SP Native [WB] Blood for Land (December 10th = Alpha release!)

Users who are viewing this thread

This is looking good, your progress is amazing. This should be my thing when waiting for bannerlord.
Possible release date? Also no rushing, I'm just asking :fruity:

KhivalrousBear said:
This is looking good, your progress is amazing. This should be my thing when waiting for bannerlord.
Possible release date? Also no rushing, I'm just asking :fruity:
Thanks, I'm planning on releasing an alpha before too long maybe 1st of December or something.  It doesn't have very many bugs but my maps are not the best in the world:smile: and I'd like to create more levels so you don't finish the game in like 10 hours of play. The release date partially depends on Bannerlords release.  If they announce a date soon, I'll just put out my mod with the few levels it has and get ready to make a similar mod with Bannerlord.

Man this looks amazingly funny!! Really looking to play it!

PS: I love the suicidal 'petard' xD

PS2: I would be glad to translate your mod into spanish if you send me your language files, this mod looks incredibly promising :smile:

mike56 said:
How is the development going? It's been a while since the last news  :???:
It's going good I've added two more levels, one with enemy gunpowder units. I'm not sure about that decision but I feel that introducing firearms into the later stages of the game will add some excitement and by defeating them you can barter with their king and gain a hand cannoner troop of your own.
I've also added a mini level where you help some oppressed lumberjacks improve their living conditions. So yes the mod is still moving forward and I'd still really like to release something in December.

I have also been working on how your enemies strategize.  They begin by sending out troops to different defensive positions to protect their fort. During this time they send very small waves of troops to attack you and try and throw off your game plan. After larger periods of time they send their armies to attack in full force.  I feel like this has created better gameplay. I'll upload a video here in the next week or so, so you all can see for yourselves.

Your last post mentions translating the mod into Spanish. I haven't thought of it but I guess if the mod is popular enough I'll send you the language files.  We will see how it goes. Thanks for your posts.

In order to conquer new lands you need to either talk to your magistrate or go to the ship yard and get the supplies you need from them to settle new lands. 

Here is a video of me failing to conquer a foreign land.  You can also see that these guys have gunpowder units.

elcapo29 said:
In order to conquer new lands you need to either talk to your magistrate or go to the ship yard and get the supplies you need from them to settle new lands. 

Here is a video of me failing to conquer a foreign land.  You can also see that these guys have gunpowder units.

Looks very nice  :iamamoron:! I can't wait for the mod to be released!

mike56 said:
Will we have the first release soon?  :smile:
RELEASE DATE: December 18th 2016
Some real life stuff has come up that has held up modding progress, but I should be back on track now.  The problem is, I added some new characters that need dialogue and the scenes, and missions that come with their stories.  I could have stopped at the 7 levels, but I feel like the new characters and scenes will give more life and play time to the game. There will be some characters with cookie cutter dialogue and not as many levels as I'd like but I promised December, so December it is. 
I hope you all enjoy the Alpha version there will be some bugs but it should be completely playable.

Hernanxd16 said:
elcapo29 said:

Looks very nice  :iamamoron:! I can't wait for the mod to be released!

Thanks, there is a release date now!

Blood for Land is officially on the Steam Workshop!  Please play and leave me lots of comments.  Like most modders I don't have time to put all the content I'd like into the game but I feel the mod is to the point that it is playable, fun and worth the download. 
Let me know what else you'd like to see in future updates!

I recommend playing on the hardest difficulty settings if you are testing for balance.

elcapo29 said:
Blood for Land is officially on the Steam Workshop!  Please play and leave me lots of comments.  Like most modders I don't have time to put all the content I'd like into the game but I feel the mod is to the point that it is playable, fun and worth the download. 

I recommend playing on the hardest difficulty settings if you are testing for balance.

Can you upload the mod in another place, please?

I've tried the mod a bit by the moment and I have to say that it's as funny as I imagined, but you should really the option to allow the player to think twice if he really wants to surrender. In my case I pressed by mistake the P key and now I'm in the bear cells  :dead:

mike56 said:
I've tried the mod a bit by the moment and I have to say that it's as funny as I imagined, but you should really the option to allow the player to think twice if he really wants to surrender. In my case I pressed by mistake the P key and now I'm in the bear cells  :dead:
Okay I'll add that in the update. Thanks for the post!

Also which is the key to hide the building menu? I supposed it would be the H key too but when I press it nothing happens  :???: I have to press scape key everytime and it's a bit annoying.

PS: Would you please mind to post your mod to MEGA, mediafire, moddb or something like that? It's just to allow the non-steam players to play it, so it can reach more people.

mike56 said:
Also which is the key to hide the building menu? I supposed it would be the H key too but when I press it nothing happens  :???: I have to press scape key everytime and it's a bit annoying.

PS: Would you please mind to post your mod to MEGA, mediafire, moddb or something like that? It's just to allow the non-steam players to play it, so it can reach more people.
You can simply press the right mouse key or J to end the build menu.

Hernanxd16 said:
elcapo29 said:

Can you upload the mod in another place, please?

I'll add it to Mod Db eventually

Great, thank you very much for the responses. I have to say the mod is pretty difficult, I've not won any battle yet  :oops:

mike56 said:
Great, thank you very much for the responses. I have to say the mod is pretty difficult, I've not won any battle yet  :oops:
Yea it's tough I've lost quite a few battles too as you can see in my videos.  I'm going to see what everyone says in the comments and nerf it accordingly. Don't be afraid to lower the difficulty if it gets too frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom