Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubcake said:
Check out Hispania 1200 instead of this vaporwave
N O

bGz8ige.jpg

新しい日の誕生

Been following the mod on Moddb since 2 years ago, hope you guys can release it soon. I've read in this thread some offering to make voices lines, I actually need voice lines for my own mod, so if someone would like to help me on that please pm me, thanks.

thewanderingknight said:
Been following the mod on Moddb since 2 years ago, hope you guys can release it soon. I've read in this thread some offering to make voices lines, I actually need voice lines for my own mod, so if someone would like to help me on that please pm me, thanks.

Contact Comrade Crimson or something, think that's the name.

Gab-AG. said:
thewanderingknight said:

Contact Comrade Crimson or something, think that's the name.

Yeah I did it few days ago already, he didn't logged in the site yet, hopefully he can help though.

Could you give informations about progress? What are you working on , the things should be done, percentage to full complete mod etc. I mean at least people will think it is not dead and development continues.

By the way i can help about Turkish war cry words and their pronunciation.

A fresco of Knights departing to the crusade, Saint-Jacques-des-Guérets Church, France and a larger image of the Fresque de l'église Saint-Jacques-des-Guérets (cropped at the bottom).
Fresque_de_leglise_Saint-Jacques-des-Guerets_th.jpg

The church is 12th century and has 12th century and later frescos.
The left-hand knight is probably Thibaut de Montmorency, (son of Bouchard IV de Montmorency), who went on crusade in 1147.
Does anyone have more information about this, such as the identity of the right-hand knight depicted?

MIRROR SITE
Knights departing to the crusade, Saint-Jacques-des-Guérets Church, France

Druzhina
13th Century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

I thought Thibaud de Montmorency died in the 1090's?

Like, I could be mistaken here, but if the guy on the left is Thibaud, and Thibaud lived during the beginning of the Knights Templar order, then I'd suggest the guy on the right is Hugues de Payens, the co-founder and first Grand Master of the Order. It'd only make sense with the text above the right knight's head.

"Hugo de" / "Hvgo de"

Which could easily be Hugo de Payens, also known as Hugues de Payens.

But it does seem too easy, I guess?

cody2224 said:
Aww dang  :sad:
Better luck next time! :wink:

Reus said:
I thought Thibaud de Montmorency died in the 1090's?

Like, I could be mistaken here, but if the guy on the left is Thibaud, and Thibaud lived during the beginning of the Knights Templar order, then I'd suggest the guy on the right is Hugues de Payens, the co-founder and first Grand Master of the Order. It'd only make sense with the text above the right knight's head.

"Hugo de" / "Hvgo de"

Which could easily be Hugo de Payens, also known as Hugues de Payens.

But it does seem too easy, I guess?

There is another, earlier, Thibaud de Montmorency, son of Bouchard III.

I will have a look for Hugues de Payens.

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

@Fahnenträger those are Turkish war cries. In case of you may want to use them.

Kill them all!                            -  Hepsini öldürün!
God is with us                        -  Allah/Tanrı bizimledir
Attack!                                  -  Saldırın! / Hücum!
Death to infidels!                    -  Kâfirlere ölüm!
After them / Catch 'em              - Yakalayın
To glory!                                - Zafere!
We've won                              - Kazandık
Pull back / Retreat                    - Geri Çekilin
Disperse                                - Dağılın!
We are warriors of the God      - Biz Allah'ın askeriyiz
Your end is near                      - Sonunuz geldi
Surrender!                              - Teslim ol!
Ambush!                                -  Pusu
Trap!                                    - Tuzak

Also;

There are religious words like  "Ya Allah!" , " Ya Muhammed'" , "Ya Ali" , "Hü!" , "Bismillah!",  "Bismişah Allah!" , "Tekbir!" , "Allahü Ekber" , "Yezid soyları!" which Turks uses a lot.

The word "Ya" is something like "To". And "Hü" means "him" for God. "Yezid Soyları" means sons of Yezid. This word is a curse.

And there is  "Gök girsun , kızıl çıksun" . This word remained from the old Turkic religion Tengri it is more like oath than war cry. It means "may it enters like sky and exits like red" which describes the color of blade when it enters to human body.

Lastly here are some Turkish war songs from popular Turkish series "Muhteşem Yüzyıl" . They are belong to Ottoman Dynasty but their words also work for Seljuks. Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_vmV7Z7oz0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbqG7VATF-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom