SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you so much! It is so kind of you, that you 'v spend time to fix my problem.

I have to admit that except of my previous "freeze bug" and while trying to fix it with reinstalling the game I forgot to pout patch 3.3 and I just went with fix 3.3#3. So the deteriorating of the situation was because of missing files. It's because of doing other things in the same time.

I will test it tonight if i don't fall dead asleep. :wink:     

magitsu said:
Jason L. said:
Which is the version of the enhanced 1257AD on which the patches should be added?
Any of the previous hotfix ones or just 3.3.

You only need the last one as it includes the same files that the previous ones alter.

TrexTemplar said:
Kindly tell me what setting to change please.
Enhanced Options -> Party Options.
I'd imagine that raising the Amount of renown needed to to increase by 1 would provide the best reduction for random scrublords.
This way king, marshal and castle owners would remain a bit beefier.
Though changing this makes the weakest lords challenged against random spawns like the 150+ war party or even the city patrols which can be 100.

Another problem in raising that one is that it affects you too and renown is generally the main way to get beefy numbers. In that case Base size from 30 to 10 would drop 20 from everyone, but you can compensate by other means.

They do get some attrition when they run out of money after their fief wealth gets pillaged compared to their original optimal party size. +150 kingdom bonus helps a lot, besides that 1k+ renown is quite reachable. Then you just have to snipe and compensate with uberelites and tactics.

The first renown one is the best if you don't mind that it nerfs you eventually the most. But that way the total numbers against garrison sizes should drop the most.
thanks bro but I also have a few questions about this mod though:

1: do kingdoms go to war in your game or even make peace?

2: does the mamluk sultanate last long in your game? In mine they fight against the crusader states and il khanate for too long.

In my game Granada, Crusaders and Mamluks are all surprisingly resilient. Wales isn't.

Sevilla, Damascus, Acre and Jerusalem change hands often.

If somebody is taking a beating, you could try to fish for the guildmaster mission to allow peace. I did one for Ilkhanate to relieve pressure from Mamluks. Soon Ilks were hitting Nicea, which led to a similar problem of them getting doubleteamed.

I've seen Portugal and Granada make peace. Italians seem hell bent on fighting each other almost forever.

Certain things slow the progress: for example lord deaths or captures. If marshal goes rip/cap, then it takes quite some time to get another assigned and for it to go on campaign, rally troops.
On the other hand those italian small factions disband their campaign as soon as there is no villages to sack because they estimate that 800 defender town + recuperating lords is a no-go.

Early wars are quite predictable. For example Sweden usually takes Pskov. Then it either loses it or keeps it before first peace. Sevilla is often the first town to change hands, if not Damascus. Wales goes down to only a town. France decs England or HRE. Serbia vs. Venice, Bulgaria vs. Latin.

I'm not sure that Mamluks (very big) are even supposed to get wiped. This mod was at least originally never really about kingdom level play. You were supposed to be the max castle owning vassal. Wars in this mod have always been mostly about looting villages.
EE and Medieval certainly have their king/queen presets, but most of the 1257AD vanilla gameplay loop still shines through.

Certain things like lord generation, when perfected allow easier player kingdom play.

Love this mod, it's one of my favorites, but I've noticed a few strange things recently when I got back into it.

Not sure if I am mixing mods up, but it seems like troops never flee or run away briefly due to loss of morale, they always fight to the death. I somehow remember it didn't work that way, could be wrong though.

When Mamlukes takes over Acre, game freezes if it is assigned to a specific lord, "al-Said" something. Tested it several times with different characters, always the same issue. If any other lord gets it, it's fine.

Another strange thing was that guild masters in almost every nation are giving me the same quest to deal with a specific lord, to kill him/defeat him. I doubt that is intended, as I doubt one lord could anger 10+ different nations. :smile:

When a crusade spawns, message log is spammed with script error messages and then the crusade fails instantly.

Lastly, helping a random army, caravan, etc. in a battle without a lord leading it, sometimes results in a crash.

I'll be diving into some thorough sessions this week, and will report anything else I stumble upon. ^^

Greetings and good morning. First off, thanks a ton for continuing to develop this mod, please don't stop - always enjoyed it immensely. Haven't played in 6 months and just started a new campaign with 3.3...

My question, is there a quick txt file change I could make to revert the tournament weapons back to my own personal weapons (as in previous versions), and my opponent using their weapons rather than simply a sword vs. a sword?

Again, thanks a ton for your time and work! Be well & best regards.

Razielkh said:
Love this mod, it's one of my favorites, but I've noticed a few strange things recently when I got back into it.

Not sure if I am mixing mods up, but it seems like troops never flee or run away briefly due to loss of morale, they always fight to the death. I somehow remember it didn't work that way, could be wrong though.

When Mamlukes takes over Acre, game freezes if it is assigned to a specific lord, "al-Said" something. Tested it several times with different characters, always the same issue. If any other lord gets it, it's fine.

Another strange thing was that guild masters in almost every nation are giving me the same quest to deal with a specific lord, to kill him/defeat him. I doubt that is intended, as I doubt one lord could anger 10+ different nations. :smile:

When a crusade spawns, message log is spammed with script error messages and then the crusade fails instantly.

Lastly, helping a random army, caravan, etc. in a battle without a lord leading it, sometimes results in a crash.

I'll be diving into some thorough sessions this week, and will report anything else I stumble upon. ^^
Can you send me your save file?

Grimnir9 said:
Greetings and good morning. First off, thanks a ton for continuing to develop this mod, please don't stop - always enjoyed it immensely. Haven't played in 6 months and just started a new campaign with 3.3...

My question, is there a quick txt file change I could make to revert the tournament weapons back to my own personal weapons (as in previous versions), and my opponent using their weapons rather than simply a sword vs. a sword?

Nope. You could use a mission_templates.txt file from the version that had the feature and see if it works.

Razielkh said:

Interesting. Your experience seems really weird.

I've had Crusades succeed and fail (not by a glitch but their stack getting wiped). Often their first target is Baza (castle) in Granada.
No occasional lordless army crash here.

Fleeing out of map doesn't seem to be happening. But that old fleeing when previous whittled down spawn retreats toward new reinforcements does happen.

KratosMKII said:
Grimnir9 said:

Nope. You could use a mission_templates.txt file from the version that had the feature and see if it works.

Thanks for the reply KratosMKII. I'll have a look at mission templates. Also, this may have been reported previously, but in tournaments oftentimes I end up fighting a clone of my character who simply stands static. Thanks again and have a good rest of your day.

Did some testing.

Crusade -> works - gave 99k to Pope and targeted Alexandria. Soon a purple stack started building near Milano. At 1400 men it became mobile and the game produced a text line that the crusade has started. It was also possible to stop it by peacing out (Mam gave a free castle).
Capturing lords -> works
Castle guards -> fixed

Occasionally the mercs in taverns are still bugged. I got one of those naked B2 troops there. Previously it was always when I saw elites there they turned out to be something else when recruited. For example knight -> almogavar or some other usual scrub.Maybe once I actually got less than half a dozen teuton half brothers.

For some reason brainy bots does not seem to be working for me. When I press F5 nothing happens. I have the CD (non-steam) version of Warband, patch 1.174. Brainy bots works fine for other mods. I use it with Pendor and Floris and there seems to be no issues there.

Can I just use the brainy bots installer to apply it to this mod? It seems this mod comes with it installed already so I figured if I did that it might cause issues. If not, does anyone know what the issue might be?

Cheers. Also fantastic mod! I am really impressed by the quality of the work  :shock:

So far so good (with no freeze on world map) but it's still early to say  :party:.

I have a request of minor importance: Is it possible to give back to the Varangian Guards the two handed _b axe (or even better the "Nordic axe"). As they are now they are a bit lame in close quarters. I remember that with the two handed_b they were a marvel in sieges... :oops:  ...O.K. they still are..

for some reason, even with the lastest hotfix, if you start as a Sworn Vassal and renounce your oath in order to be independent and then capture a fief by yourself, you WON'T be able to found your own kingdom and instead the No Faction bug will happend, you'll get to appoint a minister but nothing happends from there on, all the other starts work fine tho

Update on the brainy bots issue: I tried to install brainy bots on the module with the patcher program, and it gave me and error. Also, after that, every time I tried to run the patcher it crashed. So I tried removing the 1257 AD module and now the patcher works again. For some reason brainy bots has an issue with the 1257 AD module

kyfohatl said:
For some reason brainy bots does not seem to be working for me. When I press F5 nothing happens. I have the CD (non-steam) version of Warband, patch 1.174. Brainy bots works fine for other mods. I use it with Pendor and Floris and there seems to be no issues there.

Can I just use the brainy bots installer to apply it to this mod? It seems this mod comes with it installed already so I figured if I did that it might cause issues. If not, does anyone know what the issue might be?

Cheers. Also fantastic mod! I am really impressed by the quality of the work  :shock:
Brainy bots doesn't work anymore. It crashed every time i tried to install it and since the author doesn't provide source code there's nothing i can do about it.

Other issues have been noted.

KratosMKII said:
Brainy bots doesn't work anymore. It crashed every time i tried to install it and since the author doesn't provide source code there's nothing i can do about it.

Other issues have been noted.
Damn that sucks. But fair enough

Found out bout this mod this week, i have the V1.13 AD, and cant figure out how to install Enhanced AD already have V3.3,  plz help..!?!

Mr.Gibbs said:
Found out bout this mod this week, i have the V1.13 AD, and cant figure out how to install Enhanced AD already have V3.3,  plz help..!?!
You install it like you would any other mod. First get the 1257 AD Enhanced v2.1 and extract it into your M&B modules folder. Then overwrite with the 3.3 patch. Also get the hotfix #3 file (you can find the link to it on this thread a couple of pages ago) and overwirte over everything at the end.

You don't need the original AD mod to play this. This is a standalone module

Back
Top Bottom