B Other [WB] Competitive-style combat AI - Playable version (0.2) out!

Users who are viewing this thread

NPC99 said:
Don't scatter them too much. Unmodded, Warband disintegrates too quickly into chaos. Formations kept men alive when they stood together.
They combat using a vicinity-based targeting system. It means they will run to closeby enemies, and they try to go for targets with less than two enemies (to prevent the "1 cav - 50 infs" incidents). It also centralises the combat, or rather becomes split up into roughly 4-5 groups with short distance between each other, based on the targetingcode I currently have. It means, centralised fighting, but not "200v200, but only 10 can attack" :grin:

My goal now, is to prevent this from happening:
WDQOimF.png
And create this:
BnSoVhY.png
And stretch the oval circle out until it finds a path that doesn't collide with teammates. I've not done this sort of math for, what, 4 years or smth? So hopefully I can make the math work :grin:

Wow, holy crap. I just looked at your videos, and that normalized vector pathing. WHAT?
I didn't know those dum-dum can even evade trees :lol:

Hope for the best!

Oliveran said:
NPC99 said:
Don't scatter them too much. Unmodded, Warband disintegrates too quickly into chaos. Formations kept men alive when they stood together.
They combat using a vicinity-based targeting system. It means they will run to closeby enemies, and they try to go for targets with less than two enemies (to prevent the "1 cav - 50 infs" incidents). It also centralises the combat, or rather becomes split up into roughly 4-5 groups with short distance between each other, based on the targetingcode I currently have. It means, centralised fighting, but not "200v200, but only 10 can attack" :grin:

That suits well for close quarter infantry, but what about pikemen with really tight formation? Have you thought of them? Normally in Native pikes are useless, but man imagine the ai actually doing their formation and attacks with coordination. I can dream.

And what about proficiency based combat? If the AI has lower than 100 proficiency, it will fight like crap. And it goes better on and on with better chances of blocking etc.

Ah, mind you I want to ask something. Will future version include setup, just like brainy bots. That it can be integrated to any mod? Sorry if it was asked before. I'm just too excited to see this mod in it's full glory!

Cokjan said:
That suits well for close quarter infantry, but what about pikemen with really tight formation? Have you thought of them? Normally in Native pikes are useless, but man imagine the ai actually doing their formation and attacks with coordination. I can dream.

And what about proficiency based combat? If the AI has lower than 100 proficiency, it will fight like crap. And it goes better on and on with better chances of blocking etc.

Ah, mind you I want to ask something. Will future version include setup, just like brainy bots. That it can be integrated to any mod? Sorry if it was asked before. I'm just too excited to see this mod in it's full glory!
There's a lot of things that could potentially be done. I'd never have a finishline, if I were to take all things into account. I'll take one step at a time, and move things along as I see them fit. For now, no plans of 'proficency based combat' is planned, as I'm not even done with pathing yet. No thoughts or plans on integration, apart from sharing the source code, is planned either.

Things will come out as they appear (for an example, I must ofcourse handle pikemen differently); but for now I'm just working on general pathing and basic melee combat.

I'm done implementing the old things I added. I'm almost done with a basic pathing algorithm for open maps, using the most efficent path based on nearby teammate and enemy positions. After that, I'll implement it for closed quarters (which may or may not be more complicated, not sure how hard it is to make it walk around in closed areas).

Coming with an example video in the upcoming days :smile:

Smiley_ said:
put those bots in the Vexed Native mod pl0x

That would be up to you to do yourself.
As well as the developers of individual Warband mods, in some cases with the conjunction with Oli, but still on their behalf.

This looks truly great. I remember that there was another mod like that. I think it was Doghotel Brainy Bots.

Good luck with the mod.

creuzet said:
This looks truly great. I remember that there was another mod like that. I think it was Doghotel Brainy Bots.

Good luck with the mod.
Thanks. Though it's wastly different from Brainy Bots.

I've actually written the actual pathing code, I'm getting the support and work of AgentSmith to support functionalities to allow the script to run at optimal performance in his edition of WSE (which I might add once again, this project would not be possible without his work). Once done, all I got left is to make sure it works for any open areas with some testing (might ask for community help to find problems in the pathing around certain objects) and I'm all set to start making it useable for mods :grin:

Ruthven said:
Any updates on this?
Hey! Yes. I've had a lot on my plate at the end of the May and start of June, so I've not been able to put in the same progress I had at the start.

I'm making a multiplayer module for tournament servers, along with quiting my old job and looking for a new job; as well with everything else going on. I've simply not had the same 2-3h / day to code on as usual.

I've however not stopped coding it. I'm basically done with the pathing (just fixing a few bugs and doing some implementation for dodging objects)! I do not, however, have any videos yes as those few bugs are quite a hazzle for the AI to path through, so will need to fix those before showing anything. The complexity of the pathing was a bit overwhelming at the start, so I've needed time to learn to do it and understand how to code it.

I'm right now also making the AI aim the swings not only just below your throat, but at different body parts (see: legs, head, stomach) to make the melee feel more alive due to the AI basing it more on aiming :party: And have a few ideas on how to implement the mod's functionality with singleplayer, so you could perhaps change the ratio of which an AI fails a block and so on.

Who needs bannerlord when you have this! :p
all i wanted was harder bots anyway x)

I could really use bots that can aim for my mod. What code could I add for that? My mission template is already full of so much code I dont know if I could handle all of it, but the aiming portion would be awesome. Thanks, this is for the Blood for Land and Butterlord mods.

elcapo29 said:
I could really use bots that can aim for my mod. What code could I add for that? My mission template is already full of so much code I dont know if I could handle all of it, but the aiming portion would be awesome. Thanks, this is for the Blood for Land and Butterlord mods.
Hey, atm it's not using any module system code. It's using the latest WSE version, that allows me to code in Lua. The archercode is what I'm working to perfect atm; I'm almost done (as it required quite some complex 3D projectile motion codes + testing it enough to make it work). I could however help you set it up once I'm done with the aiming code, but you'll have to wait a little while longer (3-4 days, I hope, at the longest) for me to be done with it.

The improvement will be that it can aim "in front of" targets, predicting it's motion.

Check Vyrn OSP or Oli's MS if he ever publishes, think there was even one guy on forge who put some advanced AI codes.

Most of the work is involved with mission_templates.

Back
Top Bottom