B Fantasy [WB] The Desert Dancer

Users who are viewing this thread

I was working on a scene prop for the past 2 weeks. Nothing spectacular, actually it has been ready for about 1 week, I just tried to make it better. For now it'll do. I am still frustrated by the UVW unwrapping in 3d Max because is scales up the damn texture and the baking in the same program - render to texture which only renders the texture WITH SHADOWS which I do not want. So I have to fit everything in PS and some times things just don't fit. Also the whole arranging of the unwrapped parts is a headache. That will have to be redone, texture enhanced to look more lively and redo the entrance part (now it looks too much like an igloo.

Also once I manage to have the texture done well I will do more versions of it. I want to correlate the texture with the prosperity of the settlement. So, this one here should be one very well maintained structure: no cracks, no fallen plaster. Also the roof edge proved to be quite useful as it kinda' shades the body. Maybe I will make it bigger.

Soon I want to post the whole concept drawings with the interior also. That will have to be done separately for the game :smile:

Here is Cryo's Dune inspiration:

Pyon desert communal dwelling:

Also FantasyWarrior taught me how to do those green bump maps that Warband uses so well. Merci, monsieur! Chapeau!

Edit: also for about one month I will have to stop working. I have to review some of my work projects for an examination this autumn which will mean redrafting everything. Hopefully it won't take more than a month.

Also, if anyone feels like texturing scene props feel free to let me know, I would really appreciate help with this. I have no problem modelling the stuff, just tell me how you want them, NURBS or low-poly.

Can you release an alpha/test version since you're not going to work anymore.

Yesterday I finished watching the miniseries and I liked what I saw. As for the Renaissance stuff, it actually fit (said by one who has not read the books).

I'm somehow waiting for this mod.

EDIT:
Offtopic: Did Paul marry the Emperor's Daughter(Irolan or something) in the end? Cos' he turned his back to her, but Chani's last narrative sentence seemed to approve.

Hey, I'm just taking a break until I finish polishing my work for the examination. The mod's not dead, it's just slow  :mrgreen:

For now there isn't much to release, not much playable anyway. If I'd want to release what I've done so far it'll be quite a mess because I have not cleaned up the whole BRF & textures folders and there's a lot of loose ends in the code. Most items I added don't even have LODs. Also I need to clear up my idea of gameplay for the future. Given the way the Dune universe is set, it's close to impossible for a wandering adventurer to raise huge armies and conquer the planet.

I'm sorry it's taking so long, but it's just a one-man team. Anyway, I'm happy you're interested. Once I'm done with my work stuff I'll focus more on scene props and some sceneing. Coding is a real pain when I don't have time to think it over, so I'll try to go around it for the recent future.

And yes, Paul married Irulan for political convenience. He gets the throne "legally" and the Empire's stability is maintained. Sort of.

I just remembered I reworked the faction map flags, so here's 2 screenshots with the Harkonnen and Fremen ones:

Also I repaired some of the broken links.

I'm busy with some work stuff for the moment. Hopefully by mid-august or September I should be back on track :smile:

28th july 2013

- ground texture reworked;
- mountain texture reworked;
- desert & spice textures reworked;
- new signature;
mb188.png

- new mouse pointer
cursor2.png

mb185.jpg

mb186.jpg

mb187.jpg

mb188.jpg

mb190.jpg

mb191.jpg

mb193.jpg

mb194.jpg

mb195.jpg

mb196.jpg

mb197.jpg

mb199.jpg

mb200.jpg

mb201.jpg

mb202.jpg

mb203.jpg

mb204.jpg

mb205.jpg

mb206.jpg

mb207.jpg

Hey, thanks for following my mod :grin:

I'm still a long way from an Alpha and now I'm actually in a bit of a hiatus given some work/office issues. This was just some weekend free time work I did. Hopefully once I finish with my RL stuff I can resume work on the mod. Maybe I'll have a test version in winter, but don't count on it.

Red night sky WIP

mb208_net.jpg

mb209_net.jpg

mb210_net.jpg

mb211_net.jpg

mb212_net.jpg

mb213_net.jpg

I need to get rid of the stretch marks around the horizon and lower the moons a bit as well as dimming their lightness. I worked a lot on how the surface of those moons looks like so I want it to be seen  :mrgreen:

Red night - clear sky

mb225_net.jpg

mb226_net.jpg

mb227_net.jpg

mb228_net.jpg

mb229_net.jpg

mb230_net.jpg

mb231_net.jpg

Day - clear sky

mb232_net.jpg

mb233_net.jpg

mb234_net.jpg

mb235_net.jpg

mb236_net.jpg

mb237_net.jpg

Day - dusty sky

mb238_net.jpg

mb239_net.jpg

mb240_net.jpg

mb241_net.jpg

mb242_net.jpg

Utahmcgraw said:
soo nice!! if you need testers send me a pm!!  :lol:

For now there is no test version. Once I will code in a bit of story I will think about releasing something, bu for the time being, nope. Sorry, and thanks for following!

Thanks MadVader. Also did a main menu background today. It might not be much but it will have to do until I find someone who can speedpaint (or people who want to share their works).

mb243_net.jpg

Also I could use a new font if that dude up in the forge would have time finish my request  :mrgreen:

New loadscreen

New loadscreen WIP

I've been looking for a place to use the full size of the moons I made and now I found it  :mrgreen:

Hey guys, long time no see. I have relocated (from one part of the world to another) and that is the main reason for my prolonged absence. Now, for the first time in a looooong time I will be able to use a desktop computer and a full sized screen. My only problem is where to find the Warband 1.153 installer? Or, is the 1.153 Module System compatible with the 1.158 version of Warband?

Looking forward to resume work on my mod,

Dawiduh

It is here:
http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_module_system_1153.zip
Although I believe that they are compatible if you aren't making an NW mod.

Back
Top Bottom