MP Fantasy [WB] Chronicles of Middle Earth (CRP Open World Mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

PinkGuy1303 said:
Teoiss explained everything in yours topic on moddb... what a shame guys  :grin:

,,Teoiss 1hour ago
I'll try to make this as short as I can, not wanna waste too much of my time here.
This whole situation, as well as this mod- is a joke.
Not really funny joke, because it all started with Danyele saying about trust.
When he offered help with PLoTR after licking Kael's ass, he started to ensure us, that with his help, mod will grow, be better etc. etc.
When he first asked for our code so that he can add some features, we said no, because why would we need two different codes?... He got part of it so that he
can add these features.
He started working on it, he kept informing us of his progress.
And then out of nowhere Danyele told me about his little friend called Legends, that he also wants to "help" us. They offered (as they called it) "expanding" the mod, and also changing its name from PLotR to something else (like it was hard to ask to just merge our teams to make a new one, insted of ploting something else behind our backs.
Anyway, they got mad because we didnt want to change the name, and so they became "quiet", stopped responing to our messages etc.
And here it is, a mod-miracle that was created in a matter of week, and for God's sake please.. dont lie anymore.
Don't think we accuse you unprepared... We will show everyone how pathetic you are, enjoy:

http://i.imgur.com/0eizyIU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HsXFVb9.jpg

http://imgur.com/DliGWul

http://imgur.com/dWWANRj

http://imgur.com/CDuptaK
And this is one of my favorites, when some guy messaged Kael (out of nowhere) about "our mods mapping needs", and tells us (dont even know why) about other LoTR mod with open world feature. Funniest thing is that they both were "with us" then, 9th of September.
Cheers, "fellas"...''

These guys (from Persistent Lord of the Rings) spam and attack us for a few weeks already by saying that we have stolen their source code. All of these stories are not true. PlotR's dev team can't accept the fact that we did a LotR open world mod, and the only way they can find to hurt us is to spam misleading information and false accusations everywhere. It is just unacceptable! This behavior is just a shame to the community and to the game.

The thing that find even more deplorable is that they try to deface the reputation of DanyEle (who is an experienced coder on Warband), aswell as mine. I hope that TaleWorlds' admins will deal with them accordingly, as it is inadmissible!

They did the same spam on our ModDB page, and we have answered, you can go check our own version of the facts here. http://www.moddb.com/mods/chronicles-of-middle-earth/#6198855

In case people are too lazy to click the link:
[quote author=LeGenDdS 48 minutes ago]
Ok, wow. You are accusing me and DanyEle with false evidence which is clearly photoshopped (probably also why you must've taken so long to release these photos). One thing to note is that I have never had Teoiss on my Steam friends' list and never talked with him. This alone shows how these accusations are ridiculous! In addition, by throwing these untrue statements, you are clearly trying to undermine my personal reputation and the reputation of DanyEle who is a well known coder for Warband. And for what? Because you panic at the growth of our project, which shows more potential than your mod.If that's not enough, you spam these baseless lies all over our threads / platforms in hopes of seeing our mod project utterly destroyed. For what reason? The only answer I can think of is your fear of our mod project's potential, which you wish to tarnish at every opportunity. What a good mentality you have.Yes, DanyEle and I have been trying to help you with your mod (PLotR). We have offered our help, and tried to do one thing: make your mod better. That was our only goal. At the beginning, I have contacted DanyEle because I had an interesting idea in mind: to make an open world mod based on the LotR universe similar to my old mod: New World Conflict. When I have contacted DanyEle, I already wanted to make my own mod and wanted to recruit him for it, but DanyEle convinced me to join Persistent Lord of the Ring project. So, we came into the PLotR team and we had given them our idea: to make a LotR open world mod. In addition, we have also told them how to achieve it. But, very quickly, we realized that your mod project was really unkempt. Your organization level was truly awful, in fact it had almost none. Everybody did their own thing on their side without communication. It was the first reason why we left your project to do our own mod. The second reason why we felt the need to leave was that we had a very opposite vision in terms of gameplay: you just had no vision and clear idea about the gameplay, and you just never gave us your clear intentions concerning the open world idea… it was something of an improvisation. As you can see with our mod, we have a clear vision of what we want to do, and we have worked hard to develop this. Finally, the last reason why we did our own mod: I’m sorry to say, but your source code was totally abhorrent. We have primarily left because the PLotR codes were complete and utter nonsense. If you want the truth, DanyEle convinced me to leave your mod because there was no hope with PLotR source code, as it was too poorly made! The unjust accusations that we have stolen the source code is quite ironic considering the fact that we have made our own mod because the source code of PLotR mod was totally **** (and I am not embarrassed to say this about your entire mod actually).Additionally, don’t try to say that we had become quiet, or did not respond to your messages as you said in your previous post: we have clearly told Kael that we didn’t want to help him anymore with his project because we clearly did not have the same intentions and vision with the mod… and we did it a few times, not once but multiple times before we left actually. To say that you tried to contact us after we left is also a big lie, as no one from your team tried to speak with us after our departure. We had even tried to contact you to prevent any misunderstandings before your accusations (and this is not the first one, we got plenty of spam from fanatics for a few weeks), but you totally ignored us. Regardless, I still don’t know why you did these accusations against me, I never talked to you and I don’t even know you.As we said in a comment below to respond to another false accusation from your immature community, we have made our source code from scratch. We used the Persistent World 4.0 source code version as basis, since our Open World System script (combined world) is in this one.Furthermore, if you did these shameful accusations because you feared that our mod would be released in several days before yours, THIS NOT THE CASE. We are in the early stages of development, our release will be in a few months. For now, we have only started to make our features, everything is far from ready… especially for mapping and scripting (the implementation of TLD items and scene props in the source code is not even finished).In conclusion, please stop spreading these false accusations with baseless proof clearly photoshopped and manipulated in this case. You just do harm to the reputation of the community and the game. You have to accept that you have a competitor now, and just stop with these underhanded and shameful attempts at destroying our reputation, as it is not a very mature and acceptable behavior for a Dev Team of a mod project. In fact, we will be contacting the ModDB team and TaleWorld team about this unprovoked attack against us.
[/quote]
[quote author=LeGenDdS]
Warning! If other erroneous spam or attacks come to this commentary section, I will prevent it by erasing the comment and reporting you. The commentary section is there for the discussion of the features of the mod and sharing with the community, not for insults or ill-spoken words.
[/quote]
Make of it what you will, I suppose.

Beethovenx21 said:
If you choose to become an Hobbit are you able to travel out of Eriadors area if you have RP reasons for it?
Of course!

You could join any region/server if you can find the portal allowing you to enter the bordering region, which in the case of the Western Eriador region would be located not too far east of Bree.

I am very much looking forward to this, as I have said on the ModDB page. I am an old RPer, and I am tapping into my old circles, and telling them of this mod. I even went as far as buying an extra copy of the game to gift to another gifted writer I know.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to playing this mod and getting to know the community.

Also wanted to ask, will NPCs be available in the mod? For example perhaps to make battles just a bit larger for it to have more impact?

Gathon said:
I am very much looking forward to this, as I have said on the ModDB page. I am an old RPer, and I am tapping into my old circles, and telling them of this mod. I even went as far as buying an extra copy of the game to gift to another gifted writer I know.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to playing this mod and getting to know the community.

Also wanted to ask, will NPCs be available in the mod? For example perhaps to make battles just a bit larger for it to have more impact?

The only bots you could see in the Open World will be in the Journey areas. Indeed, as we explain in the thread, players could participate to the Journeys who will be available in specific closed areas. Technically, these Journeys will be the reproduction of some great moments of the Ring quest, and will take almost all time the following form: players have to fight against waves of bots to win the Journey and obtain a generous reward.

We wanted to make something similar to Nord Invasion for this aspect, because we think that this format will be more interesting and a more great challenge (since the difficulty level of Journeys will be very very high) for all players. We don't wanted to have classic quests that players do one time, and never after; with the Journey system, players will have the possibility to try and re-try again to succeed or re-succeed (if already won) the Journey.

Contact me if you would be interested in a Day & Night cycle, combined with La Grandmaster's seasonal OSP and a weather system. (Preferable Steam contact)
Or a gore system // whatever  :roll:
Video for your eyes, how it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmPFXGYM_DM
Building/Gore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXVYjoVO2KM

Regards,
Meijk Vandat

So if I understand correctly Teoiss  and PLoTR are accussing you of stealing resources? I dont know if this is true or not (its a common trend in these types of mods so probably pretty likely).

However next time if they do - ask them where they got this oliphant from? And who they think made it?
20160825225219_1.jpg

Ill tell you who made it - me around 2 years ago,
I wasnt asked if they could use it, nor was i given any credit or mention, and hence i never gave permission for them to use it.

Lots (not all, but lots) of these small time LoTR mods do the exact same, its common place to steal resources.

There have been so many reincarnations of lord of the rings mods it does my head in, if your going to create a mod why not come up with something unique that stands out on its own - be creative. And if you really must make a lotr mod make something unique that makes your mod different from the army of other LoTR mods out there.

PLoTR do the exact same, they steal resources to make some shoddy ass remake of a mod that has been done a thousand times over.

Rant over  :lol:

This Mod however stands out from all the others, of course not through its setting, but through its concept. Instead of usual PW Mods, which die after 2 weeks, due to beeing a simple reskin, this actually takes another approach. In this Mod wont be Clans ruling the servers, and terrorizing new people, or everytime you log in you have to first look for a new faction, instead there are set factions with set leaders, creating a way better atmosphere, more alike to an MMO, with Sandbox features.
Hopefully it will be a great environment for RP and long-time playability, instead of all those PW Mods with their promising new settings, however not bringing anything actually new to the table.
Besides this setting will drive many people just to check out the Mod, since everyone likes LotR :smile:

La Grandmaster said:
So if I understand correctly Teoiss  and PLoTR are accussing you of stealing resources? I dont know if this is true or not (its a common trend in these types of mods so probably pretty likely).

However next time if they do - ask them where they got this oliphant from? And who they think made it?
20160825225219_1.jpg

I wasnt asked if they could use it, nor was i given any credit or mention, and hence i never gave permission for them to use it.

Lots (not all, but lots) of these small time LoTR mods do the exact same, its common place to steal resources.

There have been so many reincarnations of lord of the rings mods it does my head in, if your going to create a mod why not come up with something unique that stands out on its own - be creative. And if you really must make a lotr mod make something unique that makes your mod different from the army of other LoTR mods out there.

PLoTR do the exact same, they steal resources to make some shoddy ass remake of a mod that has been done a thousand times over.

Couldn't agree more.

We will try our best to make this mod unique and create a new experience even when it is based on some parts of Persistent World (we wiped a lot of scripts due to we won't need them).
That's why we always want to be in contact and in work with the community: Ideas and feedback can make this project awesome and really unique.

La Grandmaster said:

20160825225219_1.jpg

If you take time to read all the thread and consider our real intentions, you can see already that our mod will be very unique, and even innovative. I think right now that we have a gameplay really unique, a kind of gameplay we can't see everywhere else. And it's precisely this innovation level who motivate us to continue the devlopment of this mod. Everybody in the Dev Team works on COME by motivation and passion, especially because they hardly want to see this mod alive!

Also, as you can see with the message of domipoppe, some new members have joined our Dev Team. Illuminati (domipoppe) is one of those; he will substitute DanyEle in the Dev Team as Lead Coder. DanyEle no longer part of the Development Team because lack of time to devote to the mod. All COME team want to thanks him for all his contribution in the project!  :grin:

Don't worry, more details about the new comers will come soon in the next Status Update.

Hey everyone!

We have some news to give to you concerning the project. We have published a complete article about these important updates in link with the development of Chronicles of Middle Earth. You can access to the full text here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/chronicles-of-middle-earth/news/status-update-29102016.

Don't hesitate to give us your feedbacks about that on this thread or on our ModDB page.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom