SP Other [WB] Brave New World (coders needed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:grin:

Xx6HNwl.jpg

He7e9jl.jpg
P2JdF7u.jpg

3AnWrF1.jpg

zKfuvKo.jpg

I have no knowledge of modding in any form so I can't help on that department, but here are some OSP models which might come in handy to you:

A steampunk pack
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=64158.0

19th century firearms
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=295903.0

Crego-Roman buildings
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=214781.0

Russian officer uniform
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,313529.0.html

Lederhosen
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3914/?

Copy-pasting from the wrong thread to the correct one.

I don't know much editing, beyond using the Item and Troop editors, but I can look through troop trees, since I noticed a couple of strange things about the cavalry this morning.

Britain:
The Guard Cavalry have no melee weapons and use "gun jap rifle",

France:
Dragoons and Cuirassiers do not have any melee weapons. This makes them really weird,  because they're outfitted like cavalry prepared for hand to hand combat, but can't, due to a lack of a sword, axe or spear.

Italy:
Praetorian's have shields which look too big, since they clip the horses, perhaps a Kite Shield or the sorts of shields we associate with Roman Equites. I'm quite fond of the shield in this picture:
roman_cavalry_eqvites_singvlares_INFO.jpg

Kalmar Union:
Huscarls have no melee weapon, so  they'll be shredded in hand to hand combat.

Khiva Khanate:
No matter what, I start off with the red highlights over their settlements when I mouse over them. They will chase me down on the campaign map, but won't force a battle.
Tribesman carry daggers, which are nearly useless on horseback.

Qing Dynasty:
Always start off friendly for some reason.
You have two Imperial Infantry and Imperial Guard troops appearing on the tree.

Shogunate of Japan:
Shogunate Samurai have shields. To the best of my knowledge,  Samurai never used shield, unless they were entrenched fortifications. Wouldn't it make more sense thematically to give them stronger armour and very high Strength and Ironflesh skills, so that they can shrug off bullets, without making the faction too generic?

Vistula Legion:
Cossack Horse Rifles have no rifles, only bows. Perhaps rename them to Cossack Horse Archers? Or to highlight the differences between them and the Don Cossacks, give them pistols or rifles, so you have crossbow cavalry and firearm. Dismount Winged Hussar is a bit of an unwieldy name. And dismount is not capitalised, so maybe make them Winged Hussar Infantry?

Mexican Republic:
Federale's have no melee weapon again. Lancers only have a pistol. They should at least have a lance, possibly a sword as well.

Ottoman Empire:
Calvary Rifle have no horses and I think "Calvary" is a spelling error.

On general item weirdness:
You have a lot of weapons named "Jap Gun" and the like. I don't know weapons of the era very well, but wouldn't naming most of the firearms after their official names fit better? The British having the Martini Henry, French having the Chassepot, Germans having the Dreyse.

The other weirdness comes from the way the guns themselves work. I've found that pressing X on a lot of them  switches to an alternative shooting mode, which seems to be the same, with the only difference being that I never need to reload. I've never seen the AI  use any melee modes with their rifles, so I'm assuming there aren't any. I know L'Aigle managed to get infantry to use bayonets, so it must be possible. Perhaps this would help solve the problem of cavalry dominating the field or being useless?

cghopk said:
Hazzardevil said:
Khiva Khanate:
No matter what, I start off with the red highlights over their settlements when I mouse over them. They will chase me down on the campaign map, but won't force a battle. Tribesman carry daggers, which are nearly useless on horseback.

Hey Hazzardevil, thanks for the feedback, i fixed most of these issues todfay thanks!

but im not sure what you meant by the paragraph above. what faction are you playing under? independent? custom faction?

I would be completely unalligned to any faction, having just begun the game. I think my relationship with them is negative, but don't remember anything about numbers  when playing.

That is not how it works. Read the forum rules. They leave you with a choice - Remove the download immediately or be banned from the forum permanently.

For your convenience said:
Modding
If you are considering joining our modding community, you should take note of the following; Many people here like to share and provide others with resources (marked [OSP]), but if you wish to include their work in your modification, you are required to credit them. Most OSPs can be used on this basis, but there are some that may ask you to contact the author (among other things) in order to gain permission. This is clarified in the opening post of the OSP (which are found in The Forge) and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have permission and provide proper credit for the resources that you use. It should also be clear that you cannot simply take things from other mods and use them in your own modification unless you have gained permission from the respective mod authors. Once you have permission, it cannot be redacted on a whim.

Should you lack permission for content and still offer it via download on this forum or another platform, it will be considered theft and result in your ban from the TaleWorlds forum.

Once you have figured out ALL permissions, you can upload a mod.

Docm30 said:
Wow, usually people take the time to at least rename the brfs when they steal content, or, you know, remove my actual name from the files. This is a little on the nose.

bravenewstolen.jpg

Wow, all those North and South uniforms.. not even renamed!  :shock:  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom