MP Native [WB] Calradia Slave Rebellion

Hazzardevil

Master Knight
NW
Best answers
0
I don't mean to pry, but is the item set meant to be the pseudo-medieval of Native?
Also, what has been the hardest part of making the mod? I imagined the game modes would be the hardest job, but I often see modders complaining about the work needed to make the models, skin them and then rig them.
 

CTCCoco

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
0
Hazzardevil said:
I don't mean to pry, but is the item set meant to be the pseudo-medieval of Native?
Also, what has been the hardest part of making the mod? I imagined the game modes would be the hardest job, but I often see modders complaining about the work needed to make the models, skin them and then rig them.
The hardest thing (and I can tell you it was hard work for an entire year) is the coding part. It's not only coding in the Module System, but the website, and linking everything together taking in account security. There is thousands of lines of code in only PHP, and thousands in Module System, it's many work and there is still many new ideas and things in mind to add in patchs.

If do you think the item set is the main thing that matters on a mod I respect your opinion but I don't agree. Nevertheless, we are planning to add much more items (we already have our own items and other OSP items), but it's hard because we have to balance those weapons, set a price or a craft recipe (if it's for crafting), etc. So it's a complex task to add things, since this is something like a MMO RPG, where everything needs to be as balanced as possible.

The gamemodes the hardest part? Well, the entire mod was the hardest part. I mean, the website, the connection between website and the mod, the gamemode, the classes balance, all the items with prices, all the huge crafting each one with his own recipe, all the systems of the mod (private shops, auction hall, private trading, 7 different factions, all the special items (like potions), waves, troops design, inventory, admin panel, etc, etc).

I think some people underestimate the complexity of the mod. I would suggest them to read the "CSR Bible" (which is not available at the moment because CSR is closed yet), play the mod with all the gamemodes for a time and then come back with their opinions.

I think it's unfair to judge the mod without knowing it. I mean, even on this thread it's not full explained properly, that's why we'll take back the CSR forums where everything is explained properly and that's why we'll be releasing CSR with a video in the end of september. On that video all the mod will be explained in detail, so people don't have to look for information any further.

Thanks for your comment.
 

Hazzardevil

Master Knight
NW
Best answers
0
CTCCoco said:
The hardest thing (and I can tell you it was hard work for an entire year) is the coding part. It's not only coding in the Module System, but the website, and linking everything together taking in account security. There is thousands of lines of code in only PHP, and thousands in Module System, it's many work and there is still many new ideas and things in mind to add in patchs.

If do you think the item set is the main thing that matters on a mod I respect your opinion but I don't agree. Nevertheless, we are planning to add much more items (we already have our own items and other OSP items), but it's hard because we have to balance those weapons, set a price or a craft recipe (if it's for crafting), etc. So it's a complex task to add things, since this is something like a MMO RPG, where everything needs to be as balanced as possible.

The gamemodes the hardest part? Well, the entire mod was the hardest part. I mean, the website, the connection between website and the mod, the gamemode, the classes balance, all the items with prices, all the huge crafting each one with his own recipe, all the systems of the mod (private shops, auction hall, private trading, 7 different factions, all the special items (like potions), waves, troops design, inventory, admin panel, etc, etc).

I think some people underestimate the complexity of the mod. I would suggest them to read the "CSR Bible" (which is not available at the moment because CSR is closed yet), play the mod with all the gamemodes for a time and then come back with their opinions.

I think it's unfair to judge the mod without knowing it. I mean, even on this thread it's not full explained properly, that's why we'll take back the CSR forums where everything is explained properly and that's why we'll be releasing CSR with a video in the end of september. On that video all the mod will be explained in detail, so people don't have to look for information any further.

Thanks for your comment.
The closest I've ever come to modding a game is editing a text file for an older Total War so that a unit forms a different formation, nothing like what you do.
I don't think the item set is the most important part, it's just something easy to look at it in a mod to see if something has changed and when you first play a new mod it's the first thing you are going to notice.
I'd forgotten you had a huge website with character data saved on, now that I think about it, that seems like the hardest part of the mod.

This is going to be competing closely with Rome 2 when this comes out for what I will play.
 

The_Outlaw

Recruit
Best answers
0
I friggin LOVED the RTS gamemode CSR had. It was SO MUCH FUN. ;l

Personally, this was (and is) the only mod I'd spend hours upon trying to grind my character, it really was a test of willpower, dedication, and quick thinking since not many players played although t'was fun when we'd get around ten pple and we'd be defending a certain area, trying to hold e'm out.
 

CTCCoco

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
0
The_Outlaw said:
I friggin LOVED the RTS gamemode CSR had. It was SO MUCH FUN. ;l

Personally, this was (and is) the only mod I'd spend hours upon trying to grind my character, it really was a test of willpower, dedication, and quick thinking since not many players played although t'was fun when we'd get around ten pple and we'd be defending a certain area, trying to hold e'm out.
Thanks for the words, I hope we can spread the mod to people this time with the reopening.
 

Divayith

Banned
Best answers
0
Make sure to get a sub-forum this time guys, welcome back! I enjoyed it last time! Its a mod I have time to play, even with my work load!
 

Eagle114th

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
Hello CTCCoco,

I have been excitedly waiting for your new release of this mod!  It is end of October so how is your updates coming along?
 

CTCCoco

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
0
Eagle114th said:
Hello CTCCoco,

I have been excitedly waiting for your new release of this mod!  It is end of October so how is your updates coming along?
Unfortunately I had to delay it again at least 2 weeks. I had problems to start to work on the CSR reopening, I just started a week ago so I didn't have enough time to add everything I want for the reopening.

I don't want to rush it, I want to do it right this time.

I just added a progress bar which will show how much is left. But most probably CSR is coming in November, I don't want to delay it again and I'm fairly sure it won't be delayed again because I'm not working on CSR every day.
 

CTCCoco

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
0
Perkele_JOPOTINTTI said:
There is a CSR remake in the works (specially on the website part) with new cool dynamic things. I'll keep the percentage progress updated both in the website and here.
 

Hazzardevil

Master Knight
NW
Best answers
0
Anyone think that when this is released we ought to get it on the news section in the top-right? Try and have a good WotK game going on release to hopefully sustain the community.
 

CTCCoco

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
0
Hazzardevil said:
Anyone think that when this is released we ought to get it on the news section in the top-right? Try and have a good WotK game going on release to hopefully sustain the community.
I'll try, I think we could get that. We could also try on the Facebook page.

Yes, there is many things on the work to make CSR much more polish, the old CSR systems and website are over, there is a new one in progress which will bring a remake of all the old systems / design, and new good stuff. But I can't talk about those stuff until some days before the release date (and no, there is no release date at this moment, many new things came up to the "necessary tasks to do" which need its time to be done, so the only way to keep you informed about how its going is the progress percentage).
 

Mythrrinthael

Recruit
Best answers
0
As far as I know, the developer could no longer afford to spend time on this. So no, he has stopped working on it.

I personally hope he'll have the time to remake this mod for Bannerlord, but we'll have to wait and see.
 

hatimkh

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
I really miss this mod, last I heard there's no plans to bring it back but I think Coco said he'd make another CSR for Bannerlord.

Anyone know what the latest is?