B Native Musket Era [WB] Renaissance Mod - Beta Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Check!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Blue, red and white with brown jerkin: Swadians
  • Green, white and black with reddish jerkin: Rhodoks
  • Blue, black and white with yellowish jerkin: Nords
  • Black and red with black jerkin: Mercenaries like Hired Blades - will be renamed to "Black Legion [Pikeman, Swordman...]"
  • Yellow, blue and red with some jerkin: Other Mercenaries
  • Green, yellow, red: Raider derived Mercenaries (Yet uncertain...)
  • ... further suggestions?

Cast your choice now!  Make your suggestion!

(I want to integrate this into the mod as a whole set.)

I still think these textures are too dark... but maybe it's just about lighting?

Did soldiers in renaissance used some "national" colours? Or was it some mishmash?

Damn guy, you just killed me :shock:

Landsknecht, Döppelsoldner, Albrecht Dührer and co. ...

You MUST do it. God will help you in this quest :grin: ! I support this !

Metallicus said:
Damn guy, you just killed me :shock:

Landsknecht, Döppelsoldner, Albrecht Dührer and co. ...

You MUST do it. God will help you in this quest :grin: ! I support this !

Your support is much appreciated :grin: welcome aboard, Metallicus!

HUtH said:
I still think these textures are too dark... but maybe it's just about lighting?

Did soldiers in renaissance used some "national" colours? Or was it some mishmash?

I think it is about lightning. I got advanced lessons on texturing by Master Zimke. :grin: First, we compared his and my version in a preliminary ingame photo shooting:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zimke's proposition about saturation takes the model to a new top. I am very thankful for his advice. :grin:

As for your question on national colours: As far as I am informed, it was not until the late 17th century that uniformed clothing for their troops was appreciated by commanders. I heard stories that infantry would distinguish parties most of the time by yelling the respective warcry. However, every once in a while, I stumble upon references that give hint about uniforms resulting from heraldic clothing, kinghtly orders' clothing, regional clothing in late middle ages. Also, some owners of mercenary regiments bought "mass production" - if you could really use this term - garb to distribute to their troops.

For the Mod, however, a trade-off had to be made:
On one hand, the Mod is aiming for a genuine feeling of the Renaissance era - to be more precise: Earth's history from 1500 to 1540 with some items being really advanced reaching into the 1580s and a few being "old fashioned" stemming from the 1460s.
On the other hand, this is taking place in Calradia and a game, after all, not an exact reenactment. For the game part, I'd say, having heaps of guys with pokers dressed with the same set of about 6 or 7 suits and sharing blows is not exactly as enjoyable and intelligible as bands of people wearing distinct colours. Therefore, I made "national" colours.

But actually, you know the game: With the time passing, you'll have Lords switching loyalty and finally you'll have the mishmash. :wink:

^ in-game they look much better :smile: (but what is that light green ribbon on leg?! It need shading...)

On one hand, the Mod is aiming for a genuine feeling of the Renaissance era - to be more precise: Earth's history from 1500 to 1540 with some items being really advanced reaching into the 1580s and a few being "old fashioned" stemming from the 1460s.
On the other hand, this is taking place in Calradia and a game, after all, not an exact reenactment. For the game part, I'd say, having heaps of guys with pokers dressed with the same set of about 6 or 7 suits and sharing blows is not exactly as enjoyable and intelligible as bands of people wearing distinct colours. Therefore, I made "national" colours.
hmm yeah, I think some differances are good, probably I'm too touchy in that matter after many RTSes with stupid red-green-yellow-blue faction units :razz:

HUtH said:
^ in-game they look much better :smile: (but what is that light green ribbon on leg?! It need shading...)

hmm yeah, I think some differances are good, probably I'm too touchy in that matter after many RTSes with stupid red-green-yellow-blue faction units :razz:

How about the current sets?

Also, you could suggest more sets, you know? :wink:

lol, what a beard :razz: Looks very nice, but how it behaves during animations in a fight?

Bayard-X said:

I thing these sets are good :smile: (apart from taht light green ribbon :razz:)
And I don't have really any good ideas :razz:

HUtH said:
lol, what a beard :razz: Looks very nice, but how it behaves during animations in a fight?

Well, for now, it behaves like the long hair in game and other beards. :wink:

Bayard-X said:

I thing these sets are good :smile: (apart from taht light green ribbon :razz:)
And I don't have really any good ideas :razz:

A pity.

Anyway I'm currently doing the normal maps.

Feeri, feeri najs imigis!

I actually got hope that this will be good  :razz:

My mind is very complicated; you cannot know what was I thinking.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom