SP Modern [WB] Civil War in Russia 1917-1922 start porting to Warband and recruiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Still in ceremonial parade use by the Paris Fire Brigade too.

1024px-BSPP_section_Bastille_Day_2008.jpg

A brief video made by my friend DimTolich in a manner of B&W movies of the beginning of XX century.

P.S. Sorry for the incompleted sidewalk in the movie - all is completed already))

A bit renewed Red Army infantry and cavalry lines. No more "blue coats" for "lords" and rank insignias on both sleeves (as we know, RKKA wore their insignias on the left sleeve only).
The Infantry Line

The Cavalry Line

The Great Dictator, mate - according to your request I've decided to implement the RKKA Adrian helm for some elite Red Army units) Thanks for your advice))

Hot damn, looking good Rockwell! I could only imagine them storming a White city, giving a bit of the old Red Terror, spraying at anything that moves with Fedorov Avtomat in hand.

Anyways, glad I could suggest something viable, thanks for taking my recommendations into consideration.

I'm an ideas guy, so truth be told, I'm not good for much  :lol:

In contrary to other factions' capitals, the capital of the Makhno Realm, Gulyay-Pole, was just a small Ukrainian village:

Docm30 said:
No steps?

Was just about to say, would make for a nice nod to the Battleship Potemkin (along with history itself, obviously)

Potemkinmarch.jpg
94573-004-42CC1E43.jpg
06142010_potemkin.jpg
Potemkinstairs.jpg

Couldn't blame him for not including them though, they'd be a daunting task, as the last image best illustrates.

As always, really fine looking work Rockwell :grin:

Docm30 said:
No steps?
Sorry - no steps. As well as no monument of Duke Richelieu, and no Deribassovskaya. This is just a virtual Odessa, not a real one)

The Great Dictator, thanks for understanding, mate))

The industrial city of Ekaterinoslav (a virtual one, of course, and today its name is Dnepropetrovsk, my native town, btw):

Fine to see the work moving forward. I remember playing the version for old M&B. Altough i'm curious which year the plays out in. I suppose it's 1917. In that case is the tsar alive?

Well, the starting date of this mod is April 1919. But, as soon as I've mentioned already several times this is not an interactive textbook of the Russian history but just a game in the virtual world with an alternative history in the Russian Civil War entourage, the Tzar should be still alive))

cody2224 said:
Will the trams be able to be used to some extent? The town looks very immersive  :eek:

This brings up an interesting point.

The Russian Civil War arguably staged the most extensive use of armored trains. It would be interesting to see trains as a fast travel system, perhaps making the player pay a fee (dependent on allegiance and party size) to travel quickly from city to city.

It would be wild to see armored trains play a role in combat, with tracks also serving as an objective of control for various factions in the mod. That being said, I believe that may be a little out of reach.

On the other hand, trains providing temporary buffed movement to the player could certainly be done I'm sure, as I've seen something similar done with boats.

The Great Dictator said:
cody2224 said:
Will the trams be able to be used to some extent? The town looks very immersive  :eek:

This brings up an interesting point.

The Russian Civil War arguably staged the most extensive use of armored trains. It would be interesting to see trains as a fast travel system, perhaps making the player pay a fee (dependent on allegiance and party size) to travel quickly from city to city.

It would be wild to see armored trains play a role in combat, with tracks also serving as an objective of control for various factions in the mod. That being said, I believe that may be a little out of reach.

On the other hand, trains providing temporary buffed movement to the player could certainly be done I'm sure, as I've seen something similar done with boats.

Maybe they can be used to move troops and equipment between towns as well without the player taking them into the party.

Back
Top Bottom