B Native [WB] Race Wars - Bloodshed - Open Beta Download Link on page 29!

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, that's right. I have an error with the textures atm, so now it still doesn't work, but it will work, yes. You can be Human, Ratman, Zombie, Skeleton, Goblin, maybe even a Troll (in Singleplayer, in Multiplayer it is sure that you will be able to play a troll)

IT_Fox said:
Now we have fixed the bug with the semi-transparency and the ATIcards. So all ghost are semi-transparent with all graphiccards.
Nice One!
I've always used nvidia cards so have never had any problems with transparency etc.

This is not at all relevant so feel free to ignore it, but what was the issue actually down to?
I didn't think that the two types would vary very much on something as common as transparency!

I dont know exactly what Fox did to fix it, but it looks a bit more bad when selecting equipment, but ingame it's semi-tranparent, and i think ingame (when wearing the armor) is much more important than in the menu... so, everyone who has at least Anti-Aliasing 4x will see semi-transparent ghosts. Unfortunately, you have to use at least 4x...

First I choosed the flag 2000, but this doesn't work with ATIcards, so I looked in the Native files and I found out that 104 is the right flag. And it works.

Patta said:
I dont know exactly what Fox did to fix it, but it looks a bit more bad when selecting equipment, but ingame it's semi-tranparent, and i think ingame (when wearing the armor) is much more important than in the menu... so, everyone who has at least Anti-Aliasing 4x will see semi-transparent ghosts. Unfortunately, you have to use at least 4x...

Damn!
Looks like I'm going to have to turn grass density down when the mod comes out...

But I think thats not as bad as not having semi transparent armors or characters. I tell you something: The semi transparent graphic is something of the best things I saw in the game Mount & Blade Warband.

IT-Killer

So, now that this problem is fixed, we have one of our greatest problems done :grin:
Also, there is no possibility of cheating now anymore, when someone turns antialiasing off to see the ghosts better. (As they are now, they are hard to see and to shoot, what is exactly what we wanted :wink:

So, we planned a bit more now, here are some facts:

At first, every faction will have the same 6 classes:

Archer
Crossbowman

Warrior (one handed weapons)
Warrior (two handed weapons)

Rider

Mage

Then, one class of each faction is going to have a special ability, but will be weaker from the equipment/stats
for example, the Human Hunter (The Archer) he has only acces to knives/daggers/falchions and no shields, and only light armor (leather armor will be the best) but he will either have the ability to make himself invisible for a (very) short time, or he will infiltrate and spawn not with the others from his team, but somewhere closer to the enemy/or somewhere where he can outflank them. But I think we will give him the invisibility, because the other thing is harder and more complicated, also we would have more problems with the Map-Making. Anf, the infiltration would only work in certain game modes, not in those like duel or deathmatch/team deathmatch, what would be a handicap for the Hunter in that game modes.

OK, that was it. I'll add a spoiler with the planned classes forthe Humans, as they are now, and with ideas for the other factions. These ideas are my ideas and mostly not discussed with the rest of us, so it won't be sure that they will be in the game!
Crossbowman (Repeater Crossbows)
Hunter (Bows, Knives, short Invisibility)

Militia (Sword and Shield, Spears)
Halberdier (heavy two handed weapons, no shields for defense, slow)

Cavalry (mighty for the humans, featuring good armor and horses)

Sorcerer (Healing Magic, maybe Blessing Magic too)

Archer (long bow as the best, slow bows only, relatively good armor)
Crossbowman (of course, crossbows, also relatively good armor and shields)

Marauder (One handed weapons, a great variety + shields, also spears)
Berserker (many different two handed weapons, low defense)

Rider (relatively weak, great variency of lances and swords)

The Faceles (Not semi-transparent, wearing black robes, the mages with cursing spells and necromantic spells)

Archer
Crossbowman

Warrior (One Handed Weapons, spears)
Warrior (Two handed weapons)

Skeleton (Anti-Cavalry, no horse for them, fast, relatively high agility, no shields, maybe a special ability)

Skeletal Mage (Better armor than other mages, Destructiong and Necromantic spells)

Archer
Crossbowman

Assassin (featuring one handed weapons, maybe a special ability)
Warrior (two handed weapons, spears/pikes maybe)

Rider (Throwing weapons, only bad lances)

Shaman (Destruction and maybe natural spells)

Also, there are now banners for most of the factions we did till now. The Zombies, The Ratmen, The Humans now have their own Banner.

As Patta said, we have the banners for the Ratman, the Humans and the Zombies. Screens will follow soon. But we have no idea for the Ghost's Banner, so now it's your turn: Any ideas? The one who gives us the final idea comes into the game as a lord of the Ghosts.

The name of this mod is rather...questionable. Coming off studying the Civil Rights Movement, it sure gave me a start :razz:

Yes, we already heared this... We are thinking about "Fantasy Wars: Bloodshed", but we decided to keep the name, at least at the moment. maybe later, we will change it :wink:

This mod looks BEAST good luck :smile:

Im assuming that zombies will have weak armor so maybe you should make it to where you increase the number of playes that the zombie faction can have. (idk if this is even possible, just a suggestion)

I dont know too if that is possible, but i dont really think so... We planned to give them high Ironflesh skill, also this skill will be changed to absorb damge, not give 3 Lifer point plus... the skill is not really sensefull like it is in native...

Back
Top Bottom