SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

@KratosMKII

If you watch the latest Reformist video you can see the black texture issue appear in the custom unit screen which then leads to a crash. :grin: Happens at 10 minutes. I think the new crusader armors from that other mod are going to have to be removed. I wish this would just go away, such a pain.

stevehoos said:
If you watch the latest Reformist video you can see the black texture issue appear in the custom unit screen which then leads to a crash. :grin: Happens at 10 minutes. I think the new crusader armors from that other mod are going to have to be removed. I wish this would just go away, such a pain.
I was able to get a repeatable black texture error when use_vertex_shaders = 1 in the rgl_config.txt and wading through the cheat menu's find item tabs that forces loading of a ton of icons at once. Eventually after scrolling through around 10 tabs I started getting several black textures and soon it crashed.

Use_vertex_shaders = 0 never produced a black texture. use_pixel_shaders at 0 or 1 never produced black texture either. postfx_dof or postfx_hdr made no difference whether at 0 or 1.

So putting that vertex shader to 0 might be a diy-fix worth making if facing this problem until the culprit is found. Unfortunately it makes the fief names look like ass because it gets rid of the borders. Especially Hungarian fief names are hard to distinguish from the background with it at 0.

edit: Btw, assassinating doesn't work... or at least assassinating your husband. He avoided 2 tries with 100% chance.  :roll:

Something happenned after i build my castle.

Not receiving any notifications on map or battle e had some freezes in map

vasul said:
How many companions can you recruit in the game? And what is the order of their set
29 in total - 14 merc and 15 nobles from fiefs you own (they must be defeerent culture) - 3 from all 5 culture (catolic, ortodox, muslim, pagans and mongols/huns)
mercenaries you can recruit by enlist in lords party - find the town with lord in it and join his party, then recruit companions and ask lord to leave

Jason L. said:
Help! The game at some point freezes at the world map.

This has never occurred before.
Send me your save file. Preferably one a few days before the freezing.

Jinto777 said:

See:
[quote author=KratosMKII]Btw, do not build a castle using your village or else it will break your game. I tested it now and my log got flooded by errors of all sorts.
[/quote]

KratosMKII said:
Jason L. said:
Help! The game at some point freezes at the world map.

This has never occurred before.
Send me your save file. Preferably one a few days before the freezing.

Jinto777 said:

See:
[quote author=KratosMKII]Btw, do not build a castle using your village or else it will break your game. I tested it now and my log got flooded by errors of all sorts.
[/quote]

****, didn't saw that

Well, i will restart =/

Interesting. I've had no problems after building the castle via fortifying a village manor.
I've even done it multiple times with hotfix #2.

Though was building fortifications supposed to change the door etc. in the walk in the courtyard scene? Because nothing changed even with lv III.
Anyway, no red text or disappearing feeds here.

i noticed that outlaws partys on the map don't support each other if closeby (joining forces) like in native or other mods, is that intended? i haven't tested if it happends with lords, kingdom patrols etc since im only farming bandits atm

hueman337 said:
i noticed that outlaws partys on the map don't support each other if closeby (joining forces) like in native or other mods, is that intended? i haven't tested if it happends with lords, kingdom patrols etc since im only farming bandits atm
Most parties of similar type do reinforce. Diffeent faction lords can also pile together against outlaws (or run to another faction's town/castle to avoid big enemy). The reinforcement range feels shorter than in other mods, but that's likely due to the mod having a bit different scale anyway. Mods with a smaller map look like they have a larger reinforcement radius compared to the size/distance between the army models.

well so far i have been farming the steppe bandits and only got them to reinforce each other once, when their map models were literally on top of each other

also im wondering if i have lord killing on, and make one of the noble companions you get from your fief a lord, will he have a chance to die in battle aswell like the rest of the lords? im considering leveling up one of them to be my first lord but it doesn't seem worth it to go trough all that trouble if he's just gonna randomly die, specially considering how dumb the lord AI tends to be and how they always get themselves into trouble really easily

hueman337 said:
also im wondering if i have lord killing on, and make one of the noble companions you get from your fief a lord, will he have a chance to die in battle aswell like the rest of the lords? im considering leveling up one of them to be my first lord but it doesn't seem worth it to go trough all that trouble if he's just gonna randomly die, specially considering how dumb the lord AI tends to be and how they always get themselves into trouble really easily
I only know that it seems impossible to assassinate your husband even with 100 odds.  :wink:
Just save and you don't need to worry the likelihood of this kind of things. You can decide with that approach if it ever ends up happening.

:grin: Hello everyone, I'm really happy this mod is still being developed. Stopped playing 1257 back in 2017,but I'm glad it's being updated with a ton of fun features  :mrgreen: Recently I just finished my exams, so I'm going to play the hell out of this mod and role play as the king to unite the British isles.....but before I do that I have some questions....

1: Are the companions noble now? Previously what spoilt my last time with 1257 was the fact that other lords get angry when I give a supposed noble companion a fief.

2: Can I, starting as king of England with Lord death turned off reduce the number of bugs? I haven't played it yet but I think Lord creation is a little bit bugged. My bad....

3:  Please has the archers not shooting in sieges fixed too.... Remember that deadly situation

Also I have some suggestions to make too.....i know you're a bit busy, but at least more features are always good  :grin:

1: Please add animated banners, medieval conquests I think had them.

2:  Please allow troops to use torches at night time, so cool.

3:  Ever thought of a new crusade system? I can give you my idea if you want.  :grin:

4:  The New UI seems kind of bland from the videos I've watched... Why not have a blueish medieval painting the just like the previous 1257?

Anyways I'm really grateful for you working on this mod :lol: Don't really know why taleworlds didn't make this into a DLC.

First off, great job picking up the mantle after Dr. Tomas!

I have a bug where the 50% of the custom troops hired by my custom lords appear naked. Is this a known issue that is fixable?

The lords are not naked, and about 50% of their troops are correct with the right name, but many of the custom units they have are simply named A3 Troop or similiar, and is naked.

Kingfisher1990 said:

I have a bug where the 50% of the custom troops hired by my custom lords appear naked. Is this a known issue that is fixable?

The lords are not naked, and about 50% of their troops are correct with the right name, but many of the custom units they have are simply named A3 Troop or similiar, and is naked.
I had it once too. I think it could be because I had a custom lord with player culture before I had set up the kingdom troops. Were your kingdom troops still the blank templates when he started recruiting?
Because when I built them, he started adding also the complete ones and later lords did start to raise only the proper ones. This one sorry lord ended up raising more than one type of those naked fistfighters, turning the unit card to mess (B2 below B2 etc. as supposedly different troop).

magitsu said:
Kingfisher1990 said:

I had it once too. I think it could be because I had a custom lord with player culture before I had set up the kingdom troops. Were your kingdom troops still the blank templates when he started recruiting?
Because when I built them, he started adding also the complete ones and later lords did start to raise only the proper ones. This one sorry lord ended up raising more than one type of those naked fistfighters, turning the unit card to mess (B2 below B2 etc. as supposedly different troop).

I thought that could be the problem so I waited until I got two more custom lords. Both of them had the naked troops in a long row of names A1, A2 etc.

However it is only the custom lords who have this problem. My other vassels (non-custom) have all the proper custom troops.

Once I was trying to customize troops for a sub mode that I made for 1257AD. Some items didn't appear in game and I was wondering why. Then i realised that the stats of the given unit type (strength, agility ecc.) didn't permit it. So I changed the stats and it was O.K. 

Back
Top Bottom