SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem occurs when people get fed up of waiting for a month to pass in game to get from KL to wall.
A week is a good length of time in game. It gives it the scale it needs, along with the speed to be playable.

It was a long way from KL to winterfell as Kjempeklumpen states, but the king does not move quickly. He has an entourage of around 200 people.

People take ships because it is much faster than horse or walking. A ship can (more or less) travel in a line from port to port. Winds providing!

IMO a week suits well for the mod. Any longer and people will get very bored. Shorter and the whole of Westeros will seem too small!!

Keep up the great work guys!

I only wanted to state that six days from KL to TW seemed an extremelly small amount of time, considering that Westeros is on the size of Latin America...
The "monthS(1)" was only to make this a bit clearer, I know it wouldn't take that much time in smaller travelparties. :wink:
I wasn't suggesting months of travelling in MaB (my god no!), I do think a week is fine (maybe a tiny, tiny bit more, but thats only my opinion), you shouldn't have to, as you say, use the time to travel, when you could be killing Lannisters! (...) :wink:

manekemaan said:
Dont forget that warband ai is not good with long travel distances, for an example when they go besieging they only take settlements near enough to defend.

Theon Greyjoy should learn about this xD

Anyways like Callahan89 said before, one week it's good enough. This is not a ASOIAF Simulator.

Thurak said:
@Hurleur: Good Luck in real life.

@Hiner: and from far away. At least in the first screen :wink:. Looks very nice.

jezza93 said:
Just watched last nights GOT
Bit dissapointed to see Rodrik die like that,I was looking forward to the bastard betrayal. Killing the Blacksmith would have accomplished the same and now Im just left wondering how the bastard will take Winterfell from Theon.
Last scene with Robb: Lord Bolton offers him to send his bastard with troops to retake Winterfell and Robb agrees. But you are totally right, this episode they changed a lot.

I believe they are doing this in order to make the story to pass more smoothly.
Remember, Rodrik died all the same. In the books he simply died at the hands of the Boltons, but they don't have time to show Ramsay's time in Winterfell as Reek, so they simply ironed this bend in the plot out. At the expense of all of us knowing that the Boltons are traitors by that point.

Tonny93 said:
Guys,
I have to say that this is AWESOME work!

When is total version going to be released?

By the way, if you need a tester, I would love to help make the game more 'playable'.

The amount of impatient people is quite terrifying.

Roach XI the Magnificent said:
Thurak said:
@Hurleur: Good Luck in real life.

@Hiner: and from far away. At least in the first screen :wink:. Looks very nice.

jezza93 said:
Just watched last nights GOT
Bit dissapointed to see Rodrik die like that,I was looking forward to the bastard betrayal. Killing the Blacksmith would have accomplished the same and now Im just left wondering how the bastard will take Winterfell from Theon.
Last scene with Robb: Lord Bolton offers him to send his bastard with troops to retake Winterfell and Robb agrees. But you are totally right, this episode they changed a lot.

I believe they are doing this in order to make the story to pass more smoothly.
Remember, Rodrik died all the same. In the books he simply died at the hands of the Boltons, but they don't have time to show Ramsay's time in Winterfell as Reek, so they simply ironed this bend in the plot out. At the expense of all of us knowing that the Boltons are traitors by that point.

Well that makes sense I guess.

It really proved Theons weakness that it took so many tries to lop his head off,reminded me of the tale of Thomas Beckett's murder. Remind me,did Theon have trouble killing the blacksmith in the books?

Excerpt from AWOIAF
Mikken was slain by Stygg, an ironborn raider in service to Theon Greyjoy when they captured Winterfell.

he didn't do it himself.

EDIT: Unless you meant hard for him giving the order, because he knew mikken, of course

You need to be pretty strong to chop a mans head of with one strike from a one handed sword, but in the scene it as you say clearly appears the weak side of Theon :smile: Stygg... Laughing hard at that name everytime I read it  :lol: It is a direct translation of "ugly" in norwegian  :cool:

Some new stuff by our new team-member Dezz made for Riverlands:

519138aaf83a7279dee611acfe0b3b80.jpg

4e21cabb3c2dcf0c17a7ef166ff1eede.jpg

e7bd5114904c00ae3f36dbdc8462bcef.jpg

ed78d6872821c81651b383af6ba300e9.jpg

Fellow texturers, this is the type of armors we need right now - to have something to give to cannon fodder who will day in the name of GOD-EMPEROR their respective King!

Nordmannen said:
Stygg... Laughing hard at that name everytime I read it  :lol: It is a direct translation of "ugly" in norwegian  :cool:

In swedish it means bad/nasty

Oh and great looking armour. What is the crosses for though, don't remember who used that in the books.

Top quality...I'd rather have 100 starved and desperately ragged looking men then 100 all shiny snob knights when beta comes!

One questions, i see all this armors but...and the weapons? Do u can create models to "legendary" weapons like the "Ice" (Stark Sword) to get on quests (very hards).

Another question, and the heraldic armors?
Can be armors that change only someone parts? Like the arms or only  one symbol on the chest?

PD: Will have naval battles?

Sorry my bad english.

there is a ton of screenshots on the first page in the second and third post answering all your question without a word :wink:

I personally was most disturbed by how they handle the Night's Watch scene with John.
After all, he still is to be ordered by Halfhand to join the wildlings. And I totally not see this happen in the next episode the way it went in the book, after all they already assaulted the wildling scouts around Ygritte. Also I wonder where the other crows came from, in the book it was explictly described they was sent off one after another before Halfhand and John finally found some Wildling scouts.

Or is that one sentence from Halfhand after the fight meant to be what spread over chapters in the book?
Anyway, excited to see how it's continuing here, specially as Ygritte's performance was the most convincing so far of the new introduced character (Yeah, Mel and Brienne are both good, but sooo artificial. Ygritte .... "Stop moving!".... :lol: )

Thought I'd go ahead and post screens of the almost finished castle that I've been working on for the past couple of days.  Just need to add some minor details here and there, and then finish up the A.I. mesh.

Please do note that this is still technically a work in progress and everything you see is subject to change.

Start off with a nice scenic pic.
CC2633F02DD93A6E668A6146965EF5A74DED8DB6

Next screens show off the starting point.
CE4A2479B2C0CFD6F737DD759C27D9426A00E79D
Facing left.
76D19E70D7F9190EA4BC5BACA0033BEB04A1DDB7
Facing right.
B499EC5970E330004358886F6F879B44C809B702

Leading up to the castle.  First you have to cross a tombolo.
6015B069F0673AED78FD3ADE5BB7B254239189E3
C5AD89F59F7CC2A46F928F3AC06D8BB4A68D33DD

Top down view of the castle itself.
9C9DC70308A1C370FD0508A5A50967253AACCBF6

Inside the walls.
A9454A5AB737E1CBC18FD704C552E61F482A9AE4
3F05BF1C336FF44C3B99F52FDBF07B4889CD98F4

Overlooking the gate back towards the start point.  Also gives a sense of what the enemy would have to cross through.
054A2592FCF21BBEC94EE8D6495C4BFE4ED713A5

I even made the keep scalable.
BBBAF28AA36E4342A08D0AB6A6879F1DF2C8376F
6ECA4B25FBD75AEAC316BF68883062EF5F8A440F

Along the castle walls are a couple of battlement corners that one can enter into.  One overlooking the tombolo and entrance to the castle and the other (featured here) looking out to sea.
C70F56E0BDD0DEF86E9B4BF58D957586594383D5

Hope you all enjoyed!!

I hate you Hiner, that's my favorite castle so far and you had to go and make it almost impregnable. now I need to go get Bronn to help me take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom