SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shimmler said:
Some new stuff by our new team-member Dezz made for Riverlands:

519138aaf83a7279dee611acfe0b3b80.jpg

4e21cabb3c2dcf0c17a7ef166ff1eede.jpg

e7bd5114904c00ae3f36dbdc8462bcef.jpg

ed78d6872821c81651b383af6ba300e9.jpg

Fellow texturers, this is the type of armors we need right now - to have something to give to cannon fodder who will day in the name of GOD-EMPEROR their respective King!

Incredible stuff! By the way, do you guys have any Greyjoy stuff? I want to give making that Greyjoy breastplate(that we see so much in the show) a shot.
 
These castles truly look stunning, but I still feel that proper flora is missing, which could easily be handled by Polished Landscapes, and truly enhance the experience, but I see you guys don't seem to be using it. :sad:

May I ask why?
 
YourStepDad said:
These castles truly look stunning, but I still feel that proper flora is missing, which could easily be handled by Polished Landscapes, and truly enhance the experience, but I see you guys don't seem to be using it. :sad:

May I ask why?

Flora? These are the Iron Isles, a land of rock and salt. The people here have to break their backs to farm anything, is it any wonder they prefer raiding? In any event, these battle scenes need not be so complex, especially when you will likely have 150-200 guys running around trying to gut one another like a fish.
 
Well there are SOME trees, as we have seen it on the screenshots, but I didn't mean just the iron isles, I was talking about the whole mod really.

Anyway, doubt adding Polished Landscapes is anything complex, in fact, an average mod user may add it, it's just that without adjustment it will randomly be spread across the scenes, causing some weird and/or ugly placements, such as trees inside towns, inns, trees covering roads, frequent way overforested battlefields etc.

It's honestly by far, and I really mean it when I say it, by far, the best, most realistic vegetation I've seen in any game. It would really be able to recreate those gloomy forests around Winterfell shown in season 1 of the HBO series.(Among other things, of course)

Vikingr, AD 1257 and The Deluge are just some fantastic examples of how magnificent the landscapes can look with it. I personally have stopped looking at other game of thrones mods and focused on this one, because it looks the most promising. It would be a shame for the best westeros mod not to have such pretty landscapes. :razz:
 
hiner said:
Thought I'd go ahead and post screens of the almost finished castle that I've been working on for the past couple of days.  Just need to add some minor details here and there, and then finish up the A.I. mesh.

Please do note that this is still technically a work in progress and everything you see is subject to change.

Start off with a nice scenic pic.
CC2633F02DD93A6E668A6146965EF5A74DED8DB6

Next screens show off the starting point.
CE4A2479B2C0CFD6F737DD759C27D9426A00E79D
Facing left.
76D19E70D7F9190EA4BC5BACA0033BEB04A1DDB7
Facing right.
B499EC5970E330004358886F6F879B44C809B702

Leading up to the castle.  First you have to cross a tombolo.
6015B069F0673AED78FD3ADE5BB7B254239189E3
C5AD89F59F7CC2A46F928F3AC06D8BB4A68D33DD

Top down view of the castle itself.
9C9DC70308A1C370FD0508A5A50967253AACCBF6

Inside the walls.
A9454A5AB737E1CBC18FD704C552E61F482A9AE4
3F05BF1C336FF44C3B99F52FDBF07B4889CD98F4

Overlooking the gate back towards the start point.  Also gives a sense of what the enemy would have to cross through.
054A2592FCF21BBEC94EE8D6495C4BFE4ED713A5

I even made the keep scalable.
BBBAF28AA36E4342A08D0AB6A6879F1DF2C8376F
6ECA4B25FBD75AEAC316BF68883062EF5F8A440F

Along the castle walls are a couple of battlement corners that one can enter into.  One overlooking the tombolo and entrance to the castle and the other (featured here) looking out to sea.
C70F56E0BDD0DEF86E9B4BF58D957586594383D5

Hope you all enjoyed!!

is that supposed to be any specific castle? Looks great btw :smile:
 
A little later, the guys at the iron island will have its own interesting flora. And we add in all the scenes for them  :wink:  Dwarf birch curves, small bent pine ...  :smile:
 
Hi. A quick suggestion about the castle. It does look awesome and I love the scenery around it, but if I was attacking that castle IRL I would have men on those rocks firing down on the castle. I know you've based this is on a real castle but with those rocks being where they are I think it needs a tower that stands taller.

Also, if the Count can make a heraldic armour I think it would be better suited for a mid class type of troop for all factions. This way all lords will have armies that represent their lords colours.

Great work guys, I've been watching since page 102 and I'm inspired by everyones progress/improvement (especially RobSmith). Might be I'll try to start learning soon and help out if needed
 
hiner said:
Thought I'd go ahead and post screens of the almost finished castle that I've been working on for the past couple of days.  Just need to add some minor details here and there, and then finish up the A.I. mesh.

Please do note that this is still technically a work in progress and everything you see is subject to change.

Start off with a nice scenic pic.
CC2633F02DD93A6E668A6146965EF5A74DED8DB6

Next screens show off the starting point.
CE4A2479B2C0CFD6F737DD759C27D9426A00E79D
Facing left.
76D19E70D7F9190EA4BC5BACA0033BEB04A1DDB7
Facing right.
B499EC5970E330004358886F6F879B44C809B702

Leading up to the castle.  First you have to cross a tombolo.
6015B069F0673AED78FD3ADE5BB7B254239189E3
C5AD89F59F7CC2A46F928F3AC06D8BB4A68D33DD

Top down view of the castle itself.
9C9DC70308A1C370FD0508A5A50967253AACCBF6

Inside the walls.
A9454A5AB737E1CBC18FD704C552E61F482A9AE4
3F05BF1C336FF44C3B99F52FDBF07B4889CD98F4

Overlooking the gate back towards the start point.  Also gives a sense of what the enemy would have to cross through.
054A2592FCF21BBEC94EE8D6495C4BFE4ED713A5

I even made the keep scalable.
BBBAF28AA36E4342A08D0AB6A6879F1DF2C8376F
6ECA4B25FBD75AEAC316BF68883062EF5F8A440F

Along the castle walls are a couple of battlement corners that one can enter into.  One overlooking the tombolo and entrance to the castle and the other (featured here) looking out to sea.
C70F56E0BDD0DEF86E9B4BF58D957586594383D5

Hope you all enjoyed!!

nice work!
 
hiner said:
Thought I'd go ahead and post screens of the almost finished castle that I've been working on for the past couple of days.  Just need to add some minor details here and there, and then finish up the A.I. mesh.
Simply amazing :grin:
 
Knüppel said:
I personally was most disturbed by how they handle the Night's Watch scene with John.
After all, he still is to be ordered by Halfhand to join the wildlings. And I totally not see this happen in the next episode the way it went in the book, after all they already assaulted the wildling scouts around Ygritte. Also I wonder where the other crows came from, in the book it was explictly described they was sent off one after another before Halfhand and John finally found some Wildling scouts.

Or is that one sentence from Halfhand after the fight meant to be what spread over chapters in the book?
Anyway, excited to see how it's continuing here, specially as Ygritte's performance was the most convincing so far of the new introduced character (Yeah, Mel and Brienne are both good, but sooo artificial. Ygritte .... "Stop moving!".... :lol: )

I hope they will fix it somehow like the following: Jon let's her free when his companions appraoch/find Ygritte & Jon. Then continue as expected. That would explain a bit better why Ygritte speaks out for Jon later. But what's really imoprtant to me is that Jon has to let her free more or less willingly, but there is still time for that.


@the armour: very cool.

@the castle: Beautiful. Really loveable.
 
I finally finished reading through the 200+ pages of the thread... each page only increases my excitement for the mod! Really looks fantastic.

Love the look of the Iron Islands scenes. They remind me of the Outer Hebrides in Scotland. Don't know if any of you have been there, it's fairly remote, but here are some pictures of the islands so you can see what I mean -

duncarloway1.jpg

Garenin_Black_House_Village_Isle_of_Lewis_Outer_Hebrides_Scotland.jpg

St_Columbas_Church,_Aiginis,_Isle_of_Lewis.jpg

HighStreet.jpg

6083172981_d64843c896_z.jpg

Castlebay.JPG

 
поздравления с Днем Победы из Литвы !  :smile:

Great castle hiner!  :eek:  :grin:
Realy remindsm my Riverrun by its shape. But those wooden houses inside looks greyjoyish.
It would be nice to hear the name of this castle. Or its just random?
 
Books spoiler.

Only now did I start reading A Storm of Swords, and now I want to play this mod more then ever to avenge my king. It's been spoiled for me, but I still can't shake it... Bloody Boltons and Freys, they will be first I'll turn my sword against. Please add good soundtracks of men screaming like children and begging for their lives so I can take more pleasure in killing them.  :evil:
 
Liamar said:
Books spoiler.

Only now did I start reading A Storm of Swords, and now I want to play this mod more then ever to avenge my king. It's been spoiled for me, but I still can't shake it... Bloody Boltons and Freys, they will be first I'll turn my sword against. Please add good soundtracks of men screaming like children and begging for their lives so I can take more pleasure in killing them.  :evil:

Such a cliché that everyone is on the side of the Starks.

I'm cheering Stannis.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom