MP Modern [WB]Battlefield Europe: 1916

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A young vampire said:
I had some spare time, so i made a small Sig in case anyone wants to use it  :smile:.

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,208720.msg4962883.html#msg4962883][IMG]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5517/signaturegq.png[/IMG][/url]

That looks really good dude! Good job man!

Suggestion:  Cheerful sunny weather doesn't really fit into WW1 battlefield settings and mood, so it would be awesome if you guys could make the weather more cloudy, with less light, and more greyed-out colours. I don't know the extent to which this is possible but it would make the mod unique.

Amazing work so far, keep it up!

PS: That's an amazing sig vampire!

alexispao said:
Suggestion:  Cheerful sunny weather doesn't really fit into WW1 battlefield settings and mood, so it would be awesome if you guys could make the weather more cloudy, with less light, and more greyed-out colours. I don't know the extent to which this is possible but it would make the mod unique.

Movies and books tend to make WW1 look like a dark and gloomy time (witch it was) but it wasn't always like that, alot of the time it was a nice sunny day where battle took place but i do know were your coming from

pod455 said:
alexispao said:

Movies and books tend to make WW1 look like a dark and gloomy time (witch it was) but it wasn't always like that, alot of the time it was a nice sunny day where battle took place but i do know were your coming from

Aye, it was not always gloomy. I found it funny that sometimes the soldiers on each side didn't want to fight each other at all. They would send messages over saying things like "We're firing a cannon over at 9:00 on the right flank."

There was one account, on Christmas I think, that a man couldn't get food at his line so he went across the battlefield and asked for food with the allies. They gave him food and alcohol and he ate with them.  :razz:

SirAgmund said:
pod455 said:
alexispao said:

Aye, it was not always gloomy. I found it funny that sometimes the soldiers on each side didn't want to fight each other at all. They would send messages over saying things like "We're firing a cannon over at 9:00 on the right flank."

There was one account, on Christmas I think, that a man couldn't get food at his line so he went across the battlefield and asked for food with the allies. They gave him food and alcohol and he ate with them.  :razz:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

SirAgmund said:
pod455 said:
alexispao said:

I have heard of that with the food and stuff, WW1 was a very weird war with the central powers(Germans) and the allies  making friends

I know that the weather did not magically change for 5 years into cloudy weather etc. I'm only saying that cheerful weather and vivid colors won't really help players to feel they're in a muddy trench in the middle of combat.

I only suggested it as it would improve (imo) the gameplay & atmosphere, not because it is historically accurate or anything.

Same goes for the music.... default warband music is way too cheerful for WW1 warfare. I'd suggest changing music files with background fighting ones or something.

SirAgmund said:
pod455 said:
alexispao said:

Lol when I first heard that it completely changed my view of ww1.

Question, I was thinking of making a clan for this mod as a little side thing from MM, but I was thinking of how it would be possible? I know that it won't be a stereo typical view of WW1 just staying in a trench sniping others off but how would a 'linebattle' (if you can call them that) work?

Connzcdf said:
Question, I was thinking of making a clan for this mod as a little side thing from MM, but I was thinking of how it would be possible? I know that it won't be a stereo typical view of WW1 just staying in a trench sniping others off but how would a 'linebattle' (if you can call them that) work?
In the last one, we did sit in trench's for ages but when we charged it was epic. My 4th Division got 30 people one time and just seeing the massive line charge under fire is amazing

marchal davout said:
Connzcdf said:
In the last one, we did sit in trench's for ages but when we charged it was epic. My 4th Division got 30 people one time and just seeing the massive line charge under fire is amazing
So the battles are basically the charges? That's alright with me! I realy do look forward to it now! Cheers Davout! :wink:

I'm thinking the BE:1916 equivalent of line battles would be like squad play, where groups(regiments/clans/whatever) move around the battlefield coordinating with each other to destroy the enemy team. Basically linebattles but with loose blob formations instead of lines.

In wolfys old version, i fount that advancing and using grenades was key, it help to keep the enemys heads down, while kicking up alot of smoke, sorta screening your advance, also cover fire from team mates helps alot, but charging open ground, someone always gonna get hit :smile:

Using timed artillery on certain parts of the battlefield, will make pushing up easier, so longs a good smoke effect is huge along with the surpression effect

Still very much looking forward to this mod!! 

the (52nd) Ox and Buck will be our clan name for this mod when its released. :smile:

AgentGB said:
In wolfys old version, i fount that advancing and using grenades was key, it help to keep the enemys heads down, while kicking up alot of smoke, sorta screening your advance, also cover fire from team mates helps alot, but charging open ground, someone always gonna get hit :smile:

Using timed artillery on certain parts of the battlefield, will make pushing up easier, so longs a good smoke effect is huge along with the surpression effect

Still very much looking forward to this mod!! 

the (52nd) Ox and Buck will be our clan name for this mod when its released. :smile:
One word. Epic.

I remember with my clan on a trenchy kinda map, stuck under enemy fire and then . 3,2,1 and then we all got out of cover and turned the tide we lost 2 men with enemy losing 5-6 and we kept them under fire until we reached the trench and the bayonet fighting ensued. Best bit was a German threw a grenade it went over us and killed one of his team. Ah good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom