B Other [WB] Competitive-style combat AI - Playable version (0.2) out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ramaraunt said:
Reminds me of my Ultimate Combat OSP. Very nice work! You can look at my code if you want, it contains shield bashing stuff as well as a decapitation system.
I don't want to make the mod 'realistic' or contain non-Native based functionalities. If there's anything Native-only (i.e. no unique functionalities) you got going, I'd be glad to take a look at anything I can scavenge :smile:

Oliveran said:
Efe Karacar said:
Actually, all they need is your code adjusted for the proportions of the custom skeletons TLD has.
Yeah. They had done that, apparently, but not used the correct code to alter the aim properly. Gave my aim code to them, so they should be able to fix it.

Some heroes wear capes, while others simply bear the name Oli.

Do you plan to share the source code? Not begging for any implementation, just really curious how you accomplished something extraordinary like this.
Anyway, really good job  :grin:

Airbar said:
Do you plan to share the source code? Not begging for any implementation, just really curious how you accomplished something extraordinary like this.
Anyway, really good job  :grin:
Oliveran said:
Once it's done, I'll release source so it can be added to mods.

Thanks!

I'm also planning on, once it's done, ask other modders for help with compiling up a proper "Native-based" mod.

Sorry, must have missed that part. Yeah, I know a lot of mods having problems with the aiming in the game. Always thought there got to be a way to fix that part of the game, so I'm eagerly awaiting the source code :smile:

Airbar said:
Sorry, must have missed that part. Yeah, I know a lot of mods having problems with the aiming in the game. Always thought there got to be a way to fix that part of the game, so I'm eagerly awaiting the source code :smile:
I can share the aimcode with you as it is right now, if you want; though I'd prefer to release a product with proper archery targeting, based on distance, archery skill and so on.

To get to the current solution for pathing I have now, I will simply force the AI into only use my pathing code when they're "charging". Holding a line will make the AI function normally (slightly step out of their line to attack, move back if they're too far away from the line). Example:

Take note of the commands issued, and look at what each AI does (AI's out of range in the line of troops, don't move forward because they're told to hold a line), and how it changes when I issue the 'charge' command (those out of range are free to move again, going into my pathing AI code). Also note the target switching (they change based on the closest enemies, and how many teammates are targeting that enemy currently, to not "clump" too much on any single given enemy).

I will alter the turnrate, later on, so if they turn to attack you, you must react faster (like a normal player in multiplayer)!

Khamukkamu said:
That's amazing. WHat do you mean by, "those out of range are free to move again, going into my pathing AI code"
"Infantry, hold here!" - the AI does not use my pathing AI, stands still in the line
"Infantry, charge!" - the AI uses my pathing AI

Looks amazing so far.

Any possibility of adding customization options to things like block chance, hold time, feint chance etc. like Brainy Bots?

Due to performance issues with over 100v100, I'll have to rewrite the code into using WSE (Lua edition), which means it'll take ~1 week before I can continue to move the project forward, due to the code migration.

Once done, the project will move along much faster than when I worked in the module system, so hopefully I'll be done faster than anticipated. :party:

Just wanted to throw in an update on my current progression... I've re-written the melee (attack/block) and targeting ("who do I attack next") code. I compared the performance with my Lua code, to the ModSys code, and ended up with no longer having the game freeze 1 second, for every 3 seconds, and having no FPS drops (compared to being @~3-4 fps).

Just throwing in a YT video here to show it. I'm really happy with the performance, and as I only got pathing and archer-targeting left before I'm back on track and am already running the "heaviest" code without having any lags what-so-ever anymore :cool:

Back
Top Bottom