SP Dark Ages [WB][BL?](S) 500 AD - The Dark Ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Wait, you legitimately believe that all ze Germanics from Tunisia/Morroco to Denmark looked the same?

Anywho, a game is not only about equipment, otherwise Brytenwalda would not have become arguably the most popular medieval set mod for Warband of all time.

Hun said:
There wont be Huns i guess?

No, they got roflstomped before 500 AD by ze Germans.

Hun said:

White Huns in Asia. Otherwise, no, they'd been assimilated by now. Maybe there'll be a few mercenaries, but no kingdom.

Mamlaz said:
Wait, you legitimately believe that all ze Germanics from Tunisia/Morroco to Denmark looked the same?

Anywho, a game is not only about equipment, otherwise Brytenwalda would not have become arguably the most popular medieval set mod for Warband of all time.

Hun said:

No, they got roflstomped before 500 AD by ze Germans.

No, I was being facetious. But I genuinely don't think there'd be enough variety to make things that exciting. Franks and Saxons do legitimately look very similar. Visigoths pretty much as well. No idea about the more eastern Germans, I've yet to research them properly. Thuringians seem to be rather different.

KING DRUST MAC UUDROST
1474752729-mb7.jpg

BATTLE
1474752744-mb8.jpg

YourStepDad said:
Looking very promising, but I see no Slavs in the faction list, what gives? :sad:

I don't know what the Slavs were up to in 500 AD, it's something I need to look into. I'm planning to implement factions in a sort of "sweeping" movement, going from west to east.

What exactly does that mean? Revisiting the factions west to east?

because as far as the slavs are concerned, they were precisely moving in the opposite direction; westward, with hordes of slavs ravaging the byzantine empire down south. I'd definitely lack a faction to identify with if they aren't present, so fingers crossed!

YourStepDad said:
What exactly does that mean? Revisiting the factions west to east?

because as far as the slavs are concerned, they were precisely moving in the opposite direction; westward, with hordes of slavs ravaging the byzantine empire down south. I'd definitely lack a faction to identify with if they aren't present, so fingers crossed!

Basically he will review the faction list as he makes progress in making the mod, starting from the West as he makes his way East. Make sense?

The first five factions are broadly speaking the Picts, the Salian Franks, the Visigoths, the Suebi and the Britons (divided into four factions, Gwynedd, Ebrauc, Gododdin and Dumnonia, named after the most powerful kingdom). Next will be the two British Saxon kingdoms which existed by 500 AD, then Ireland, and I'll move eastwards implementing the Byzantines, Alemanni, Ripuarian Franks, Saxony, Juteland, Kvenland, Sueden... and then the Balkan Slavs and Scandinavians and Asia.

Back
Top Bottom