MP Fantasy [WB] Calestria | 0.4.0 Release 11th December at 18:00 GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

I have to ask, why did you guys decide to make your own persistent mod instead of joining the cRPG devteam?

This may just be me being fairly annoyed after having my **** kicked in for 20 minutes on the server, but could starting players get a bit more of a boost?
I joined a server and fought players who could shrug off two or three swings of my initial weapon, while shooting me 5 or 6 times as I close the gap. They then swing their longer weapons faster than me and kill me in a single hit.

It would take me hours to actually afford anything that could let me stand a decent chance of surviving, which will put off new people. So you will get a community that will get few new players.

You just suck  :smile: I was owning the server in 10 minutes. Starting weapon is actually OP if you know how to use it, but I agree about getting new items. Played about an hour and only thing I was able to get was a pike and it cost me all my money, aswell.

Fun af but TDM is absolutely pointless, got like 200 kills soon and haven't got anything. Nada.

If battle isn't around you should probably change the loot drops in TDM to better reflect that, it's just not accessible to new players at the moment. Though I'm still wrecking **** with the starter spear.

Calestria 0.4.0
Which big features await you?

Houses; Your place inside a community

In the next update, we are going to release the House-system. Purpose of Houses is to play with other members, to fight against other houses or to use special advantages, like specific buffs, sending items directly to other members of your house and more! Gain Glory for your house and try to become the best house of Calestria.

Shortly after this update, we'll also be adding the "Event Servers" in which you are allowed to fight against other houses and slightly after that, we're planning to start the first tournament.

Hungergames; let the hunt begin

You might remember Aeterna_Hungergames? It was one of the most successful servers in Native. For all those who can't remember or imagine what the new Hungergames-game mode is all about:
The goal is, well, to survive. Everyone spawns at the starting position, after the countdown, you can either try to get some weapons right at the beginning, or go and find yourself better equipment somewhere in the arena - there are lots of hideouts in which you can find rare weapons. You can explore dungeons, buildings, ruins or even old temples. But beware of traps, as they can mean your sudden death. You can even build teams together with your friends and form your own little "districts". If you die, you are no longer in the games and need to wait for the next match, but you can watch the others playing through many viewpoints placed all over the map.

You heard right: Hungergames will come back in Calestria! Along side with two old-time favorite maps from the Native server, we'll also be providing a new map, fixed up by Krex pretty soon - and be warned: It's not the last map that will be added in Hungergames.
We've also made some major changes to the way you unlock the cosmetic armor sets for the gamemode, but more on that later.

There are more features that awaiting you, but we just want to give you a little sneak peek here for now...

Release? When?
We're looking to release the update on the 11th of December - this isn't set in stone yet, so we might have to switch to the 13th if we can't make it. You can already register on our forums: http://forum.calestria.net/

So will Hungergames run on native or will it require this new module?  I assume the latter, which is fine by me, only I'm worried about player count as modules tend to die quickly. 

Looking forward to tomorrow regardless.

Hi, I've just downloaded the mod and tried to join the official Hunger Games server, but I get the following error:

kicked_server.png

This is the server I try to join:

server_join.png

Hickery123 said:
The download seems bugged for me, I can't open the folder, says it's invalid.
Think I saw you on the server yesterday, so I guess that problem has been resolved?
DanyEle said:
Hi, I've just downloaded the mod and tried to join the official Hunger Games server, but I get the following error:

kicked_server.png

This is the server I try to join:

server_join.png
We've had quite a few problems with our server yesterday, so that's probably why that happened.
We'll be going back to Linux in the following days and then probably re-launching towards the weekend - hopefully with more people and less problems :p

So I downloaded V0.4.0, and started Warband in the Calestria module, but when I went to find servers, there were none that were compatible with module...

There was one server that said it was the Calestriestra module or something (obviously a misspelling) but could not join it.

Is this still going, or did I do something wrong?

Honestly you should just strip this module down to the hunger games mode and run it on a Native server like how it was done before.  Even if this was re-released I'm 99% certain it would die within a week because multiplayer modules always do, people only play Native/NW and I doubt most people are bothered to download a mod and register just to try one mode, even if that mode is really good. 

Fair enough for trying to turn it into it's own thing with persistent leveling, crafting etc, but realistically if I want to do that I'll just play cRPG or Mercenaries - the real appeal here is the hunger games mode because it was seriously great, and if you can run it on Native you definitely should because that's the only way to get a consistent player base, even if it means surrendering some features which could be implemented in a standalone module.  I had loads of fun when the server was around and it's a shame because there's nothing else like it, and it's a real ****in waste to let it die just for the sake of some persistent features which nobody asked for. 

Anyway gl, here's hoping it comes back. 

Hickery123 said:
Honestly you should just strip this module down to the hunger games mode and run it on a Native server like how it was done before.  Even if this was re-released I'm 99% certain it would die within a week because multiplayer modules always do, people only play Native/NW and I doubt most people are bothered to download a mod and register just to try one mode, even if that mode is really good. 

Fair enough for trying to turn it into it's own thing with persistent leveling, crafting etc, but realistically if I want to do that I'll just play cRPG or Mercenaries - the real appeal here is the hunger games mode because it was seriously great, and if you can run it on Native you definitely should because that's the only way to get a consistent player base, even if it means surrendering some features which could be implemented in a standalone module.  I had loads of fun when the server was around and it's a shame because there's nothing else like it, and it's a real ****in waste to let it die just for the sake of some persistent features which nobody asked for. 

Anyway gl, here's hoping it comes back.
I must say, i completely agree with the points Hickery123 has made.Considering the mods that later on became modules usually die within a week of their release, it was an obvious foresight.
I also know that you wanted more features to make your mod feel better for general player base, but unfortunately, a dead mod can entertain no one.It's true that a standalone module is better in every way but you have to consider that people are lazy.They dont want to switch between modules to play a round of HG just to play the vanilla module again.So, i think you either should give the fans the old server we used to play on or simply let your project die.I dont want this mod to die since i've really enjoyed it alot with my friends.We had many fun moments together, and its a shame to see that such a good mod is collecting dust in the ashes of time.

Back
Top Bottom