B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of your speculation is pointless until ficus comes around. There is still the language barrier, there is a chance he may not even understand your question.

Shalictar Hammerfall said:
Most of your speculation is pointless until ficus comes around. There is still the language barrier, there is a chance he may not even understand your question.

If speculation is pointless, why is this thread really for? I made a point for people to discuss until ficus comes on and looks at it. If he does not understand the question, I will explain it better.  :neutral:

The thread is for showing the team's work, not your speculation. ficus is rare sight on here and only usually shows up to show more screenshot's of his work. That's why I will now refrain from posting anymore of his work. Until the next time he's around I suggest you find someone who is active on the russian forums and who can present
ficus/team member with your question. So that ficus or a team member may properly address it.

The siege towers are destroyable ... just seen a crusader movie and Saladin bring down Lionheart towers with some kind of boiling chemical in which was contain in small bags and men on walls top threw them which ignites and burn the towers...Not sure if this is true or not.

Naves Blade said:
The siege towers are destroyable ... just seen a crusader movie and Saladin bring down Lionheart towers with some kind of boiling chemical in which was contain in small bags and men on walls top threw them which ignites and burn the towers...Not sure if this is true or not.

Never trust movies 100%. Anyways it could possibly be some kind of early hand grenade with the gunpowder being imported. I had the thought of greek fire in a bag but that is doubtful, however it is plausible.

xXBerethorXx said:
Never trust movies 100%. Anyways it could possibly be some kind of early hand grenade with the gunpowder being imported. I had the thought of greek fire in a bag but that is doubtful, however it is plausible.
Agreed ! i am sure that was not hand grenade ... In the movie some kind of ancient alchemist says that he discovered a liquid ...But the point is how it even ignite without putting it on fire and simply by throwing it :/ so i guess it might be fake.

I look forward to the launch of the Crusader: way to expiation. but if lance is not broken as in mod 1257ad ears (I like it, it makes the game very realistic:smile:)

xXBerethorXx said:
Naves Blade said:

Greek Fire in a bag is in fact not plausible. It's a liquid, and most liquids would soak through a bag - most people wouldn't want a floor slick with Greek Fire  :lol:

Naves Blade said:
Agreed ! i am sure that was not hand grenade ... In the movie some kind of ancient alchemist says that he discovered a liquid ...But the point is how it even ignite without putting it on fire and simply by throwing it :/ so i guess it might be fake.

Greek fire is a very mysterious substance - it was a closely guarded state secret of the Byzantines, and although the Chinese, Mongols, and Arabs had similar substances, none of them were as good as Greek Fire. It is said that it could be lit and continue burning even under water, though I'm not sure if that's true. When a spark lands on it, the liquid ignites making "liquid fire", which could only be put out with sand, or vinegar. It would be shot through a tube with a fuse at the end, making Greek Fire the medieval equivalent of a flamethrower. There are a few sources saying it was thrown in grenades, but Greek Fire was only used by specially trained men, and even then accidents were frequent - I doubt grenades would have been used in large amounts, but there certainly could have been grenades or even barrels full of the stuff.  :wink:

Knave24 said:
xXBerethorXx said:
Naves Blade said:

Greek Fire in a bag is in fact not plausible. It's a liquid, and most liquids would soak through a bag - most people wouldn't want a floor slick with Greek Fire  :lol:

I never said it would be a cloth bag, they could've put it in a catapult pot or a mini-pot like a grenade, shot it at a seige tower, then ignited it which is very plausible and would surely light the tower on fire  :wink:

Knave24 said:
xXBerethorXx said:
Naves Blade said:

Naves Blade said:

Greek fire is a very mysterious substance - it was a closely guarded state secret of the Byzantines, and although the Chinese, Mongols, and Arabs had similar substances, none of them were as good as Greek Fire. It is said that it could be lit and continue burning even under water, though I'm not sure if that's true. When a spark lands on it, the liquid ignites making "liquid fire", which could only be put out with sand, or vinegar. It would be shot through a tube with a fuse at the end, making Greek Fire the medieval equivalent of a flamethrower. There are a few sources saying it was thrown in grenades, but Greek Fire was only used by specially trained men, and even then accidents were frequent - I doubt grenades would have been used in large amounts, but there certainly could have been grenades or even barrels full of the stuff.  :wink:

Well, these "Flamethrowers" are in Medieval2:TW for Byzantine faction and they are kind of flame-throwers.  I, personally, didn't use them in my campaing because in M2:TW they reload them too long so archers are better for me - but that is a game fact. However implementing these to this game would imbalance it, I think.

a wooden barrel coktail molotov (uncle rufus longtongue breavage, 5% fruit 95% alcohol), and a mangonel, and the siege towers are history.

Tom Bubu said:
Well, these "Flamethrowers" are in Medieval2:TW for Byzantine faction and they are kind of flame-throwers.  I, personally, didn't use them in my campaing because in M2:TW they reload them too long so archers are better for me - but that is a game fact. However implementing these to this game would imbalance it, I think.
Keep in mind that the Greek syphons (flamethrowers) were used (almost) only on ships or eventually (rarely) in sieges. If they were ever used in open field battles (rather doubtful), it would've been extremely rare (like one single case), thus that unit in M2TW was rather inaccurate.

NikeBG said:
Tom Bubu said:
Keep in mind that the Greek syphons (flamethrowers) were used (almost) only on ships or eventually (rarely) in sieges. If they were ever used in open field battles (rather doubtful), it would've been extremely rare (like one single case), thus that unit in M2TW was rather inaccurate.

Yeah, I think that too. They are innaccurate as you said, no-one in those ages would run a mass production of these weapons and equip with em a whole army. Too "unreal".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom