B Fantasy [WB] The Desert Dancer

Users who are viewing this thread

@Do not look here: I know, since I changed the textures to more desert-oriented colors the whole place looks duller. I still have to change the mountain texture and work on the world map to add more winding features... look really flat now. Also, unfortunately, right now I have no idea how to change weather effects. I will have to look into that so it won't rain or snow or fog in the desert  :shock:

Work in progress attacking people in settlements and creating a personal energy shield.

And some more eye candy here, new HUD display:

mb92.jpg

Finished implementing the troublesome "attack people in town" set of scripts. You can attack people in towns and villages which will cause loss of popularity both in the settlement and in the eyes of the local lord.

Thanks to Slawomir of Aaarrghh, HokieBT (biggest part of the code), Swyter (combing up the code), SheriffTheRevenger (lose popularity code) and MadVader for putting up with my lack of mable language.

There are some issues that bug me still, as the fact that you can still press TAB and get out of the place just like that and that the village and/or town still allow you to enter even if your popularity is -100, but that can wait for now.

Thanks, it's (very) slowly coming together. The good thing I'm getting more and more accustomed to the mable language, but far from being a good coder.

Now I'm working on implementing a personal force shield as described in the books. I'm trying to merge somehow the deployable pavise code with the capture the flag code as in deploying a scene prop onto yourself. Until now it only crashes the game, oh joy, hahaha!

Thanks MadVader, coming from such an unforgiving critique as yourself, this means a lot.

BTW, the scene prop for the personal force shield works... now I need to follow Lumos' advice and making it into a non wield-able item than can be activated in order to cast the bubble shield. God help me.

On the other hand there will be a one month hiatus due to personal reasons (my family comes to visit and I have to babysit them) so I will start work again around June 1st.

In the meantime, here you go, a banner  :mrgreen:

banner_v2.png

I had quite a boring day at work today and I also had some inspiration so i did the two moons seen from Arrakis. This is WIP and they'll be placed on a starlit background to look realistic.

moon_mouse.jpg

moon_fist.jpg

I need to work a bit more to make the shapes look more like terrain and not drawings and also differentiate each moon's background texture. But that is just finesse to be added and the main work has already been done.

Thanks! Though I doubt people will be gazing at the moons. Probably I can blur them a bit and do the skybox already...

There you go, I took it a bit further  :grin:
moon_mouse_2.jpg

moon_fist_2.jpg

Ok, the Fist moon is a bit too full of ridges. I remade it here:
moon_fist_3.jpg

From now on, any person expressing support for this mod will be permanently banned unless they can spell all their words correctly.
Thank you.

:smile:

18th june 2013 Update

Lumos has graciously offered his expertise in the shield coding and thus the mod now has a working shield. Only attacks from behind the shield will injure the character. There are still a few things to fine tune, but the shield is working (mostly visual). Thanks again Lumos!

Also my website is currently down and all images stored there are unreachable. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Some funny posters I found online:

visitarrakis.jpg

il_fullxfull.407508178_3blm.jpg

533647_16450281_lz.jpg

Visit-Arrakis.jpg

visit_scenic_arrakis_vintage_travel_poster-r435c35a059e147039247bf2f7c5cda50_bup_8byvr_512.jpg

poster,375x360,ffffff.jpg

Aaaand one occupy poster from those freethinkers in the future:
images

Also work is slowly progressing. I am working on building scene props.

Back
Top Bottom