B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey de Ibelin said:
OK first off there needs to be a parental advisory on them screen shots cuz i just c*m on my keyboard... great work every1 who had something to do with this... Like every1 else i cant wait to play it..

Godfrey, I noticed in the HYW board you mention that you don't have Warband. Seeing your above post, it occurred to me that you might think that Way to Expiation was being made for M&B- I'm afraid it isn't. In the thread title, you will find '(WB)'. This is the common way of stating that the mod is for Warband. Sorry to give you disappointing news, but I thought you might as well know now than when the mod is released.

:wink: architecture

img153b.jpg

saracen army

8009.jpg

Seljuqs

5107049.jpg

Basic Kaftan riding costume design

picture.php

Hats

picture1sms.png

:cool: Medieval Shields Identification Guide  10th - 14th century

picture1dq.png

Description of appropriate shield functions - followed with cultural distribution if unique to a specific faction

A, B, C : cavalry / European

D : universal

E : infantry & skirmishers

F : infantry & crossbowmen

G : infantry / European

H, I : infantry

J : infantry / Roman

K : universal / Spanish & North African

L : light infantry

M : universal

:wink: helpful illustrations from the book "Travelers & Explorers" by IQRA TRUST

The Holy Land during the era of the crusades

img190u.jpg

Silk Road market place

img192.jpg

Venetian merchants

img193j.jpg
game of chess

img191y.jpg

sailors & travelers

img194r.jpg

matmohair1 thx again especially for "Travelers & Explorers" :grin:.
dia151 said:
can you show as a map if its finished, or atleast tell us which part of europe will cover,
Current map includes part of Egypt with Damietta without Red Sea, but it includes Dead sea, Jordania, Syria, part of Anatolia and part of Cyprus. There is no any part of Europe.
Der Einzige said:
Will there be multiplayer compatibility? Besides that looks absolutely great. :smile:
We will start working on multiplayer no sooner than singleplayer part will be released and fixed.
Brulis said:
But theres something i want to ask you, will their be more then just 6 faction?  i love so much when theres a huge challenge, more factions, more war, more castles, city and villages.

(its so bad when theres just 6 faction or less with almost no castles, city and villages.  Like in Native, in my last game, after 100 days in game, the khergit was already out, 250 days kingdom of nord was out... and the Vaegir et Swadia was contoling over 70% of the map.  That break all the fun we could get of a long game with huge wars)
well... even if you havent changed that, im gonna play your mod for sure :grin:
Factions list:
The Sultanate of Rûm
Union of Antioch and Tripoli
The Kingdom of Jerusalem
The Ayyubids Sultanate
The Order of Hospitallers
The Order of the Temple
The Teutonic Order
Assassins (almost neutral  :lol:)  All factions will be strong not because they have too much castles but they will have strong armies and garrisons.

Two quick pictures from my travels in the middle east (these are from my facebook), I can upload more in november/December when i am back at home.

I just copied wikileaks history of the castle but (and I know you won't) rely on that for facts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krak_des_Chevaliers
Cheers.

Krak De Chev in Syria:

crus1.jpg
The original castle was built in 1031 for the emir of Aleppo.[3] During the First Crusade in 1099 it was captured by Raymond IV of Toulouse, but then abandoned when the Crusaders continued their march towards Jerusalem. It was reoccupied again by Tancred, Prince of Galilee in 1110. The early castle was very different to the extant remains. It originally consisted of a single enclosure, coterminous with the inner ward (fortified enclosure) of the present castle. In 1142 it was given by Raymond II, count of Tripoli, to the Knights Hospitaller. It remained in their possession until it fell in 1271.[2]

Krak des Chevaliers was the headquarters of the Knights Hospitaller during the Crusades. It was expanded between 1150 and 1250 and eventually housed a garrison of 2,000.

In 1163 the fortress was unsuccessfully besieged by Nur ad-Din Zengi, after which the Hospitallers became an essentially independent force on the Tripolitanian frontier. By 1170 the Hospitallers' modifications were complete. In the late 12th and early 13th century numerous earthquakes caused some damage and required further rebuilding.

Saladin unsuccessfully besieged the castle in 1188. During the siege the castellan was captured and taken by Saladin's men to the castle gates where he was told to order the gates opened.

In 1217, during the Fifth Crusade, king Andrew II of Hungary strengthened the outer walls and financed the guarding troops. In 1271 the fortress was captured by Mamluk Sultan Baibars on April 8 with the aid of heavy trebuchets and mangonels, at least one of which was later used to attack Acre in 1291. However, to conquer the castle, Baibars used a trick, by presenting a forged letter from the Crusader Commander in Tripoli, ordering the defenders to surrender the castle. Otherwise, this immensely strong castle would probably never have fallen. Baibars refortified the castle and used it as a base against Tripoli. He also converted the Hospitaller chapel to a mosque.

Crusader Castle on the coast of Byblos Lebanon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byblos_Castle

crus2.jpg

Byblos Castle is a castle in Byblos, Lebanon. It was built by the Crusaders in the 12th century from indigenous limestone and the remains of Roman structures. The finished structure was surrounded by a moat. Saladin captured the town and castle in 1188 and dismantled the walls in 1190. Later, the Crusaders recaptured Byblos and rebuilt the ramifications of the castle in 1197.

Factions list:
The Sultanate of Rûm
The Kingdom of Jerusalem
The Ayyubids Sultanate
The Order of the Temple
The Teutonic Order

Is it really necessary to have 3 faction slots for monastic orders when there are more important Middle Eastern factions to add? Just asking because it's absurd that there are more European factions than there are Islamic factions in a setting that involves the Middle East. In fact, I'm reading about Georgia right now and it would probably be the strongest Christian state during this period.

Gothic Knight said:
Factions list:
The Sultanate of Rûm
The Kingdom of Jerusalem
The Ayyubids Sultanate
The Order of the Temple
The Teutonic Order

Is it really necessary to have 3 faction slots for monastic orders when there are more important Middle Eastern factions to add? Just asking because it's absurd that there are more European factions than there are Islamic factions in a setting that involves the Middle East. In fact, I'm reading about Georgia right now and it would probably be the strongest Christian state during this period.

Go back to your book , worm! Us men want to fight as order knights.

ShinyKnight said:
matmohair1 said:
The Holy Land during the era of the crusades
img190u.jpg
Why are all so happy in this picture? they were all going to die because of the christian invaders  :???:
They were happy because civilians had nothing to afraid durring the wars between states (islamic or christian)
until the invasion of the barbarian -christians by name only- west europeans invaded in Holly lands and start to kill
undefended people of all religions !
They were knights but they behaved like butchers!
Islamic world saw such barbarism for the 1st time in its timeline!
The revenge for the death of those undefended people was what we call a Jihad!
Before that Jihad was ONLY the spiritual war inside each man against evil!
Modern Jihad is the Crusaders legacy in the modern world.
The massacre of innocent people Crusaders taught to humanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom