SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones (Now Recruiting New Members)

Users who are viewing this thread

.... Or when we say it is.

That works too.

CalvinG said:
What about the fire priests and the alchemists?

Religions are still being tweaked, we might not have the complex system we want in the first installment. However, I think we have made plans for employing the alchemists to make wildfire. But I am uncertain of the exact specifics myself.

Just wondering will this mod have the "Freelancer mod"(I think that is what its called) that is in the floris mod and allows the player to join a lord in his army. This would be a great thing to include and would make the game much better.

I just made an account to say that you're doing great job and keep it up!
I've been checking on your mod development last couple of months and I wait for it with excitement.
Take your time, make a great mod.
I have one question though: have you taken any thought about the new mount and blade 2: bannerlord and possible GoT mod for the sequel too?

Immortal212 said:
Just wondering will this mod have the "Freelancer mod"(I think that is what its called) that is in the floris mod and allows the player to join a lord in his army. This would be a great thing to include and would make the game much better.

I believe we have plans to that end. Freelancer is a mainstay in many good mods and I hope to have the chance myself to fight alongside ASOIAF heroes.

justchilin said:
I have one question though: have you taken any thought about the new mount and blade 2: bannerlord and possible GoT mod for the sequel too?

With a new game comes new interests, which is always good for the modding community. The ideas as well as items and art put into this mod and other Game of Thrones mods could easily be carried over (atleast in concept) to a new M&B II mod. I don't know if it will be this team that spearheads that new development but I am hopeful that our work will play a part in it.

Owen Wulfson said:
I don't think direwolves will make an appearance in our first installment. There were earlier plans to co-opt the wargs from the LOTR mod but they were never realized. The M&B engine and has many limitations, among them few ways to properly integrate animals. The boars and deers in Brytenwalda were essentially re-skinned horses, and no one has ever done proper bite attack mechanics to my knowledge. So no, I don't think we will be giving players the chance to become ASOIAF wargs anytime soon.

The reckoning mod has bite/attack mechanics I think
As you can see later on in the trailer (like 1min37) the dogs actually jump on the troops, and I seem to remember TLD having bears that attacked you with sweeping arm strokes and stuff

Do not look here said:
Does that mean you'll work on quickening Lumos' womb, or those two are separate events? :wink:
That's (un?)fortunately incompatible with my physiology, so they'll have to be two separate events, because the mod being released is something that is both possible and certain.

Owen Wulfson said:
.... Or when we say it is.

That works too.
Sorry, I just couldn't restrain myself. It was such a perfect occasion to repeat Dany's words. :razz:

I am really busy with RL these days but I am still working hard on this mod. I am doing coding mostly so there wont be screenshots anytime soon. The mod will be released sometime in the early/first half of the 2014. :razz:
As for Beta release. I could release fully working mod by the end of the december (around catholic christmas) but then there wouldn't be much scenes in the mod or big features like Nights Watch. I hope Lumos finds some time for the Nights Watch feature, sometime this year. :lol:

GoldEagleMNE said:
I am really busy with RL these days but I am still working hard on this mod. I am doing coding mostly so there wont be screenshots anytime soon. The mod will be released sometime in the early/first half of the 2014. :razz:
As for Beta release. I could release fully working mod by the end of the december (around catholic christmas) but then there wouldn't be much scenes in the mod or big features like Nights Watch. I hope Lumos finds some time for the Nights Watch feature, sometime this year. :lol:

If you ask me, You could better release a beta , i've seen how far this mod is from the inside and i think it is probably the best beta on warband, i think people care less about scenes then about armors and troop trees. Besides, name ONE mod that released with a 100% completion? and which afther that didnt add stuff?

This is arguably with the Veiled Star the biggest mod and people have been working/ waiting on it for 2 years i believe. Iff you ask me this would be a good christmas to release it in Beta. maybe even attrect some new Sceners/ modellers to the team. Perhaps even (blasphemy)  the Clash of Kings team. as i am currently trying their mod, i think already this mod exceeds them. Maybe their team members will feel the same.

I understand you dont want to deliver half work, but i dont think this is half work mate.

Flattery is all well and good but there is no need to cushion out your requests with it as if you're preparing to drop an anvil on your new tile floor. What I mean to say is, yes a beta here and now would be all well and good but it is ultimately up to the modders on the team to decide whether or not they think they have product worth putting out.

Also, no dissing other mods and projects on this forum please. We prefer to maintain a respectful atmosphere here concerning other people's works.

Owen Wulfson said:
Flattery is all well and good but there is no need to cushion out your requests with it as if you're preparing to drop an anvil on your new tile floor. What I mean to say is, yes a beta here and now would be all well and good but it is ultimately up to the modders on the team to decide whether or not they think they have product worth putting out.

Also, no dissing other mods and projects on this forum please. We prefer to maintain a respectful atmosphere here concerning other people's works.

i didnt mean to diss them, their mod is just older and more 'rushed ' then this mod. Besides Owen i wasn't pushing the team to release the beta, but i did say that it might be the right time to do it afther this time. And as i said, afther playing it people might get interested in helping again. like, when did i decide to join the team? Afther i saw GOT on tv. but seeing is thats only 10 hours a year, playing this mod can be a big stimulation for people like me, who need to  feel the presence of GOT to want to work with it.

going back a little, when you said you would include prostitutes, does this mean specific ones such as ros, daisy, armeca etc. or just a generic one?

jd5243 said:
going back a little, when you said you would include prostitutes, does this mean specific ones such as ros, daisy, armeca etc. or just a generic one?

We will have named prostitutes from the series, tv & books when feasible, including that one that used a crossbow at the Battle of Castle Black, Zei. I suppose it would not be out of our way to name the other prostitutes.

Like Big Richard in the Westerlands , who will show you the contents of his 'sheath' to your 'sword' for a price....

I made that up just now, but yes we will likely have named npc for such tasks.

by the way in regard to poems you should include the rains of castamere. It hate the lannisters but i love the song :grin:

if you could include sansa, tyrion, and jon snow it would be the best because they all were not included in A Clash of Kings mod :grin:

Please include all responses in one post when possible and refrain from double posting. Also, the Rains of Castemere is not for serenading women - it recounts the slaughter of an entire noble house. Of course we will try to include special characters from the series into the mods in our own way.

jd5243 said:
if you could include sansa, tyrion, and jon snow it would be the best because they all were not included in A Clash of Kings mod :grin:

Sansa has no place in the mod right? I know shes gorgeous but she is not geoffreys wife, neither is she a lady., she cant be courted couse her brother is not in pocession of her. i think she would be a dead npc?

I am not a modder do I don't know if you could do this, but at the start of the game she could be in the prison at kings landing. Also besides margaery and roslin frey there aren't many people to marry.

Back
Top Bottom