B Other [WB] Competitive-style combat AI - Playable version (0.2) out!

Users who are viewing this thread

?️NS Marko said:
My reliable sources say that the AI Meshes are going well now  :smile:
I wonder who that source is :roll:

NPC99 said:
Good luck with the AI meshes, they can be quite fiddly.

For your archer targeting, how differently have you treated bows and crossbows? Presumably the crossbow code will also work for mods with firearms once you've released an OSP version.
It should work for any 'ranged' weapon. Unless firearms are somehow treated differently (I don't think they are?), it should work.

I've not treated any of them differently. Both crossbows and archers don't want to fire on too many of the same targets. I.e. the archers will not go for more than 2 or 3 per enemy, at max, unless there's more archers than enemies by default in which they'll be given free reign.

Oliveran said:
?️NS Marko said:
My reliable sources say that the AI Meshes are going well now  :smile:
I wonder who that source is :roll:

NPC99 said:
Good luck with the AI meshes, they can be quite fiddly.

For your archer targeting, how differently have you treated bows and crossbows? Presumably the crossbow code will also work for mods with firearms once you've released an OSP version.
It should work for any 'ranged' weapon. Unless firearms are somehow treated differently (I don't think they are?), it should work.

I've not treated any of them differently. Both crossbows and archers don't want to fire on too many of the same targets. I.e. the archers will not go for more than 2 or 3 per enemy, at max, unless there's more archers than enemies by default in which they'll be given free reign.

Sounds good. Firearms will still be interchangable with crossbows if you've only corrected aiming.

With mercs & peasants,
trying out this mod, it crashed
on the starting quest.

As soon as my Hired Blades & Rhodok peasants won the victory over the 4 looters, it crashed.

onepostpony said:
With mercs & peasants,
trying out this mod, it crashed
on the starting quest.

As soon as my Hired Blades & Rhodok peasants won the victory over the 4 looters, it crashed.
Hey, it's obviously at a testing phase where a few things are problematic still. To prevent crashes from happening too often, once you exit a fight, wait ~2-3 seconds for the text "Killing myself (melee AI)", so you know you can safely leave the battle without any crashes happening.

By the 'official release' that should come pretty soon, this should be fixed.

Hey, I just found out about this project and it seems like it will be a must have. Though I do have some questions:
-will the archer fix affect horse archers?
-will it work on macs? (yes I'm one of those people)

Anyway, good luck!

Hi Oliveran,

When do you think you will be closing out the "Spearmen targetting cavalry" aspect of the version?
Looking to utilise this AI in an idea I have pretty soon.

Can you give us a status update?

This is great, @Oliveran thanks for this great mod Combat AI (and BrainyBots), I tested it in a battle with around 400 NPCs and it is a major improvement, no more "the enemies always forward" issue, NPCs will track enemies better.

I reached this, searching for AI related mods and formations, seems the most complicated part for modders as AI behaviour is hardcoded and very CPU intensive (I am a newbie on M&B modding so... I don't know pretty much either for now)

I saw a tool (more like a framework) called WSE => Warband Script Enhancer - Lua Edition (WSE Lua), I have Lua and C++ skills and I am interested on learning, while I wait for Bannerlord :grin:.

Interesting topics here too, you mentioned some kind of "Navmesh" or AI mesh with Edit Mode, very interesting :wink:
Make the bot AI better
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=373280.0

I think about a little mod with "stamina" for player and NPCs to manage how frequently they could attack, and how a perfect block (chamber block?) or a simple block affects to that frequency. (The vanilla Warband poor AI setting is too poor and slow), the good AI is too fast and unreal, so some stamina variable could add some  "enemies will not attack as maniacs", but I don't have (for now) the knowledge to implement this... on Warband so I wonder...

Would be this possible?, I hope this WIP continues because it is very interesting.
Another thing like, mapping a matrix of NPCs which must maintain minimum distance to each other (better massive battles, better together formations and movements.) Could this be implemented via Lua and WSE?
Where I could get some documentation around WSE (C++ or Lua)?, thanks.

As a final question, even considering this is a WIP, could I install it on a total conversion? Is it only for Native Warband?
And how to disable debug or logging (mod red messages)
Thanks in advance.

Working great, getting killed a lot. Is there a way to give the multiplayer bots this ai or do they already and I'm just not noticing?  :?:

I still prefer BrainyBots over this for singleplayer, mostly because it's got adjustable difficulty settings and it doesn't literally take a minute of patient chipping down to kill a bot. I also play Prophesy of Pendor to be fair, where the proficiencies are at crazy levels anyway. I don't really like BB either tbh, since it literally doesn't allow any feinting at all or any other maneuvers you'd use in competitive play (the AI is pinpont accurate with its timing and full on aggressive with its footwork, and with the crazy proficiencies it can swing faster than you can feint anyway).

I like the Archer AI aspects of this.

In general, though, this is aaawesoomee. I wish AI like this was in the released product, had always been, because the overall skill level in the community would be so much higher

hey sorry for the necro but I really want to use this mod and when I try to launch it refuses to work and says I'm running an unsupported version of Warband and also says WSE only supports version 1.170, anyone got some help?

Any chance of adding scalability with weapon proficiency like brainy bots? That way a peasant feels like a peasant and a trained soldier feels buff and skilled.

Back
Top Bottom