SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason L. said:
Once I was trying to customize troops for a sub mode that I made for 1257AD. Some items didn't appear in game and I was wondering why. Then i realised that the stats of the given unit type (strength, agility ecc.) didn't permit it. So I changed the stats and it was O.K.
That shouldn't apply here. CTT doesn't allow to add equipment which has higher requirement than what the unit has. Besides that, it's a buggy barely working thing.

KratosMKII said:
Sorry guys. Here's the fix for that:
https://mega.nz/#!YIBBwCZC!ylk4PmqNMLKW3VrZZod7cffl3uOU7ILPuHMIEQkYkv8
I tested it just now and the conversation after the siege triggered giving the player control over the fief.

you should be more specific whenever you need to make a new game in order for the hotfix to work, i just lost like a week of playtime in this save because i didn't make a new game after i installed this fix so i still get the no faction bug and i can't have a kingdom of my own, pretty much lost all reasons to keep playing now

I've hit a problem trying to start out as an adventurer - whether I select total war or not, when I join the army of any lord as freelancer, that lord's faction immediately finds itself at war against all factions on the map (!!!) - not just its neighbors.

Is this a known bug and is there any way to avoid it? Right now, I can't play freelancer, as the faction I join will end up being pounded from all sides to oblivion.

hueman337 said:
also im wondering if i have lord killing on, and make one of the noble companions you get from your fief a lord, will he have a chance to die in battle aswell like the rest of the lords? im considering leveling up one of them to be my first lord but it doesn't seem worth it to go trough all that trouble if he's just gonna randomly die, specially considering how dumb the lord AI tends to be and how they always get themselves into trouble really easily
Companions don't die ATM.

TrexTemplar said:
:grin: Hello everyone, I'm really happy this mod is still being developed. Stopped playing 1257 back in 2017,but I'm glad it's being updated with a ton of fun features  :mrgreen: Recently I just finished my exams, so I'm going to play the hell out of this mod and role play as the king to unite the British isles.....but before I do that I have some questions....

1: Are the companions noble now? Previously what spoilt my last time with 1257 was the fact that other lords get angry when I give a supposed noble companion a fief.

2: Can I, starting as king of England with Lord death turned off reduce the number of bugs? I haven't played it yet but I think Lord creation is a little bit bugged. My bad....

3:  Please has the archers not shooting in sieges fixed too.... Remember that deadly situation
Anyways I'm really grateful for you working on this mod :lol: Don't really know why taleworlds didn't make this into a DLC.
1. I didn't touch any of that.

2. Yes.

3. I fixed that long ago.

Kingfisher1990 said:
First off, great job picking up the mantle after Dr. Tomas!

I have a bug where the 50% of the custom troops hired by my custom lords appear naked. Is this a known issue that is fixable?

The lords are not naked, and about 50% of their troops are correct with the right name, but many of the custom units they have are simply named A3 Troop or similiar, and is naked.
Did you give equipment to all custom troops?

hueman337 said:
you should be more specific whenever you need to make a new game in order for the hotfix to work, i just lost like a week of playtime in this save because i didn't make a new game after i installed this fix so i still get the no faction bug and i can't have a kingdom of my own, pretty much lost all reasons to keep playing now
Sorry for that.

notme said:
I've hit a problem trying to start out as an adventurer - whether I select total war or not, when I join the army of any lord as freelancer, that lord's faction immediately finds itself at war against all factions on the map (!!!) - not just its neighbors.

Is this a known bug and is there any way to avoid it? Right now, I can't play freelancer, as the faction I join will end up being pounded from all sides to oblivion.
This is not supposed to happen. As i recall freelancer changes your relations to match the joined faction relations.

Kingfisher1990 said:
First off, great job picking up the mantle after Dr. Tomas!

I have a bug where the 50% of the custom troops hired by my custom lords appear naked. Is this a known issue that is fixable?

The lords are not naked, and about 50% of their troops are correct with the right name, but many of the custom units they have are simply named A3 Troop or similiar, and is naked.
Did you give equipment to all custom troops?

I did! Started a new one, will see if the problem persists.

I am experiencing a new bug however. I don't capture lords. When I defeat one in battle the "lord x escaped" does not show, it goes directly to prisoner screen, then loot, then map.

hueman337 said:
You can still do it the way I did before the fix if you really want to continue.

It requires you to get the 3 ministers before founding a new faction. So either castle or town as a vassal, then rebel. If that is still messed, cheatmenu's establish player kingdom should fix it. Quite a hassle of a workaround.
But I'd personally move on to a new start with character import + necessary adjustments to honor/renown etc. via cheats if there's no motivation for the build up phase.

Kingfisher1990 said:
I am experiencing a new bug however. I don't capture lords. When I defeat one in battle the "lord x escaped" does not show, it goes directly to prisoner screen, then loot, then map.
I've seen this too. Currently about a dozen fights with 8+ prisoner management and zero captures. I've probably never captured a lord with this version, while kills are 10+ and some rescues from prisons. So the AI still captures them fine unless you are involved.

Kingfisher1990 said:
I've seen this too. Currently about a dozen fights with 8+ prisoner management and zero captures. I've probably never captured a lord with this version, while kills are 10+ and some rescues from prisons. So the AI still captures them fine unless you are involved.
[/quote]

Exactly. I looked in the script and the number designating the capture chance seems to be gone. I tried editing it, but it did not like that. Lol

Kingfisher1990 said:
Kingfisher1990 said:

Exactly. I looked in the script and the number designating the capture chance seems to be gone. I tried editing it, but it did not like that. Lol
[/quote]

before i couldn't continue my save because of the no faction bug i also had to fight a bunch of Vassals and noticed this aswell, had 4 prisioner management but NEVER managed to capture a single lord myself, killed a few tho, the AI still seems capable of capturing lords and kings but the player cannot it seems

i also noticed a big problem when defending newly conquered fiefs, whatever army the player may have doesn't seem to actually defend the fief automatically from besiegers when the battle starts, by this i mean that if you are resting with your army inside a newly conquered fief (by default with a 0 garrison before being assigned) and some lords come and siege, right when the siege defense starts, you WON'T join automatically and instead you and your army will be completely ignored and the fief lost and you have to capture it again, this is very problematic when trying to capture anything as it makes you unable to defend properly and you have no option but to engage the vassals on the field if you want to stop them instead of waiting for them to attack and then defend from the fief walls

i noticed some minor stuff aswell like new kings not getting banners, a few bandit hideouts spawning on the ocean (mostly the rogue senior knights ones) and some script errors when entering a village defense from bandits that didn't seem to affect it in any way

also when i was trying to go around the no faction bug, i was able to rebel and make my own kingdom from there, but my lords would have names like Lord I, Lord V, etc, pretty funny, my castle guards where also apparently me and i could even talk to me and vassalize myself  :lol: wich made my faction be defeated and revert to the No Faction state again, i just couldn't continue after that point, it seemed to volatile to even bother with tbh

the mod is definetly an improvement over the last 1257AD version, specially when it comes to balance, but it needs a LOT of bugfixing, mainly getting rid of the gamebreaking bugs like the no faction bug or the freezing on the main map must be a priority, its extremely frustrating losing games because of these bugs when you have already put dozens of hours into them

When I was in a same situation the enemy siege never proceeded anywhere, camped for days for funsies. Only when I tried to leave the town it had to happen.
Yeah, there's quite a bit of tweaking to be had.

I had a similar experience to self-vassalization when I was a queen of my own kingdom and married someone elses lord.

Lord buggedname and capturing lords needs to be fixed. But I'm not sure whether those three copies of yourself as guards/wonky bandit spawns are similar top priorities.

Jason L. said:
Did anybody manage to fix the "freeze  in campaign map" bug. I've lost 3 save games or so... :sad:
No but I ran into it for the first time in about 50 hrs on this version. Good old crash. I'll try not to build the castle from the village next time if it helps, though it was fully upgraded for quite some time so it might not have had anything to do with it.

Hotfix v3.3 #3
Download

1). Fixed player castle guards being copies of himself (now for real).
2). Fixed player starting naked (mercenary captain start).
3). Fixed player kingdom starting with player culture instead of the culture of the template faction (monarch start).
4). Disabled fortifying manor improvement until i figure out what is causing the errors.
5). Fixed player being unable to capture any lord after a battle.

And of course all the fixes from previous hotfixes. No need to start a new game if you have a save with hotfix #2.

The mod is in a playable state for me though.... But seriously what I noticed is that from vanilla 1257 the armies are just too large! Before only a king can boast of 250 men but now normal lords carry about 350 troops. This makes smaller factions to get wiped out easily  :cry: Before Wales could last longer because the original 1257 team set the town of aberfraw to have at least 1000 troops.. This discouraged kingdoms from sieging them. Also here Constantinople can be conquered easily, the papal states and Rome can be conquered easily too. Please can you rebalance it?  Or is there any thing I can change in the mod options to do this?

Also I think the women in the previous vanilla mod had more beautiful characters.  :smile: Not insulting though... But can you revert back to the former textures for women?  Otherwise really Great mod

hueman337 said:
before i couldn't continue my save because of the no faction bug i also had to fight a bunch of Vassals and noticed this aswell, had 4 prisioner management but NEVER managed to capture a single lord myself, killed a few tho, the AI still seems capable of capturing lords and kings but the player cannot it seems

i also noticed a big problem when defending newly conquered fiefs, whatever army the player may have doesn't seem to actually defend the fief automatically from besiegers when the battle starts, by this i mean that if you are resting with your army inside a newly conquered fief (by default with a 0 garrison before being assigned) and some lords come and siege, right when the siege defense starts, you WON'T join automatically and instead you and your army will be completely ignored and the fief lost and you have to capture it again, this is very problematic when trying to capture anything as it makes you unable to defend properly and you have no option but to engage the vassals on the field if you want to stop them instead of waiting for them to attack and then defend from the fief walls
i have 5 in PM and was able to catch some lords, not that many as in other mods, but still...

defending town/castle with no garrizon will crash game to the desktop after winning, becouse there is no one to say 'thank you'

TrexTemplar said:
The mod is in a playable state for me though.... But seriously what I noticed is that from vanilla 1257 the armies are just too large! Before only a king can boast of 250 men but now normal lords carry about 350 troops. This makes smaller factions to get wiped out easily  :cry: Before Wales could last longer because the original 1257 team set the town of aberfraw to have at least 1000 troops.. This discouraged kingdoms from sieging them. Also here Constantinople can be conquered easily, the papal states and Rome can be conquered easily too. Please can you rebalance it?  Or is there any thing I can change in the mod options to do this?

Also I think the women in the previous vanilla mod had more beautiful characters.  :smile: Not insulting though... But can you revert back to the former textures for women?  Otherwise really Great mod
You can tweak that in the camp menu options.

KratosMKII said:
TrexTemplar said:

You can tweak that in the camp menu options.
Kindly tell me what setting to change please.

I tried a previous to freeze save game and it freezed again. The save was from #2 and I tried with #3. I will check  the download (which I did from MDB).

Which is the version of the enhanced 1257AD on which the patches should be added?

Jason L. said:
Which is the version of the enhanced 1257AD on which the patches should be added?
Any of the previous hotfix ones or just 3.3.

You only need the last one as it includes the same files that the previous ones alter.

TrexTemplar said:
Kindly tell me what setting to change please.
Enhanced Options -> Party Options.
I'd imagine that raising the Amount of renown needed to to increase by 1 would provide the best reduction for random scrublords.
This way king, marshal and castle owners would remain a bit beefier.
Though changing this makes the weakest lords challenged against random spawns like the 150+ war party or even the city patrols which can be 100.

Another problem in raising that one is that it affects you too and renown is generally the main way to get beefy numbers. In that case Base size from 30 to 10 would drop 20 from everyone, but you can compensate by other means.

They do get some attrition when they run out of money after their fief wealth gets pillaged compared to their original optimal party size. +150 kingdom bonus helps a lot, besides that 1k+ renown is quite reachable. Then you just have to snipe and compensate with uberelites and tactics.

The first renown one is the best if you don't mind that it nerfs you eventually the most. But that way the total numbers against garrison sizes should drop the most.

To everybody who experienced the "freeze to map bag".
Where from did you download the 1257AD enhanced edition v2.1? 

Edit: Now the game doesn't even lance . I tied starting a new game and it crashes. I re downloaded everything and it crashes the same. Is it possible that the version 2.1 from mega-downloads is corrupted? 

Edit: I downloaded the v2.1 from nexus and it doesn't work ether. I can't even start a new game while previously I could.

:?: :?: :?:

Jason L. said:
To everybody who experienced the "freeze to map bag".
Where from did you download the 1257AD enhanced edition v2.1? 

Edit: Now the game doesn't even lance . I tied starting a new game and it crashes. I re downloaded everything and it crashes the same. Is it possible that the version 2.1 from mega-downloads is corrupted? 

Edit: I downloaded the v2.1 from nexus and it doesn't work ether. I can't even start a new game while previously I could.

:?: :?: :?:
Try this.

Back
Top Bottom