

How do they call the Old Man of the Mountain in Arabic?

In Assasin's Creed it's Al-Mualim but that means Divine Master, I think.

xXBerethorXx said:
I'm not trying to bash on ya, but do you expect every single person in the community to contribute anything at all except support?

I don't expect more than a small minority to contribute, I have never helped with a mod myself, but some people have unrealistic expectations of highly anticipated mods such as this one and judge its progress (or lack of) unfairly, so I wanted to explain some of the factors behind the long period it has been in the making.

Tcherski said:
The two aren't mutually exclusive.  They were under the command of the Old Man of the Mountain, but they were highly religious Shiahs, and actually considered other practitioners of Islam the enemy.  They actually made treaties with the Crusaders and tried several times to murder Saladin. 

Wen't the Hashashin like the Senussi, putting their version of fun back in fundamentalist Islam?

Because I've always known both to be murderous fanatics, and thus should make playing them something of a catharsis.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Tcherski said:

How do they call the Old Man of the Mountain in Arabic?

In Assasin's Creed it's Al-Mualim but that means Divine Master, I think.
Al Mualim means THE TEACHER, the old man of the mountain is called Sheikh Aljabal.

I'm incredibly excited for this mod!
But it's only a matter of time, looking at recent posts, until there's a multiplayer clan for it named "TEH ASSASSINNNS" pretending to run the place.

Jarvisimo said:
I'm incredibly excited for this mod!
But it's only a matter of time, looking at recent posts, until there's a multiplayer clan for it named "TEH ASSASSINNNS" pretending to run the place.

yeah, mostly everybody here are incredibly excited.

even the modders.

and i just cant wait to wage a war upon the crusaders and all.
im gonna be the ultimate king.

Alot of mods release open betas and updates after updates, but still never finish. Then you're left with a half working, bug filled mod.

At least with this one, it will be a full release of an incredibly detailed module... Well worth the wait  :grin:

Nate884 said:
Alot of mods release open betas and updates after updates, but still never finish. Then you're left with a half working, bug filled mod.

At least with this one, it will be a full release of an incredibly detailed module... Well worth the wait  :grin:
ya right man? i cant wait
like its gonna be so cool
only another two years

Nate884 said:

well ,but this mod is in development for too long,i can tell.i was around when they started for the original M&B,its about 5 yeras .how you can be so sure that there will be no bugs,there are always some bugs and i rather try a almost done mod with some bugs in it,than waiting and waiting...till Bannerlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom