MP Medieval [WB] A World of War & Blood [RTS based Warband Module!]

Users who are viewing this thread

domipoppe

Knight
Old Guard
YlRqmlt.png

RdvHqNX.png

A World of War & Blood (AWOWB) is a multiplayer RTS (real time strategy) Mount & Blade Warband modification.
The modification is split into two parts: Strategy (in your web browser) & Fight (in your actual game).
At the start, you will choose a culture and then you will spawn on a map with one little castle - bad defences - low upgrade rates - low soldier capacity but peace time.

In the peace time, you can upgrade and recruit in real time. E.G: one-hour in-game action will take one hour in real life.
You can upgrade your castle's defences, recruit soldiers, capture castles & raid villages.
The important thing is: Some castles/villages are AI owned and some are actually player owned.
The modification is based on the idea of Stronghold Kingdoms - just with fights in Warband.
As soon as a fight starts - you and your opponent have 30 minutes time to join the fight (a server with a special name & password). If one of both failures, the joined player will fight the enemy army as under AI control. Otherwise, both people fight against each other and control their big armies. The armies will use a new wave-respawn system to balance performance. If both players fail to join the AI will auto-resolve the result. The result of the fight will be passed to the web based game part and will apply there for you & everyone else.

The game keeps going on even when you are online, and you can trade, raid, form alliances and much more whilst sleeping or being offline. The bots are set up on hard, blocking is forced on manual, damage to the player is the same as to bots and damage from the player to the bots is the same as well. We want to make it real & challenging.

YWjWzUB.png

- Multiplayer real time strategy
- Based on a web browser like game & on Warband itself
- Massive battles with real players or AI
- Trade
- Build & upgrade villages/castles
- Upgrade your troops or recruit them
- EXP leveling system for your lord (as higher level as more castles can be owned etc.)

AjvYvgZ.png

Current Stage: 2/3

Stage 1
Create the web browser game

Stage 2
Create the game based side of the mod

Stage 3
Link both & finish additions of the module

ZFCcDHU.png

Illuminati - Founder & Main Developer

t5eS5ot.png

If you want to help us, then there are many ways of how to do.
You could do artwork, model, texture, scripting, write blog entries/lore parts and so on.
Even when you gather friends and form a big group of interests it would help a lot.

OmLO4JA.png

Media

DuzAOhs.png

Credits

TBD. Thread is really WIP. I will post on it as soon as it's done.

Best of luck with this, but please don't spiral down into the development hell. I think that it would be optimal to work mainly on the base code for the modification concept, rather than spending precious time on making new 3D resources. The base game, with a few additions from the already existing OSP would do.

What happens if one player is captured by another? Will they still be able to escape after a random passage of time or will they have to ransom themselves? While a prisoner, presumably a player can't control their forces. If they must ransom themselves, they may need to be able to mortgage their castle - no one wants to be stuck indefinitely.

NPC99 said:
What happens if one player is captured by another? Will they still be able to escape after a random passage of time or will they have to ransom themselves? While a prisoner, presumably a player can't control their forces. If they must ransom themselves, they may need to be able to mortgage their castle - no one wants to be stuck indefinitely.

It depends, if your army get's defeat on the field your lord will escape to some random castle or army owned by you.
-> If you have no castle's or armys on the map left -> Defeat situation

If your castle gets captured or destroyed, your lord will retreat to some random castle or army onwed by you aswell.

A "defeat" of you happens when you don't have any armys nor any castles left on the map, like no outcome position.
Then you will randomly spawn on the map with a start army (which is not strong enough to attack people, just enough to set up a castle).
It's not possible to kill "you" or the "lord" which you basically are. Like in Warband. You won't loose static resources as gold or experience by having that.

domipoppe said:
NPC99 said:

It depends, if your army get's defeat on the field your lord will escape to some random castle or army owned by you.

If your castle gets captured or destroyed, your lord will retreat to some random castle or army onwed by you aswell.

A "defeat" of you happens when you don't have any armys nor any castles left on the map, like no outcome position.
Then you will randomly spawn on the map with a start army (which is not strong enough to attack people, just enough to set up a castle).
It's not possible to kill "you" or the "lord" which you basically are. Like in Warband. You won't loose static resources as gold or experience by having that.

Thanks for the clarification. Best wishes for the project.

DanyEle said:
It reminds me of the "Strategus" mode for cRPG that was popular a few years ago, with a few different features! Good luck  :grin:
Strategus was my first though aswell, but reading further into it, there are quite a few differences.
Looking forward to see what you come up with, gl!

Namakan said:
DanyEle said:
It reminds me of the "Strategus" mode for cRPG that was popular a few years ago, with a few different features! Good luck  :grin:
Strategus was my first though aswell, but reading further into it, there are quite a few differences.
Looking forward to see what you come up with, gl!

I personally don't know the Strategus mode. Anyways, thanks a lot.

Newstime  :!:

I started coding the web browser part.
I finished a 40x40 HEX-Tile map (which can be made smaller and bigger easily).
The basement is done, you can recruit troops and sell them.
You can click castles and see information about it, if it yours, you can recruit there.

The plan is now:
- Implant movement
- Implant castle placement if you have no castles or high enough level to get another one
- Figure out how long it would take to move from one tile to another one
- Figure out a EXP list with level and castle amount
- Figure out how to produce gold
- Figure out how to gain EXP
- Try to balance
- Start the module itself on Warband
-> Prepare some scenes of all cultures for AWOWAB
-> Create the "spawn" troop system & wave system
-> Create the "waiting" lobby script
-> Create & link it with web browser part

And then we are in Closed Early-Beta and we can test :smile:

News.

I am linking the backend to the module system now.
I want to see if the battle system works.
If yes - I have to add the leveling & economy.
Then I can do open alpha tests.

I'm still in the need of some skilled GFX artists.

Back
Top Bottom